Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 pm

What I feel like all the Transformers movies should have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... nazs2t5Brg

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 am

portal 2 winning best multiplayer at the VGAs is just a joke. there are plenty of games with amazing multiplayer that didnt even get nominated. COJ The Cartel should have been nominated above portal 2 simply because its completely unique, the single player was shit but the MP redeemed the game, and War in the north because its the best game in its genre for years and the multiplayer enhances the entire gameplay experience in a way that makes single player seem like its not worth playing.

also wtf is with mark hamill losing to someone as shit as stephen merchant?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:29 am

I'm not gonna comment on Mark Hamill as I haven't played the Batman games, but Steven Merchants voice acting in Portal 2 was top fucking notch.

And say what you want about Le Reddit and it's circlejerking, but some random dude just gave me a free copy of Half Life 2 and Half Life 2: Episode 1 simply because I asked.

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 am

CrappyMike wrote:portal 2 winning best multiplayer at the VGAs is just a joke. there are plenty of games with amazing multiplayer that didnt even get nominated. COJ The Cartel should have been nominated above portal 2 simply because its completely unique, the single player was shit but the MP redeemed the game, and War in the north because its the best game in its genre for years and the multiplayer enhances the entire gameplay experience in a way that makes single player seem like its not worth playing.

The reason that The Cartel didn't get nominated is because mediocrity is not something to aspire to. I mean, I'm sure someone once took a shit that bore a startling resemblance to Jesus. Just because it's 'Unique' it doesn't mean that the thing in question has any reason to exist, or is worth the fact that it does.

On the League front, someone found some new items in the game files.

Doran's Scroll (100+ HP, 100+ Mana, 8% Spell Vamp

Welp. That's it. I'm jungling Ryze in the future.
Last edited by WoRLoKKeD on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 am

Meh, it was decent, but it's not like he did a masterful transformation. He did the same and only thing he ever does or did. He's not a real voice actor, merely a celebrity lending his voice,

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 am

WoRLoKKeD wrote:On the League front, someone found some new items in the game files.

Doran's Scroll (100+ HP, 100+ Mana, 8% Spell Vamp

Welp. That's it. I'm jungling Ryze in the future.

HNNNNNG.

SPELLVAMP QUINTS. DA SCROLL.

Btw, you seen the new champ? He looks insane. He looks more like a DoTA or HoN champion than a League one though.

WoRLoKKeD

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:04 pm

He looks like a steampunk version of a 40k Techpriest.

Gameplay-wise, he looks like a trollier version of Lux. This has hilarity written all over it.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 pm

WoRLoKKeD wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:portal 2 winning best multiplayer at the VGAs is just a joke. there are plenty of games with amazing multiplayer that didnt even get nominated. COJ The Cartel should have been nominated above portal 2 simply because its completely unique, the single player was shit but the MP redeemed the game, and War in the north because its the best game in its genre for years and the multiplayer enhances the entire gameplay experience in a way that makes single player seem like its not worth playing.

The reason that The Cartel didn't get nominated is because mediocrity is not something to aspire to. I mean, I'm sure someone once took a shit that bore a startling resemblance to Jesus. Just because it's 'Unique' it doesn't mean that the thing in question has any reason to exist, or is worth the fact that it does.

but the multi player isnt mediocre. thats what im saying, the single player is terrible and nobody looks past that, but the multiplayer is excellent.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

WoRLoKKeD

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:Another amazing Skyrim song: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ong-Skyrim

Now I want to hear a Blind Guardian version.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:36 pm

skyward sword is rather good. twilight princess would have been great, but the sword controls were dodgy. skyward sword doesnt have this problem. and no shitty wolf. flying takes a bit to get used to, but i think im getting the hang of it. guess it doesnt help that i never play the wii

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 am

Any one here had a go at OnLive? For those who don't know, it's a streaming game service. I had a play earlier and it's not as bad as I thought it could be. Uses a shit-tonne of bandwidth and I can't get anywhere decent graphics on it, plus it is rather expensive so I won't be using it regularly, but it's an interesting proof that the idea can work, and is useful for playing demo's.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 am

thehairyone wrote:Any one here had a go at OnLive? For those who don't know, it's a streaming game service. I had a play earlier and it's not as bad as I thought it could be. Uses a shit-tonne of bandwidth and I can't get anywhere decent graphics on it, plus it is rather expensive so I won't be using it regularly, but it's an interesting proof that the idea can work, and is useful for playing demo's.

Seems to be similar to what I heard about it. Basically it's impressive that it can be done, but will take a while to be up to a good quality to do away with physical consoles

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:10 am

Aye, it will take some time - it's really dependent on your connection. Where it seems most useful is when I can get access to a good connection, but the internet connection isn't great - I'm looking at travelling with my netbook as one scenario.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:33 am

I don't trust it. It might have some uses with non-realtime games, but I can see it being the source of much raeg! when it comes to competitive multi-player games.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson