Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Dansiferum
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Dansiferum » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:34 am

Currently playing that Viking game for the 360, it pretty good, although better as it gets futher through the game, then theres the usual stuff, GTA4, Fifa, Oblivion etc.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:27 am

RedTeamWins wrote:
Sammi Curr wrote:Currently playing Project Rub on the DS - anyone else played this stupid game?

For ages this was my fave DS game, but only because most of the other games for it were crap. Then cooking mama came out :yes:

It's good? My daughter loves it but I've never had a look at it. Will see what I think.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Sammi Curr wrote:Currently playing Project Rub on the DS - anyone else played this stupid game? :lol:

Also, Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube - headfuck time!!! Apparently there was supposed to be a sequel but I never saw it out anywhere. They should do a 360 version of this, would be ace and a total unnerver in surround sound!

they are making a sequal but they are finishing off too human for the moment and they always take ages to make games
By this axe I rule

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:00 am

Yeah Eternal Darkness was the fucking best. There is a sequal but the production company (the same ones making Too Human) are taking quite along time, TH is their only project atm and thats taken them what, 4 years thereabouts?

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:01 am

Melvyn wrote:Yeah Eternal Darkness was the fucking best. There is a sequal but the production company (the same ones making Too Human) are taking quite along time, TH is their only project atm and thats taken them what, 4 years thereabouts?

not only that it is the first in a trilogy so there might be another 8 years without more eternal darkness
By this axe I rule

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:55 am

Awe Christ :cry:

...three.....thirtyy.....threee.....

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Too Human does look fucking class though

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:26 am

RedTeamWins wrote:Too Human does look fucking class though

it does, but all i have heard about it ranges from dissapointing to the dizzying hights of meh. But i have yet to play it myself so im reserving judgment
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Does anyone know of anywhere that'll sell Fallout 1 and 2? Or will I have to Ebay it?

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Does anyone know of anywhere that'll sell Fallout 1 and 2? Or will I have to Ebay it?

You can get a compilation pack of 1, 2 and Tactics for a really cheap price. Try play.com and suchlike. I know it's unlikely that Game will currently stock it.

Note that they will also come with children sprites removed (so you can't blow their heads off) so you'll have to get a patch to put them back in else it will ruin some of the quests for you.

However, asking where to find what are quite easily some of the BEST. GAMES. EVER. is the first step on the path to enlightenment, and you're already working your way to the top with that avatar :yes:

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 am

Xzar wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Does anyone know of anywhere that'll sell Fallout 1 and 2? Or will I have to Ebay it?

You can get a compilation pack of 1, 2 and Tactics for a really cheap price. Try play.com and suchlike. I know it's unlikely that Game will currently stock it.

Note that they will also come with children sprites removed (so you can't blow their heads off) so you'll have to get a patch to put them back in else it will ruin some of the quests for you.

However, asking where to find what are quite easily some of the BEST. GAMES. EVER. is the first step on the path to enlightenment, and you're already working your way to the top with that avatar :yes:

When I get my PC back up and running, I think I will venture back into the world of fallout :D It's been a while!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 am

Xzar wrote:

It might be worth waiting until October because Fallout 3 is due out around that time & you'll probably be able to pick up a complete pack before long.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith it's awesome i forgot how good Aerosmith were and realise why i used to listen to them none stop from the age of 8 until i was about 15!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:54 pm

I dug out Crazy Taxi on the Gamecube last week.......soon got tired of Offspring though.....Yah yah yah yah yah :lol:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:13 pm

That makes me want to crack out my Dreamcast again, I still need to finish Bangai-O! :lol: