Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Dangles » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:39 am

To everyone who likes oblivion
looky at what i found on reddit.
http://i.imgur.com/ce1dE.jpg
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 am

Bisset wrote:Andy, KoToR 2 is a good game but it was marred by a rushed release date, which meant the game was effectively unfinished. I remember getting to the end and thinking "but about X, Y and Z? What the fuuuuuck?"

Sounds like the patches may have fixed that shit though :D

If it's for PC there's a mod that restored some of the endgame that was still on the disc but inaccessible in game. No idea if it's any good though.

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:30 am

Can anyone recommend a decent USB gamepad that works on Windows 7? Been thinking about it for a while since I've picked up a few games that would obviously work better on consoles, and buying Mega Drive games on Steam for 50p each has clinched it.

RedTeamWins wrote:If it's for PC there's a mod that restored some of the endgame that was still on the disc but inaccessible in game. No idea if it's any good though.

I've heard it's great. Unfortunately I had no luck running KotOR2 on Vista, and I haven't bothered trying on 7.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:49 am

Dangles wrote:To everyone who likes oblivion
looky at what i found on reddit.
http://i.imgur.com/ce1dE.jpg

i want one :o

Dangles

Postby Dangles » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Unfortunatly mike he's not making any more :(

corrupt_toolbox wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent USB gamepad that works on Windows 7? Been thinking about it for a while since I've picked up a few games that would obviously work better on consoles, and buying Mega Drive games on Steam for 50p each has clinched it.

RedTeamWins wrote:If it's for PC there's a mod that restored some of the endgame that was still on the disc but inaccessible in game. No idea if it's any good though.

I've heard it's great. Unfortunately I had no luck running KotOR2 on Vista, and I haven't bothered trying on 7.

Do you have a ps3 or xbox controller?
If it's ps3 use http://www.motioninjoy.com/ to install the drivers to use ps3 controller on the pc, it's rather cost effective.
I'm not sure about those steam games, if you can't connect controller properly to the game then that's a problem from the game and not the drivers(usually).
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 am

So I ended up playing Skyrim, Silent Hill: Downpour and many more yesterday at Eurogamer.

You jelly? :P

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 am

Depends on whether you played Skyrim on a PC or on a console. I'd be incredibly jealous if you played the PC version.

Couldn't give a rats arse about Silent Hill in either case though. :P
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Shagger

Postby Shagger » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Dangles wrote:Unfortunatly mike he's not making any more :(

corrupt_toolbox wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent USB gamepad that works on Windows 7? Been thinking about it for a while since I've picked up a few games that would obviously work better on consoles, and buying Mega Drive games on Steam for 50p each has clinched it.

Do you have a ps3 or xbox controller?
If it's ps3 use http://www.motioninjoy.com/ to install the drivers to use ps3 controller on the pc, it's rather cost effective.
I'm not sure about those steam games, if you can't connect controller properly to the game then that's a problem from the game and not the drivers(usually).

I was about to suggest the same thing. Motionjoy is a brilliant piece of freeware.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I would assume Xbox, as they had 360 controllers to use but I suppose it could have been through PC still. It did seem very cool regardless though, I was quite pleased by what I saw. It seems like they've really streamlined the menu down from Oblivion, which was a bit of a mess tbh. Everything is still there, it's just much easier to access and they've cut out a lot of unnecessary elements.

I also had a look at FF: XIII-2, which actually looks like an improvement over XIII. Still has the same battle system, except for a few minor tweaks, but it seems much more open as there were actually people to talk to and sidequests.

Had a peek at AC: Revelations, but it was a little disappointing as they only had the multiplayer.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:52 pm

VizardAmata wrote:which actually looks like an improvement over XIII. Still has the same battle system, except for a few minor tweaks

What was the battle system?

I played one of the later FF and it was some bullshit, non turn based thing. Where you actually had to fight in real time, but you couldn't attack all the time, so it was basically turn based except you go fucked up more often and had to run around.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Lol, it was basically the Paradigm system from FF XIII, which is probably the one you're talking about. I have a couple of pictures of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ ... CF4451.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ ... CF4452.jpg

It had some changes as I said, like a better mechanic for getting pre-emptive strikes and the ability to summon monsters in battle, but it's still essentially the same.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Picked up Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for £12 the other day. Played it for an hour, s'not too bad. Bit of a pain killing zombies at close range when you don't have any melee weapons and can't blind fire, though. That said, only died twice and neither were from zombies - I fell in knee-deep water and drowned..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

WoRLoKKeD

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:25 pm

League of Legends Dominion beta is fucking fun. That is all.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Play Rammus.
Buy boots of mobility + 5 Zeals.
Move at 1000+ movement speed.
Capture every single point.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:34 pm

VizardAmata wrote:So I ended up playing Skyrim, Silent Hill: Downpour and many more yesterday at Eurogamer.

You jelly? :P

How was Silent Hill?

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p