Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:42 am

Killing_time wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Almost predictably, Batman Arkham Knight is an absolute mess on PC. What a joke.

Pretty much happens for all AAA games on PC

Not all, but way too many do this. Why can't every developer be like CD Projekt RED?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 am

Yeah, there's tons of AAA games that run like a dream on PC (See Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, etcetc)

However this one has been so bad it's now been pulled from Steam till they can fix it. :lol:

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 am

So bungie are walkers. Who knew? I'd have been tempted to buy a Destiny sequel, but not now after all this shit that's surfacing about this new DLC. Such wankers!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28 am

It's likely Activision but yeah, take into account the clear indications that the dark below and house of wolves were cut from the main game to be sold,and the £40 price tag for the taken king, and their solution to peoples complaints being selling extra content worth about £5 for £20... I reached level 34 but I think that might be it for me. All I have to do is the crota raid and level 35 prison of elders, might do those but I'm not paying £40 for the taken king.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 am

CrappyMike wrote:Runs like a dream on console. It's seamless, no loading and it is beautiful. :yes: ps4 version is meant to be better but really, I can't see it being a noticeable difference from the Xbox one.

I just spent the last few hours recording and editing a graphics comparison between the two, and tbh there is very little difference between the two versions. The only thing the PS4 probably has going for it is the resolution.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:02 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Killing_time wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Almost predictably, Batman Arkham Knight is an absolute mess on PC. What a joke.

Pretty much happens for all AAA games on PC

Not all, but way too many do this. Why can't every developer be like CD Projekt RED?

Or even Rockstar. Nothing wrong with delaying the port of something if you're going to do it properly.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm

CD project red are hardly perfect themselves. They claimed the witcher 3 would be open world, but it is not truly open. It's more like 3 or 4 open world's. It is however such a good game I can forgive the slight inaccuracy. And yeah they could have delayed the port but from what I hear it runs fine depending on settings. I'd wager the majority of people buying the game have done so on console but that doesn't excuse a poor PC version really.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Finished Devil May Cry, the new one.

It's good fun. Does nothing revolutionary, but you get to punch things in the face and it looks nice.

Also means I've completed 13 games out of my 503 on steam. Getting there bit by bit.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 pm

DMC is a great game, it got way too much flack. It's a bit on the easy side, but overall a solid hack and slash.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Picked up murdered soul suspect at work for around £7, pretty good game for that price. I'd been looking at it for a while but didn't want to pay much for it cause its not the sort of game I usually go for, but I am enjoying it.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 am

I've nearly finished Assains Creed Unity on the PS4. What should I go for next? Bear in mind I'm a year behind. And I'd prefer the said game to be under £20 on Amazon.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:05 pm

My steam library has just under 80 games (including arkham origins, mass effect 1 and 2, hitman absolution, Civ5, Empire Total War, Saints Row4) and I've spent a grand total of easily under 150, I think I'm doing steam right xD

That said I've played under a quarter of them, but shush :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:14 pm

If you've only played a quarter you're definitely doing Steam right.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:56 pm

thehairyone wrote:If you've only played a quarter you're definitely doing Steam right.

To be fair I'm playing through what's left on my Xbox before moving over to PC fully. To be honest a main part of why I started moving over to PC was Microshaft's constant region issues.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Danroush wrote:My steam library has just under 80 games (including arkham origins, mass effect 1 and 2, hitman absolution, Civ5, Empire Total War, Saints Row4) and I've spent a grand total of easily under 150, I think I'm doing steam right xD

That said I've played under a quarter of them, but shush :P

I have over 200 games and I've only played a fraction. Granted, some of those were review copies that I have played, but still, the amount of games I have bought and never even installed is obscene. :lol: