Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 pm

you could enchant in oblivion but im not sure it was a skill

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:12 pm

WorMzy wrote:Enchanting isn't a new skill, it was in Morrowind. I think it was in Oblivion too, although that might have been a mod.

it wasn't a skill in oblivion and it wasn't possible to create any new skills in oblivion through modding, it was there but it wasn't a skill.

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesys ... _610x0.jpg

Theres the screenshot, and second to the right is the skill for enchanting :P

also

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421448

Hyrule total war, this is awesome!
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Dangles wrote:
WorMzy wrote:Enchanting isn't a new skill, it was in Morrowind. I think it was in Oblivion too, although that might have been a mod.

it wasn't a skill in oblivion and it wasn't possible to create any new skills in oblivion through modding, it was there but it wasn't a skill.

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesys ... _610x0.jpg

Theres the screenshot, and second to the right is the skill for enchanting :P

also

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421448

Hyrule total war, this is awesome!

Looks like there's smithing on the far right there. :o

So maybe repairing has just been broadened somewhat, to let you create new weapons as well? That might be interesting; I always hated that you could collect raw glass and ebony in Morrowind, but all you could do with them was sell them.

Hyrule Total War looks like it might be fun to play once or twice. I've never really considered Hyrule having armies before.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 am

Just seen a gameplay video of Battlefield 3 on the PS3. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice :(
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 am

WorMzy wrote: I always hated that you could collect raw glass and ebony in Morrowind, but all you could do with them was sell them.

Pretty sure you could give them to someone to make into stuff, only it was a bit pointless because why make it when you can find a single guy with a full set and taunt him into attacking you.

Also it was heavy as hell.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, that's another thing in Oblivion. Where the fuck was my ebony stuff?

It's not as heavy as daedric, and to be fair I had to search for ages to find that guy, only to swap half out of it for the Dragonbone Cuirass.

Interesting fact about Morrowind; you cannot get a full set of Daedric armour without buggering up the mainquest.

That's another thing, make critical NPCs killable again. If you're having children in game, don't make them invincible.

But also, there is crafting in Skyrim which is the tits. But disregarding item wear would be mad, especially as Morrowind was just about the first one to do it.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Space Marine looks like it could be bad ass. Effectively Gears of War but with Space Marines and Orcs.. Think I'll wait until it's lowered in price a bit once it's out though. Do like that they don't seem to have held back on the blood :yes:

Picking up my PS3 today! Gonna nip into town in a few to check out a second hand dvd/game store and pick up a couple of games to get me started. So far it looks like it'll definitely be Fallout 3 or Bioshock (both if they're cheap enough). Anyone else got any recommendations before I go? Very much into FPS, but don't mind third-person if the game is good (read: violent) enough (so yes, GTA IV or Saint's Row 2 are possibilities).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Applecore wrote:Space Marine looks like it could be bad ass. Effectively Gears of War but with Space Marines and Orcs.. Think I'll wait until it's lowered in price a bit once it's out though. Do like that they don't seem to have held back on the blood :yes:

Picking up my PS3 today! Gonna nip into town in a few to check out a second hand dvd/game store and pick up a couple of games to get me started. So far it looks like it'll definitely be Fallout 3 or Bioshock (both if they're cheap enough). Anyone else got any recommendations before I go? Very much into FPS, but don't mind third-person if the game is good (read: violent) enough (so yes, GTA IV or Saint's Row 2 are possibilities).

Saint Rows 2 is a must. People seem to hate GTAIV, and the movement and driving are dodgy as fuck until you've played it for a few hours and got accustomed to it. I really like it.

Try and get Batman and Ass Creed 2 or Brotherhood too. Mirror's Edge is kinda fun if you only play the Time Trials (infuriating gun combat), but the parkour is nice when you pull off some amazing, fluid run.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Was thinking of Batman, heard some good things about it.
Seems like I'll be going for preowned from Game or Tesco, as the local 2nd hand shop is closed on Mondays.
By the way, what's a good price for preowned PS3 games? Like, a standard price?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Dangles

Postby Dangles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm

WorMzy wrote:Looks like there's smithing on the far right there. :o

So maybe repairing has just been broadened somewhat, to let you create new weapons as well? That might be interesting; I always hated that you could collect raw glass and ebony in Morrowind, but all you could do with them was sell them.

Hyrule Total War looks like it might be fun to play once or twice. I've never really considered Hyrule having armies before.

Yeah it'd be awesome to create new weapons and all that. In the mod Nehrim at fates edge. They changed the name of repair to crafting, and with the right material you could build warhammers, steel swords etc(and repair weapons and armor). It was really cool to be able to do that but it didn't feel right. It'd be awesome if skyrim got a good crafting system sorted for the game.

Yeah either have i, but something like that has to be played in my opinion, it's a rather creative idea to combine hyrule with total war :P
Facebook

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Applecore wrote:Was thinking of Batman, heard some good things about it.
Seems like I'll be going for preowned from Game or Tesco, as the local 2nd hand shop is closed on Mondays.

In a shop I'd say like £7-10 depending on how old it is. Those games listed (by yourself as well) should fall into that category, I imagine. Not sure tbh.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Luke- wrote:

In a shop I'd say like £7-10 depending on how old it is. Those games listed (by yourself as well) should fall into that category, I imagine. Not sure tbh.

Cool, I was thinking £10 max each (maybe a bit less for Bioshock as it was listed on the tesco site for £3 preowned), possibly £15 for Game of the Year editions.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Seems like I'll be going for preowned from Game or Tesco, as the local 2nd hand

Assuming you mean Arkham Asylum, I'd definitely recommend it aside from the quarter-arsed boss fights, but only if you enjoy stealth, because it's essential to success. Don't bother paying much extra for the GOTY edition though, it's only got a few extra challenge maps.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Seeing the shoddy graphics for the PS3 version of BF3, I am actually toying with the idea of upgrading my desktop and using it for something other than downloads. Thing is though, can I really deal with the lack of a decent online community and shitty pings to outside of the ME? It might be worth the grand or so I would have to spend to get the performance I want.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Dangles

Postby Dangles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 pm

To whoever here has played half life i bear some awful news
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2vd80C ... r_embedded
Facebook