Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Random thought as this may be particular to each game, but does anyone know anything about assertion errors and how to get rid of them?
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Never come across the term myself, but if you're getting errors from a game, try googling the error name/number and see if anyone has a solution for it.

I've started up Katawa Shoujo: Act 1 again.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:51 pm

WorMzy wrote:Never come across the term myself, but if you're getting errors from a game, try googling the error name/number and see if anyone has a solution for it.

Thanks. :)

Although I'm slightly worried I've found every number going except the one I'm getting :lol: ah well.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:11 am

WoRLoKKeD wrote:Also, I'll give it a week after you complete it the first time before you start to wonder about the alternate arcs the story can take. Then you'll wonder how hard it actually IS to play through without killing anyone, then...Damnit. Now I'm going to have to install it again!

Its a great game, I am killing my way though (although the Supply guy seems to disprove of me killing the bad guys. Wuss.) the Advanced Rifle skill is making it a dream to use the sniper to take out people.
Is there enough Dart ammo to play the game without killing anyone?

Although, how have you NOT managed to play Deus Ex yet?

Yeah I just never heard of it before. :o I am big RPG fan but FPS tend not to interest me. I took a chance on Deus Ex as 1. it was £5 and 2. the blurb said RPG/FPS.

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 am

NightEyes wrote:
WoRLoKKeD wrote:Also, I'll give it a week after you complete it the first time before you start to wonder about the alternate arcs the story can take. Then you'll wonder how hard it actually IS to play through without killing anyone, then...Damnit. Now I'm going to have to install it again!

Its a great game, I am killing my way though (although the Supply guy seems to disprove of me killing the bad guys. Wuss.) the Advanced Rifle skill is making it a dream to use the sniper to take out people.
Is there enough Dart ammo to play the game without killing anyone?

Although, how have you NOT managed to play Deus Ex yet?

Yeah I just never heard of it before. :o I am big RPG fan but FPS tend not to interest me. I took a chance on Deus Ex as 1. it was £5 and 2. the blurb said RPG/FPS.

Between darts, the stungun, non-lethal nades and ingenuity, it's entirely possible. Admittedly, there are literally maybe 2 people (i think) that you have to kill to progress, but that's all. Not including them, you can get through without killing anyone. It's a hell of a challenge though.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:06 am

I bought Dragon Age: Origins yesterday

So far it's striking me as looking like its going to be a wee bit too much like the Knights of the Old Republic games set in fantasy tiems instead of Star Wars but combat seems more intuitive and more varied.

Also I started playing World of Warcraft again, I'll never see the sun again at this rate!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

I've heard good thigns about Dragon Age.

EVE...from what I see it's awful.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Modern Warfare 2 best be here tomorrow or I'm gonna be fucking pissed. ¬__¬

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Modern Warfare 2 best be here tomorrow or I'm gonna be fucking pissed. ¬__¬

OMFG IT HAZ SPACE LEVEL!!!! :O
ButI can't really take the piss tbh, I'm one of the few people in the world who've never played COD since the third one.
NightEyes wrote:Been playing Deus ex for the first time.

YAAAAAAAAY!

WoRLoKKeD wrote:Between darts, the stungun, non-lethal nades and ingenuity, it's entirely possible. Admittedly, there are literally maybe 2 people (i think) that you have to kill to progress, but that's all. Not including them, you can get through without killing anyone. It's a hell of a challenge though.

Nope, you can do it ALL without killing anyone. There's a video on youtube of the playthrough I think, but I've never been bothered to watch it myself as it's probably hours long.

blahblahblah EVE etc...

I may have to at least check it out as I've recently decieded to abandon WoW. The one thing I really liked about it was the battlegrounds, which are now truely fucked on the vindication battle group (Meaning that there is literally no PvP anymore). I could re-roll or transfer, as I have often been told, but frankly I can't be arsed and don't see why I should have to. I'm also considering the new KotOR MMO whenever it comes out, because, you know, it's effing star wars.

Just started playing kotor now in fact, I expect to enjoy it immensly up until the point I realise I have to do the Taris sections again.... Oh Shi-

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:19 pm

MW2 is out today is it not? Should I bother with it?

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:MW2 is out today is it not? Should I bother with it?

Yes. My housemate has it and it looks really good. No harm in waiting a bit, it's currently £45
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

enemywithin
Consort of the Beast

Postby enemywithin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

YES YOU SHOULD! i preordered for £47 but you can get it at sainsburys for £26 and allegedly at morissons for £22.50 D:

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Its £25.99 at morrisons I believe

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Not spending £45 if it's yet another generic-American-self-congratulatory-masturbation-session where everyone goes around shouting HOO-RAH!! SEMPER FI MOTHER FUCKERRRRRRRRS!!! (I can play GOW for that, or even Halo)
I'll get it if it's as cheap as that though :o May have to head up to tesco or something (EDIT: It's £32 at tesco :( ).
Last edited by RedTeamWins on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

enemywithin wrote:YES YOU SHOULD! i preordered for £47 but you can get it at sainsburys for £26 and allegedly at morissons for £22.50 D:

yeah i heard it's being sold cheap
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"