Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Smindas
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Smindas » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Bought Danganronpa for the Vita. Let's see what this thing is all about then.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Jobdone wrote:
VizardAmata wrote: a second hand jobbie

:lol: Wondered how long it would take for a joke to be made there. I wasn't disappointed.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Got dynasty warriors 8 empires yesterday, played a bit haven't quite got the hang of it yet. There are so many different positions to hold within empire mode that I've only been able to spend a little bit of time on each. I have a wife and kid though.

Also bought Dragonball xenoverse in game with a combination of a trade in, gift card,reward points and card payment. This is significant because I got home and my brother told me he'd bought it digital on his Xbox one, and because we have set each others consoles as our home consoles it downloaded on mine too, so the physical copy is going back tomorrow. I'll take some on a gift card but I'm getting the money I paid on my card back in my account, game have a habit of trying to give store credit for refunds or at least my local ones do

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:36 am

Having another whack at Tomb Raider. I got stuck last time I played it (nearly 2 years ago, according to my save file), so have started a new game.
So far the only grumble is the quick time events, especially as failing them means death, but at least it respawns you pretty much where you left off.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 am

Currently alternating between Dying Light and the new Dragonball.

Dying Light is fukcing awesome. It doesn't really innovate (The free running is cool, but is essentially Mirrors Edge) but it does everything just right. Great atmosphere, and just generally super fun.

Dragonball is alright. It's weird being your own character, but a neat idea all the same. Haven't really logged the same hours, but I'll definitely keep giving it a go.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:41 pm

So, Assassin's Creed Rogue finished. The story was alright albeit short and whilst I normally 100% AC games (only Revelations hasn't been before this) the game is padded out with so much crap from previous games that I just can't be arsed.

Looking into trading in my 360 for an Xbone. Are there any decent new IP's out? I'll probably get Unity as it's the only AC game I haven't played, and get Arkham Knight when it's out, but I haven't really paid much attention to the new generation. The exclusive games on the PS4 look dire though.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Dragon Age: Inquisition is brilliant. I'm 110 hours into my first playthrough - still got to finish 2 zones off before triggering the final mission. I've got to hand it to BioWare, their scripting/voicecasting is top notch in this one - I actually feel like I know the other party members. Most are pretty deep/three dimensional too.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Climbing up a tower in dying light, and shit went all fucky.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/garnerish/ ... =imagewall

And in other news

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1/812744 ... vr-headset

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:25 pm

I quite want to try the new Dragon Ball, but I suspect it's going to be pretty average like every other DB game that isn't Budokai. However, the fact it has a semi-new plot line is almost enough of a pull.

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Evening fellow Bloodstockers.

Me and a friend of mine (the editor of the videos), have recently started making gaming videos just for a laugh really. We'll play anything from Fifa to Halo. The first Video was uploaded today, if you've got a spare 5 mins, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boBex_v3_eA

Cheers!!
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Smindas wrote:I quite want to try the new Dragon Ball, but I suspect it's going to be pretty average like every other DB game that isn't Budokai. However, the fact it has a semi-new plot line is almost enough of a pull.

I'm enjoying it so far. Its better than the last few and the 3 player online missions and 3vs3 online battles are pretty cool. Have not been able to get into a multiplayer lobby in the city area, but have found missions easily enough. I went with a saiyan for my character but you can be an earthling (left ambiguous as to whether these can become super saiyan as gohan is an earthling) namekian, majin or "frieza race" and yes I'm sure that's what they've called it :lol: piccolo is currently my master so I am learning moves from him and I saw vegeta hanging about so I will hopefully learn from him. Seems to be loads of different outfits with different boosts that you can mix up to suit yourself.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 am

I went with Krillin because it'll be easy to surpass the master. Also because I want Destructo Disc.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:08 am

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Evening fellow Bloodstockers.

Me and a friend of mine (the editor of the videos), have recently started making gaming videos just for a laugh really. We'll play anything from Fifa to Halo. The first Video was uploaded today, if you've got a spare 5 mins, check it out.

Cheers!!

I had a spare 5 minutes, but you've linked to the wrong video there bud.
Last edited by Jobdone on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 am

Jobdone wrote:
Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Evening fellow Bloodstockers.

Cheers!!

I had a spare 5 minutes, but you've linked to the wrong video link there bud.

:lol: