Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 am

Just been watching some God of War 3 walkthrough vids on YouTube, I dunno how this person got it early but damn it looks so awesome... and I'm not going to get to play it. T_T

whiplash02
Leather Rebel

Postby whiplash02 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:14 am

VizardAmata wrote:About 17 hours in, I'm really loving Final Fantasy XIII, and I'll probably buy it once it drops in price/when I find it preowned.

I would also love to cosplay as Fang, she is awesome. 8)

It's not the best Final Fantasy game ever; the linearity for most of the game stops it being a classic, but it is, in my opinion, fantastically good fun all the same. Best since FFX. I'm about 48 hours in now. Chapters 11+ really make you up your game!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 am

Yeah the linerarity is killing it a little for me, but it's supposed to open up soon and I really hope it does, part of the fun of FF is the exploration.

Although saying that, I'm only renting it and it's due back Wednesday, so I'm having to plow through it as quickly as I can. :ugh:

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:01 am

whiplash02 wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:About 17 hours in, I'm really loving Final Fantasy XIII, and I'll probably buy it once it drops in price/when I find it preowned.

I would also love to cosplay as Fang, she is awesome. 8)

It's not the best Final Fantasy game ever; the linearity for most of the game stops it being a classic, but it is, in my opinion, fantastically good fun all the same. Best since FFX. I'm about 48 hours in now. Chapters 11+ really make you up your game!

the linearity didnt bother me with that and the faster battles the game seemed more streamlined and since the plot is interesting enough the lack of places to waste my time makes it work better. Saying that i have just started chapter 11 and im looking forward to the change of pace
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:41 pm

I can't see how a 'linear', 'streamlined' RPG that has 'a lack of places to waste my time' could possibly be good. I'm curious to play it now though.

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm

tbh final fantasy has never been my cup of tea lol
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:I can't see how a 'linear', 'streamlined' RPG that has 'a lack of places to waste my time' could possibly be good. I'm curious to play it now though.

neither could i until i played it but take away everything else and you only have the battle system, plot and character customization all of which i enjoy
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Wanting to get Metro when it come sout in a couple of days but still haven't got the 360 fixed. Pretty much certain I'll buy a new one now though.

whiplash02
Leather Rebel

Postby whiplash02 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm stuck on the ending battles of FFXIII . One annoying thing about this game is that it's automatically game over if your leader dies. This is most annoying if you've been fighting the final bosses of the game for what seems like 10 billion hours, and just as you're in the final stages of defeating this incredibly tough foe, the bastard casts death on your leader. Game Over.

I burnt my dinner fighting that losing battle. Cunt.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Instead of buyng a new 360 I've just borrowed my brothers because he never uses it. I'll get another one for my birthday in a couple of months, which is conveniant because I never know what to get. :yes:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Stuck on FFXIII. Screw you Hecatoncheir! :x

whiplash02
Leather Rebel

Postby whiplash02 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 am

Just completed FFXIII! :D

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 am

Tips for Vanille's eidolon? He seriously keeps pwning me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. :D

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 am

Got Metro 2033
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZJ6gAmT4I

Not had a chance to play it yet but it looks pretty as hell (the above vid is for the PC version, but still...) and has a cool Russian-post-apocalyptic-steampunk vibe about it.

Unfortunately I don't get home for a while today so it'll have to wait before I can play it :(

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:12 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Got Metro 2033
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZJ6gAmT4I

Not had a chance to play it yet but it looks pretty as hell (the above vid is for the PC version, but still...) and has a cool Russian-post-apocalyptic-steampunk vibe about it.

Unfortunately I don't get home for a while today so it'll have to wait before I can play it :(

guessing from your avatar, if you liked Fallout 3 then youll like Metro 2033. i had it an hour and then went back to the shop to exchange it for Bad Company 2. as with any THQ game, it looks pretty but the gameplay is very flawed.