Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 pm

playing baldurs gate 2 shadows of amn at the mo, yeah its old, but i lurve it. just bumped into firkraag the dragon again :yes:

If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

2fukkinmetal
Consort of the Beast

Postby 2fukkinmetal » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:58 am

Ha! broken my fallout 3 addiction by buying COD 5. I'm addicted to that now, but since i completed it the same night i bought it and completed co-op the next night. I cant see it lasting. The multi player online is great but i'm not good enough at it to stay interested more than a week or so.

Is anyone else getting Sacred 2? I think it looks really good but i dont know much about it other than having seen a trailer..

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:05 am

Been playing Left4Dead quite a bit lately, and continuing with Harvest Moon when I'm at work.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 pm

NightEyes wrote:

Now my quick review of FF X
- Weak Story, bland graphics, poor character development, end boss was a joke
+ Amazing after game battles (Dark Summons) , sphere grid, long game +70

FF X wasn't my favorite but it was a bad game, now FF X -2 that is a BAD game. For me Final Fantasy has been heading down the toilet since Square Soft became Square Enix.

Exactly my thoughts, I tried so hard to like the characters but if it weren't for Auron (who was pretty badass) then I don't think I'd have ended up completing it.

I really like FF9 which apparently is odd because no one else seems to appreciate it. Other than that I've only played 8 which I remember as being awesome. I never get that far on 7 before giving up and playing Gears of War.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Bought Left 4 Dead a few days ago and it's consumed me since. Amaaazing game. I recommend it to all.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:I really like FF9 which apparently is odd because no one else seems to appreciate it.

I love IX. I think its great :).

And I think X is brilliant too, I completely disagree with the criticism of storyline and characters.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Luke- wrote:
CaptainTripps wrote:I really like FF9 which apparently is odd because no one else seems to appreciate it.

I love IX. I think its great :).

And I think X is brilliant too, I completely disagree with the criticism of storyline and characters.

Visually FFX was beautiful, but I found it kind of hard to relate to Tidus at all which is kind of important to a FF game. Looking back actually I remember a couple of fairly decent characters such as Seymour and Wakka The idea of a different language for the Al-Bhed was pretty clever too, and going around learning it was a nice feature.

Apart from that it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:40 pm

I am annoyingly addicted to Facebook Tetris :(

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Replaying Star Wars : Knights Of The Old Republic II : The Sith Lords (its full title) again for the 10 time. Its a alright game if you like RPG's that let you take down a full room of bad folks with Force Lighting.

I should say more about the game that got in interested in Star Wars but I have played it too many times and the films disappointed me.

Vivi! He kicked ass and his story was strong and moving. The reason FF9 isn't as *appreciated* (mindless worship) is as a whole the game wasn't produced well there were many flaws in the gameplay. It was also a fricken bitch to complete, beat Ozmas, collect all cards, secret shops etc...

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:59 pm

I find the entire FF series ridiculously over-rated and nowhere near as good as people like to think.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:19 pm

NightEyes wrote:Image

Vivi! He kicked ass and his story was strong and moving. The reason FF9 isn't as *appreciated* (mindless worship) is as a whole the game wasn't produced well there were many flaws in the gameplay. It was also a fricken bitch to complete, beat Ozmas, collect all cards, secret shops etc...

Hell yeah! All the characters were good. Easier than the others I thought though, I wasn't to bothered about doing everything in it, completion of the game sufficed. :yes:

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:38 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:Visually FFX was beautiful, but I found it kind of hard to relate to Tidus at all which is kind of important to a FF game. Looking back actually I remember a couple of fairly decent characters such as Seymour and Wakka The idea of a different language for the Al-Bhed was pretty clever too, and going around learning it was a nice feature.

Apart from that it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

Tidus doesn't really have anything to relate to. Tidus is like the player, he doesn't know whats going on and you're learning about Spira/summoner sacrifice together. The main character in terms of the story is Yuna, and I thought it was a good 'un.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Finnvitka wrote:I find the entire FF series ridiculously over-rated and nowhere near as good as people like to think.

I used to feel this way, then I actually played it. :yes:

L4D just crashed on me. D:
~ Adam Jenson

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 pm

WorMzy wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:I find the entire FF series ridiculously over-rated and nowhere near as good as people like to think.

I used to feel this way, then I actually played it. :yes:

L4D just crashed on me. D:

I have played it. I had nothing else to do when I lived in Norway but play FF3 on DS for hours and hours on end, I've played 7 and X-2

I still find it really boring and nowhere near as good as people seem to think.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Fair call then. :)
~ Adam Jenson