Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am

Ollock wrote:Just wondered if there's any other people that work in the games inustry going to Bloodstock??

I play a lot of games, does that count? :lol:

Ollock
Warrior of Metal

Postby Ollock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:54 am

Course it does!!! you done a beta test?? ;)

Blaken
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blaken » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:46 am

I bought James Pond II on the PSN last Thursday. I had no idea they were releasing it, so I was a rather happy bunny!

I also had no idea that they ported that game to the first Playstation, since I originally had it for my Amiga 500!

As a further note, I (foolishly) bought the Sega Megadrive game Gunster Heroes from the PSN recently too. This is foolish as I already have the game on my fully functioning Megadrive :rolleyes:

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Ollock wrote:Just wondered if there's any other people that work in the games industry going to Bloodstock??

You win big points for having Streets of Rage (II?) in your avatar and being in the games industry- might be wrong, but looking at your location, it;'s not for Codemasters is it?

Ollock
Warrior of Metal

Postby Ollock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes it's a picture of me IN streets of Rage, yes I'm at Codies, you win!!! :yes:

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Ollock wrote:Yes it's a picture of me IN streets of Rage, yes I'm at Codies, you win!!! :yes:

I only just saw that now :lol:

Thought so- it's the only local one apart from the guys in Leamington who got bought by Activision/Blizzard...

Ollock
Warrior of Metal

Postby Ollock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Nope there's a fair few in the local area!

Freestyle Games (DJ Hero), Blitz (Dead to Rights) Full Phat (a lot of DS ports) and maybe another...I forget!!

There's normally a couple of Codies going to BS, but only me raising the flag this year!!

Was hoping there's be some others, but there's tons of gamers, so every should meet up anyway and have a chat after the last band on Friday or whatever.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Ollock wrote:Nope there's a fair few in the local area!

Freestyle Games (DJ Hero), Blitz (Dead to Rights) Full Phat (a lot of DS ports) and maybe another...I forget!!

There's normally a couple of Codies going to BS, but only me raising the flag this year!!

Was hoping there's be some others, but there's tons of gamers, so every should meet up anyway and have a chat after the last band on Friday or whatever.

I think it was Freestyle who got bought actually, but me memory is hazy. I didn't realise that there were so many in the area thouigh!

Will do man- provided I'm sober enough to make a sentence :eyes:

On a side-note, it is painful buying my brother Fallout 3 for his birthday when I haven't had a chance to buy it myself.

Ollock
Warrior of Metal

Postby Ollock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah you're right Freestyle are now Activision.

BTW I'm playing Battlefield 1943 and loving it!!

GT: Ollock (360)
GT: Mr-Ollock (PS3)

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Finally got round to buying Left 4 Dead the other day.

I don't care what you say about this, the Witch fucking terrifies me!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Blaken wrote:I bought James Pond II on the PSN last Thursday. I had no idea they were releasing it, so I was a rather happy bunny!

I also had no idea that they ported that game to the first Playstation, since I originally had it for my Amiga 500!

As a further note, I (foolishly) bought the Sega Megadrive game Gunster Heroes from the PSN recently too. This is foolish as I already have the game on my fully functioning Megadrive :rolleyes:

but is is such a good game and now if you megadrive stops working you have a spare copy
By this axe I rule

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Bisset wrote:Finally got round to buying Left 4 Dead the other day.

I don't care what you say about this, the Witch fucking terrifies me!

the witch becomes a lot less scary when you get the cr0wned achievement
By this axe I rule

Blaken
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blaken » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
Blaken wrote:I bought James Pond II on the PSN last Thursday. I had no idea they were releasing it, so I was a rather happy bunny!

but is is such a good game and now if you megadrive stops working you have a spare copy

It's true, and although the graphics look the same as they used to, it has to be said that they've spent time upscaling properly, as if I plugged my Megadrive in to my LCD, it wouldn't look like it does on my PS3... So every cloud and all that.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm

This thread reminded me to get the BF1943 demo and I have to say, it's awesomely fun. Demo's run out though :( I'll contemplate buying it over the next few hours.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:45 pm

that is the main reason i dont play my megadrive any more (untill i get an old tv) now i just want alien soldier, dynamite heddy, mercs and ghouls and ghosts on xbox live arcade and i will be happy, untill i start demanding seag saturn games :lol:
By this axe I rule