Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, I'll do that on the mission that doesn't have an LMG.. fuck's sake, mike.

In other news, I fixed the controller! With a hair pin! Call me McGyver, bitchcunts :D
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm

well im sorry craig, i havent played MW1 for ages. maybe you should just stop sucking! ;)

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 pm

YEAH WELL MAYBE I'LL DO JUST THAT.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

I use my companions to carry shit for me. Loot everything I can and make them carry as much as they can so I can carry as much as I can.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Just finished the ff XII-2 demo, battle system is near enough the same except the monster being in your party element, they have added QTE and instead of monsters being on screen all the time they randomly show up, I really dont like the crystarium system compared to the last, gonna have to take a bit of getting used to

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 pm

mikeftw wrote:Just finished the ff XII-2 demo, battle system is near enough the same except the monster being in your party element, they have added QTE and instead of monsters being on screen all the time they randomly show up, I really dont like the crystarium system compared to the last, gonna have to take a bit of getting used to

There's a XII-2? Or did you mean XIII-2?
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Looky wrote: did you mean XIII-2?

Yes, thats what I mean't :lol: , didnt see the typo

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah the battle system is essentially the same, but I like that they've added a bit of exploration, NPCs and sidequests into it. Quite looking forward to the full game, since I seem to be one of the few people on the planet who actually liked FFXIII.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Yeah the battle system is essentially the same, but I like that they've added a bit of exploration, NPCs and sidequests into it. Quite looking forward to the full game, since I seem to be one of the few people on the planet who actually liked FFXIII.

Yeah I forgot to mention about the NPC aspect, ye I do like that. I like FFXIII, I mean it has it faults, but I don't understand all the hate it gets

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:25 pm

not a massive fan of the battle system in FFXIII but im still enjoying it. lost odyssey has taken 99% of my focus and the other 1% is on getting the last achievement in skyrim. seeing as my main character glitched, i made a wood elf for the job.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

mikeftw wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Yeah the battle system is essentially the same, but I like that they've added a bit of exploration, NPCs and sidequests into it. Quite looking forward to the full game, since I seem to be one of the few people on the planet who actually liked FFXIII.

Yeah I forgot to mention about the NPC aspect, ye I do like that. I like FFXIII, I mean it has it faults, but I don't understand all the hate it gets

It's because it was one straight corridor after another*. FFX was a bit like that but at least it had towns you could wander around in (I still long for the PS1 style World Maps). The battle system was crap too, the levelling system was frustrating like I imagine those currencies are; where 1,000,000,000 of something is the equivalent of £0.10. The story wasn't up to par with other FF's, and finally no Nobuo.

It just felt like all the effort had been put into the graphics and that if you wanted to enjoy it you had to enjoy it on their terms.

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Would like to add to people saying Skyrim is the best game ever, because frankly, it is.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm

After sorting the fucking annoying Esbern glitch, I'm enjoying Skyrim again.

Moreso after I Fus Ro'd Lydia off the Throat of the World. I told her we should part ways and she was all like "I'll be at home if you need me"

BITCH, THIS RELATIONSHIP IS PURELY ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm

AssCredRev and Saint's Row 3 came from Lovefilm. Not touched SR yet but I do love me some Assassin's Creed. It's by far the best historical property mogul simulator there is. It's also the best mafia game around (in which you play a Don-type character; GTA doesn't count).

It'll get slated for being too easy but I like that. I like that the game makes it feel like you're actually controlling a demi-God warrior, because you are. It's what Prototype lacked massively.

If it had Arkham Asylum-esque stealth in it, it'd be unstoppable. I'm now going to dream how the two dev's joining forces to make the ultimate stealth-with-lots-of-combos-and-crowd-fights-historical-secret-brotherhood-with-a-clown game.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 pm

finally making some progress with the thieves guild. just got two main missions left, done the solitude and windhelm jobs, got the whiterun job and got two side jobs in markarth to do now.