Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Nah, I was horribly ill with the flu. :(

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Just started Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments(PS4)

Really enjoying it although seems a bit easier than the last Sherlock Holmes game! Graphics look really nice and the controls are good only finished the second case but i hope there's some harder puzzles coming up :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Warlock
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Warlock » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 am

VizardAmata wrote:Nah, I was horribly ill with the flu. :(

Ahh that sucks, sorry to hear, hopefully they will be about again!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:46 am

Upgraded gta to the Xbox one version, the old crew is all back together. There was only 2 of us left on the 360, we are back up to 5, which makes a big difference.

Also got samurai warriors 4. Usual stuff, same core gameplay with some cool new features, new characters and new modes. Been a while since I played a samurai warriors game, we usually have to settle for warriors orochi (not a bad thing as such, but I'm still glad for a samurai warriors game)

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Mate brought around COD Ghosts and I started at 13:30. Got four levels left and have been doing the cheeves in between all on vet. Safe to say this is the easiest one I have done so far. Im having a break to see my feathery friend but I should have this wrapped up before bed.

100G achievement for throwing all my flashbangs and grenades into a room and nothing else has to be the highlight of this game.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Turbo wrote:Mate brought around COD Ghosts and I started at 13:30. Got four levels left and have been doing the cheeves in between all on vet. Safe to say this is the easiest one I have done so far. Im having a break to see my feathery friend but I should have this wrapped up before bed.

100G achievement for throwing all my flashbangs and grenades into a room and nothing else has to be the highlight of this game.

It's the only CoD game (that I've played) that I haven't completed. It was so incredibly boring after a while.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah wasn't great. Oh well thats six COD titles I have completed on veteran. Just in time AC Rogue arrived today.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Ghosts had a couple of good missions but yeah for the most part it's just the same missions from previous games. The online multiplayer was just terrible they made the perks like Black Ops which was a huge fail! Call Of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 were the best and they should have ended the franchise then.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Turbo wrote:Yeah wasn't great. Oh well thats six COD titles I have completed on veteran. Just in time AC Rogue arrived today.

Does Veteran really count for anything though? Every CoD I've played (bar the sniper mission in MW) I've done in no time at all and I'd only consider myself a casual gamer these days.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:21 pm

I breezed that mission you speak of but the war room mission on either 1 or 2 kicked my ass and the part on black ops after launching the missile. Fuck. Hated them.

WAW is a different animal. Thats solid all over. The last three titles on the 360 ive done in afternoons.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Holy fuck Los Santos is snowy. This is amazing. I went for a joyride up the mountain, lost control, died.

Don't make unnecessary journeys in adverse weather conditions, it could be hilarious.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:16 pm

the snow is amazing. it really is a shame its only for a couple of days, i'd love if they added it to say, 1 out of every 100 games on a random basis.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Gta makes me giggle. Picked up someones car with a helicopter and dropped it from the highest I can go. Hahahaha.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:05 am

Warlock wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Nah, I was horribly ill with the flu. :(

Ahh that sucks, sorry to hear, hopefully they will be about again!

Hopefully they'll make an appearance at a certain festival... :eyes:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:40 am

Turbo wrote:Gta makes me giggle. Picked up someones car with a helicopter and dropped it from the highest I can go. Hahahaha.

It is a really fun game. I just took the high priority vehicle and avoided 3 guys to deliver it, when I came out they were waiting for me and I killed all 3. Then when they chased me I killed them all again and two of them left, then the third left after I pulled my minigun out on him :lol: