Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Moonburp
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Moonburp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
isabiggles wrote:I started doing the Americas expansion for Total War II today. It's pretty cool if a little lacking.

I started that as the apache I think but its no way near as good as the other campaigns, since it mainly seems to consist of get a ton of units and mob them xD

Mayans are the best. Aztecs get completely dicked over in the first couple of moves by their neighbours who start off as enemies and an unnecessary number of units. Apachean Tribes are useless when it starts coming to sieges. Spanish is too easy.

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
isabiggles wrote:I started doing the Americas expansion for Total War II today. It's pretty cool if a little lacking.

I started that as the apache I think but its no way near as good as the other campaigns, since it mainly seems to consist of get a ton of units and mob them xD

Mayans are the best. Aztecs get completely dicked over in the first couple of moves by their neighbours who start off as enemies and an unnecessary number of units. Apachean Tribes are useless when it starts coming to sieges. Spanish is too easy.

It doesn't really matter though. As with all Total War campaigns that i've ever done, i'll end up losing interest as soon as it becomes remotely difficult. I don't do too well with strategy.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:26 pm

New EDF game next year :D
By this axe I rule

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Lawl.

The English arrived on my shoreline in the Americas campaign exactly where I had amassed a huge frickin' army. They lasted for two turns before their faction was destroyed. Poor poor English :lol:

The French are being a pain though. They're not that strong but they're settlements are miles apart and I want to take them down before they expand. Aztecs still haven't betrayed me yet which is good. I've managed to bulk up my defences at the borders anyway so if they do they won't do very well. I assume i'll be attacking them next once the French are eliminated since they're the greatest threat after them. Once that's done i'll just easily take over a few tribes and claim victory.

Wahey.

Now to play some UFC undisputed. I've found an amazing tactic for defence against takedown spammers. You pick BJ Penn or someone who can do a rubber guard and when they take you down and start bashing away you pull the rubber guard and start clonking away at them. Then they'll panic and try and escape and you roll them over into the mount and bash away at them. It's hilarious since they assumed their little tactic would work so well. Works fairly well with butterfly guard aswell if you're Big Nog or Frank Mir in heavyweight.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Sounds like someone needs to play WCW Vs NWO: Revenge and get some real wrestling games down them.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:38 pm

I remember the old WWF Smackdown games.

Anyone here play Audiosurf? Or could explain to me what Minecraft is, while they're at it? :P

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 am

RedTeamWins wrote:Sounds like someone needs to play WCW Vs NWO: Revenge and get some real wrestling games down them.

Fucking right.

Also, I got the Sir Slays A Lot achievement, Monster Kills in 20 different Multiplayer matches. Fuck Halo, UT is what a real man plays.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 am

Calibur wrote:
Anyone here play Audiosurf?

I spent many hours on this whilst I was a student. Awesome game

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am

dragon age has far too much dlc for someone like me to be able to buy. although i believe i have about £20 on my reward card, so that couuld go towards some of it
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 am

herzeleid wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Sounds like someone needs to play WCW Vs NWO: Revenge and get some real wrestling games down them.

Fucking right.

Also, I got the Sir Slays A Lot achievement, Monster Kills in 20 different Multiplayer matches. Fuck Halo, UT is what a real man plays.

I would play it in college, but the bloody admin blocked the ports steam uses>.<
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:47 am

Calibur wrote:I remember the old WWF Smackdown games.

Anyone here play Audiosurf? Or could explain to me what Minecraft is, while they're at it? :P

Used to do co-op campaign on Smackdown with my childhood best friend, good times :D

Minecraft, is... I don't know, I spent like an hour digging a tunnel underneath some sheep to try and make a sheep trap. Then I sheared a sheep with a tree and used it's wool to create a block to jump on. I really don't know what the fuck the point is.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:50 am

The old Smackdown games were glorious.

Me and my brother made our own tag team on it.

I mainly miss it for stuff like 5'2 guys doing suplexes on Kane and stuff.
And half the animations floating in mid air if the characters weren't perfectly matched.

And the backstage matches. I don't know why they took that out the new games.
I loved wandering around the backstages. Going outside, pushing people in front of cars and going into bars and smashing them in jukeboxes and all that kinda awesome stuff.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am

I played Smackdown 2 to death. I might buy and dig out my PS2
By this axe I rule

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:03 pm

on the subject of smackdown games, the new SvR looks like they've acyually made an effort to make it different. mostly when it comes to TLC matches, like proper finishers off the ladders (RKO, codebreaker, attitude adjustment etc) and made tables and ladders more part of the environment so you can set them up in different positions. lets hope it actually works :P also theres a new mode that takes rivalrys into consideration and you get little animations if the 2 wrestlers hate each other enough. again lets hope it actually works
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I also must've spent hundreds of hours on Smackdown 2.