Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WorMzy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Laptops are shit for playing games on. Most mobile graphics chipsets aren't supported by most games, and if they do work, you're not likely to get a very good framerate. You're better off getting/building a half-decent desktop PC and using that for games, and using the laptop for word-processing/graphics editing et al.

I'm still playing Rune Factory. In fall, first year, level 36, with eight monsters. Still not sure who I'm going to marry; Mist and Melody both have 4LP, but Felicity is pretty cute.. =|
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

madben_rocker15589
Lowly Peon

Postby madben_rocker15589 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm

there are some awsome games that are coming out and cant wait to get my hands upon them

fable 2
fallout 3
gears of war 2
guitar hero 4 world tour

cant wait gonna be fricking awsome playing them :D

owe has anyone been on golden axe beast ridder i was thinking of getting it but i dont know if it would be anygood :|

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:53 pm

Apparently Beast Rider is utter shite.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Anyone seen the limited edition Gears2? Comes with a full size gold lancer rifle! :o

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Been playing Fable 2 for a few days, I must say the game looks amazing but don't listen to all the hype or LionHead Studios. It is a o.k RPG like the first one but nothing exiting game play wise.
I have most of the game yet to play so something might turn up and make me change my mind.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Almost finished with the main story of Rune Factory, gonna marry Mist, finish the story, then start playing Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Zaibatsu
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zaibatsu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Don't get TNA wrestling, it looks great but plays like shit :x

Ah I was actually thinking of getting this just because, well, it's a TNA game. Though just looking at online reviews isn't really making it sound any better.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:45 pm

NightEyes wrote:Been playing Fable 2 for a few days, I must say the game looks amazing but don't listen to all the hype or LionHead Studios. It is a o.k RPG like the first one but nothing exiting game play wise.
I have most of the game yet to play so something might turn up and make me change my mind.

When did you *ever* listen to what Peter Molyneux said?

Fallout 3 in 9 days!!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:46 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Anyone seen the limited edition Gears2? Comes with a full size gold lancer rifle! :o

Nah, you get a code to download a gold plated Lancer in game for multiplayer, and the full sized Lancer rifle is only available from Amazon.com and cost well over a hundred whatevers.

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:55 pm

andeh wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Anyone seen the limited edition Gears2? Comes with a full size gold lancer rifle! :o

Nah, you get a code to download a gold plated Lancer in game for multiplayer, and the full sized Lancer rifle is only available from Amazon.com and cost well over a hundred whatevers.

still looks f'in niceee

Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:47 am

wintermourn wrote:
andeh wrote:

still looks f'in niceee

..... well it's for sale in my local gamestation for £130.... And it definately is the full sized one because it says 'Full sized lancer assault rifle' on the box... It has a vibrate function on it to apparantly... For the ladies :lol:

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 am

Twaddlefish wrote:
NightEyes wrote:Been playing Fable 2 for a few days, I must say the game looks amazing but don't listen to all the hype or LionHead Studios. It is a o.k RPG like the first one but nothing exiting game play wise.

When did you *ever* listen to what Peter Molyneux said?

Fallout 3 in 9 days!!

I made that mistake the first time round. :(
But dispite Molyneux's blatant lies I really liked the first game, I mean it was no morrowind and most of the content had been done somewhere else before to some extent, but there was something very endearing about it.

Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metal_Moses » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Im not a gamer, and i dont own a console, but my god am i excited about Fable 2, im even considering buying a X-Box just to get that game :D

:flame:
How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Metal_Moses wrote:Im not a gamer, and i dont own a console, but my god am i excited about Fable 2, im even considering buying a X-Box just to get that game :D

:flame:

Hahaha! I would wait, my mate was exicited to play Fable 2, so his Xbox knew it was best time to..... RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!!
So thats 3-4 months till he gets it back and that the end of Fable 2 for me, since I was playing his!

Metal Moses I would never try and change your mind I would just say read some reviews about Fable 2 before commit your hard earned cash on a very death-prone console. I don't own one of the 'next-gen' consoles as the prices are too high and games are sub par in my view.

RedTeamWins - I can't put into to words how much love Morrowind. Some fools are comparing it to Fable, almost unlimited gameplay (TES:III) vs 15 hours to max (Fable) and I am guessing Fable II will be about 30 hours if that.

laxo
Consort of the Beast

Postby laxo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Yeah I have my doubts about Fable 2 but like other people have said, the original fable was alright but nowhere near what was promised so fable 2 should be alright but it's been massively overhyped just like the original....not that i'm much of a console gamer anymore...
Image For BOA 09