Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Every time I go in the brother's room he seems to be playing Warhawk on the PS3, then I stand there for about an hour watching him play.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:57 pm

New version of warhawk?! :O

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:04 pm

I played Assassin's Creed at my mate's house the other day. Great gameplay and graphics but it does feel a bit repetetive, though jumping about on the rooftops is fun!

We seem to be playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusade every night on the LAN in my house, but last night we tried to get Red Alert 2 to work, but sadly we couldn't. Almost did, but then everything went tits up so we played C&C Renegade instead. It was a right laugh, but we'd really need more to play to have a really good game.

And whilst I'm on the subject of LAN games, can anyone suggest any good ones that don't require a top of the line graphics card that we can play? We need more!
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:I played Assassin's Creed at my mate's house the other day. Great gameplay and graphics but it does feel a bit repetetive, though jumping about on the rooftops is fun!

We seem to be playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusade every night on the LAN in my house, but last night we tried to get Red Alert 2 to work, but sadly we couldn't. Almost did, but then everything went tits up so we played C&C Renegade instead. It was a right laugh, but we'd really need more to play to have a really good game.

And whilst I'm on the subject of LAN games, can anyone suggest any good ones that don't require a top of the line graphics card that we can play? We need more!

Unreal Tournament 2004...you only need 1 disc as you dont need to insert it to play the game and i think i picked up the unreal collection (unreal, unreal 2, unreal tournament, unreal tournament 2004) for £10 in virgin

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:10 pm

unreal + unreal tournament,
halflife and mods (science and industry, action halflife, team fortress classic, natural selection),
vietcong,
alien versus predator,
starcraft,
grand theft auto,
quake 2,
battlefield 1942 (and desert combat mod),
battlefield vietnam if you can run it,
Operation Flashpoint,
Ghost Recon,
Diablo 1 and 2,
Baldurs Gate 2.

That should get you going. Some of those, mainly the mods requiring loads of people for halflife, aren't too hot for 1v1 LANing. If you set yourselves some rules like (only such and such a weapon and meet around X or Y area) it can be great.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Ross wrote:unreal + unreal tournament,
halflife and mods (science and industry, action halflife, team fortress classic, natural selection),
vietcong,
alien versus predator,
starcraft,
grand theft auto,
quake 2,
battlefield 1942 (and desert combat mod),
battlefield vietnam if you can run it,
Operation Flashpoint,
Ghost Recon,
Diablo 1 and 2,
Baldurs Gate 2.

That should get you going. Some of those, mainly the mods requiring loads of people for halflife, aren't too hot for 1v1 LANing. If you set yourselves some rules like (only such and such a weapon and meet around X or Y area) it can be great.

Oof. Big list there! Cheers for it. I'll suggest a few to the guys later on. We recently aquired Star Wars: Jedi Academy and played that over the LAN before work last night. We had some decent lightsaber battles going on for a bit.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:58 pm

If you're going with jedi knight make sure you investigate the mods that are out for it. Dual lightsaber mods/double ended lightsaber mods etc and custom skins all make it a better game imho.

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 am

has anyone played the witcher? that's one awesome game, my pc is a little bit too slow for it, though :(

sacriment
Warrior of Metal

Postby sacriment » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:11 am

ive been playing on jades empire for the xbox for three days and nights and i am addicted so rite now im staggering everywhere because im so tired but i cant sleep

i need coffee :coffee:
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
and it's filled with people who are filled with shit!
And the vermin of the world inhabit it!

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:33 am

Ross wrote:Bloodlines was a fucking corker. I might have to play it again. Played Nosferatu last time, reckon I'll go for a ventrue or malkavian this time.

Malks are cool, but Tremeres have blood magic. Also, why did you play as a Nosferatu? I mucked about with it and had 4 Masquerade violatins in about 5 minutes...
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:00 am

Thought it would be the hardest :lol:

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Speaking of vampires, anyone remember Soul Reaver?

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Great game, SHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT ending.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Bloodlines is one of the best games in recent years!

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:54 pm

andeh wrote:Speaking of vampires, anyone remember Soul Reaver?

Ah yes, i loved that game

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p