Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:35 pm

been replaying assassins creed
took me 2 days to get to where it took me 3 weeks to get to last time :|
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:04 pm

My fortress has been the target of many a siege in recent years, but I've managed to only lose a handful of dwarves while wiping out battalions of goblins scum. My guard towers are incredibly efficient, considering they're only manned by three marksdwarves at the best of times. Masses of goblin corpses mount up just outside them, making a huge clean up operation after the siege breaks off. This last time I even managed to protect the idiot elven caravan, who refuse to bring guards, and always manage to turn up at the same time as a siege. Despite my saving their useless necks, they still had the audacity to complain at me for chopping down too many trees, fucking hippies.

My fortress also seems to have attracted the attention of the king, a few more offerings to him and he'll probably decide to come to my fortress and make Angelstorm the capital region of the dwarven empire. When that happens I'm planning on having the king fall victim to a "tragic accident", possibly involving a ceiling falling on him. I'll then abandon the region, and start up a new fortress, hopefully somewhere with a magma vent.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Finally got round to completing Force Unleashed, woop! My right arm's as stiff as lord vaders wanking arm after that though, fucking Emporer. Everyone seems to have completed this game in 1-2 days on the 360 but on the wii unless you want your arms to fall off and be unable to move due to spinal injuries its a chapter or so a day max (if you don't get bored of all the repetitive pointless levels in the middle that is)

Now I'm gonna have to buy Lego Star Wars the complete saga

Blaken
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blaken » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Lick Mars wrote:Now I'm gonna have to buy Lego Star Wars the complete saga

I absolutely adore the Lego Star Wars games! I never could work out who the intended audience was... But then I may have just been trying to convince myself that they weren't for kids :eyes:

PoonLagoonGuy23
Consort of the Beast

Postby PoonLagoonGuy23 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 am

Just got all gold weapons on cod4.

A stunnnig sense of accomplishment, except it means nothing seeing as all the gold weapons are the crap ones - minus the mini uzi...

CANT WAIT FOR GUITAR HERO METALLICAAAAAAAA!!!!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:58 am

I went on the Deus Ex forums the other day to see what Eidos has been up to on DX3 for the past few years. From what I've read it's going to be a prequel :( and have automatically regenerating health (Like call of duty, because apparantly medkits and area based damage are too complicated for most gamers !?!) :(

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be a massive balls up?

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Because it'll be made for console 'tards who don't appreciate a good FPS/RPG. Also, Ion Storm folded ages ago.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:Because it'll be made for console 'tards who don't appreciate a good FPS/RPG.

That sentance makes me sad :(
Unfortunately it's probably true. I think it's to do with modern games trying to cater for everyone, which means dumbing everything down so it can be finished by your average person, while trying to keep the cult fans subdued with a few token gestures. Fallout 3, oblivion, and to an extent mass effect are good examples of this, as they are relatively short and linear (yes, I just called oblivion linear!) and try to dazzle the critics with 'massive' game worlds and 'oh look, the new unreal engine! Shiny!'.

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:38 pm

Still playing skate 2.

Finished tomb raider underworld lately, halo wars is a load of bollocks and call of duty 5 just doesnt match up to modern warfare!

toria-georgia

Postby toria-georgia » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Jakkake wrote:Still playing skate 2.

Finished tomb raider underworld lately, halo wars is a load of bollocks and call of duty 5 just doesnt match up to modern warfare!

Yes, and you never let me on COD4 earlier, meanie!!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/toriageorgia

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Woo, the king arrived at my fortress, so I'm just trying to get all the bastard nobles into one area so I can crush them all at once.

Should be fun. :D
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

logandog1

Postby logandog1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Got my self a balance board for my Wii and spent all easter playing 'Family ski and snowboard'
8)
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was coloured red
The reason for the colouring was the axe stuck in its head

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Jakkake wrote:Still playing skate 2.

lol skate 2 has the best thing ever... the hall of meat xD
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Blaken wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:Now I'm gonna have to buy Lego Star Wars the complete saga

I absolutely adore the Lego Star Wars games! I never could work out who the intended audience was... But then I may have just been trying to convince myself that they weren't for kids :eyes:

Thats good! If its kind of aimed at kids that means its not too serious, and I like my games not too serious. I keep hearing how great the game is, and now that I'm in need of a new star wars fix my curiosity is telling me I need to buy it..plus its only 11.99 on hmv site

Blaken

Postby Blaken » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Lick Mars wrote:..plus its only 11.99 on hmv site

I don't think you can argue with that really! Tis best to play with a friend though :yes: