Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:16 pm

fallout 3 was far superior in so many ways sam. new vegas had the factions and stuff which was interesting, but overall it was a mediocre game.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm

CrappyMike wrote:fallout 3 was far superior in so many ways sam. new vegas had the factions and stuff which was interesting, but overall it was a mediocre game.

New Vegas had more missions, more weapons, better characters, a better ending (because there were a million different ones) It actually had colour, the missions were more varied, the setting is far more varied, the enemies were more varied and interesting, (for me at least) it crashed a lot less, there wasn't level scaling which added realism, they put in hardcore mode which was quite fun, they fixed the broken Speech system, they added traits back in, they got rid of the stupid small guns/big guns idea which improved point spending, they have Rex the awesome dog companion, they added human companions, oh and there was music.

Oh, and the story is a fucking trillion times better. Drinking water? YAWN.
That is how I arrived at my favour towards New Vegas.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Also, New Vegas was essentially the real Fallout 3 (Van Buren) story. The only thing that let it down was Bethesda's retarded graphics engine.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

I played New Vegas for some friends the other day.

The words "it's a very pretty game" were uttered just at the moment I turned round to find a cow clipping through a fence. It was a pretty deep moment.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 pm

"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't get the hatred for Duke Nukem by... Well, most everyone. I'm probably over halfway through now and i'm really enjoying it. Yeah it's not game of the year, and no multiplayer fun or whatever. But it's Duke Nukem! The storyline is as funny as you'd expect and the gameplay is exactly what you'd expect from a Duke Nukem game. Maybe people were expecting Skyrim the FPS or something.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 pm

for me, and everyone i know, it crashed a hell of a lot. its not excusable by saying "it didnt crash on PC" because it shouldnt crash on ANY format. they did a horrible job with the 360 version and im now wary of buying anything they had a hand in.

as for DNF, it was ok. it wasnt a modern shooter though, and it really showed. had it been released alongside something like prey or turok people would have loved it.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm

CrappyMike wrote:for me, and everyone i know, it crashed a hell of a lot. its not excusable by saying "it didnt crash on PC" because it shouldnt crash on ANY format. they did a horrible job with the 360 version and im now wary of buying anything they had a hand in.

as for DNF, it was ok. it wasnt a modern shooter though, and it really showed. had it been released alongside something like prey or turok people would have loved it.

I'm someone you know technically and it didn't for me :P Well, it did about 5 times while playing it, but at random loading screens. Fallout 3 for me tended to crash at points during certain missions when people were meant to go places and stuff. Like, I couldn't ever go to certain locations and stuff.

As for DNF, the only thing that has bugged me so far, is ironically I suppose a modern shooter thing, only being able to have two weapons and explosives. I'd much rather the old style being able to hold everything ever.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:27 pm

it was the other way round for me :lol:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 pm

CrappyMike wrote:it was the other way round for me :lol:

I guess we were just unlucky at different times. It's a hell of an annoying thing as well.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 pm

have you played divinity 2? dont. ever. i love that game but its got more serious flaws than any other RPG on the market. this includes risen. it might as well never autosave, and the difficulty is just unreal at times if you dont kill every single enemy and do every single mission along the way

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

For fuck sake Mike, i'm pretty sure we had this discussion on fallout 3 versus new vegas a month ago :lol:
Sounds like might and magic 5, and that game is...hard...
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 pm

thats the way this thread works. whenever theres a slight lull in new releases me talk about the same stuff we did ages ago.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 am

I actually found myself liking New Vegas when my character turned into a fucking jackass

Anyway, Timesplitters 4, awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeah!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Well, finished Duke. The final boss wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be considering there were other bosses that were difficult and some sections that killed me a few times in a row.

Decent game.