Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

I am waiting for Uncharted 2 to come down to under £25 atm that's my next game on the agenda

Bayonetta just doesn't interest me sorry :yes:

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:42 pm

I've got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 :(

I told my mum that my Xbox was broken and she asked what was wrong with it. I said it's got the red ring of death and she replied "oh yeah I had that last night".

Seriously awkward silence man..
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:44 pm

isabiggles wrote:I've got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 :(

I told my mum that my Xbox was broken and she asked what was wrong with it. I said it's got the red ring of death and she replied "oh yeah I had that last night".

Back to microsoft then for that

that's why i have a PS3 . i have bought all 3 of Sony's machines and not 1 problem, but so many people have had thr red ring of death that i know, I just find it remarkable , but that's what you get when you go for the cheaper option :P

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 pm

isabiggles wrote:
markguy764 wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Is brutal legend worth getting, it's £20 new in Blockbuster ?

Yeah at that price decent soundtrack a pretty epic story (even though its a tad too short) but lots of side quests make it quite a laugh to play. Thats a yes btw :lol:

+1

I loved it even though it was incredibly short and repetitive.

I actually played through it again straight after finishing it the first time.

So it's short AND repetitive? Sounds cack. I hated the demo as well.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Bayonetta. Is. Fucking. Class.

At first I thought it was utter shite and it was soooo japanese that it was almost physicaly painful (slutty librarian in bondage gear wearing clothes made of her own hair kills angels... yup) but once I got past the intro (the game dosen't have a tutorial right at the start, so while its very pretty, the first ten minutes are basically a button basher), and was introduced to the controlls, it is an incredibly fluid game with a combo system the actually works.

I started to get a feel for the wackiness after a while, it eventually started to grow on me and gives the game a distincive feel. It acknowledges that it's a videogame too, so there's somewhat of a self-referential, tounge-in-cheek humour to it. I think it's that sort of game that tarantino would make if he ever did.

Perhaps THE greatest third person beat-em-up I've ever played. The platforming elements are breathtaking, it does in realtime what other games would only do with QTEs and the fighting really relies on player skill but at the same time is intuitive and easy to grasp.

Boss battles are the most epic things since Shadow of the Collosus, and the temperence boss is one of the highlights of the gaming year so far(edit: by which I include last year :eyes: ) (that one fight alone is better than most of AC2, and AC2 is class!).

Overall, fully recomended and completely outshines the rest of it's genre.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

that's why i have a PS3 . i have bought all 3 of Sony's machines and not 1 problem, but so many people have had thr red ring of death that i know, I just find it remarkable , but that's what you get when you go for the cheaper option :P

I`ve owned most consoles over the years and never had a problem with any of them ( touch wood! ). I`ve heard of people having faults with PS3`s as well to be honest, luck of the draw. Most of my favourite games ( Left4Dead 1 & 2, Halo and Gears of War ) are all Microsoft exclusives so I couldn`t live without a 360!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:34 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Bayonetta. Is. Fucking. Class.

At first I thought it was utter shite and it was soooo japanese that it was almost physicaly painful (slutty librarian in bondage gear wearing clothes made of her own hair kills angels... yup) but once I got past the intro (the game dosen't have a tutorial right at the start, so while its very pretty, the first ten minutes are basically a button basher), and was introduced to the controlls, it is an incredibly fluid game with a combo system the actually works.

I started to get a feel for the wackiness after a while, it eventually started to grow on me and gives the game a distincive feel. It acknowledges that it's a videogame too, so there's somewhat of a self-referential, tounge-in-cheek humour to it. I think it's that sort of game that tarantino would make if he ever did.

Perhaps THE greatest third person beat-em-up I've ever played. The platforming elements are breathtaking, it does in realtime what other games would only do with QTEs and the fighting really relies on player skill but at the same time is intuitive and easy to grasp.

Boss battles are the most epic things since Shadow of the Collosus, and the temperence boss is one of the highlights of the gaming year so far(edit: by which I include last year :eyes: ) (that one fight alone is better than most of AC2, and AC2 is class!).

Overall, fully recomended and completely outshines the rest of it's genre.

Hmm, I hated the demo because it was nothing but a button basher. If the game gets better after this I may look at it when it drops in price. I was far more impressed with the demo for Dante`s Inferno, if I do pay full price for a game any time soon it`ll be that.

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:35 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

First of all lol to the silence seems very awkward.
And glad to have a PS3 person around theres like 5 people i know who have one, bros got a 360 and had the ring of death twice first time we sent it back to microsoft and they either wiped the harddrive or just gave him a new machine lol so lost all his saves but kept all live stuff. second time a guy from work showed me how to fix it :yes:
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Soze wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

I`ve owned most consoles over the years and never had a problem with any of them ( touch wood! ). I`ve heard of people having faults with PS3`s as well to be honest, luck of the draw. Most of my favourite games ( Left4Dead 1 & 2, Halo and Gears of War ) are all Microsoft exclusives so I couldn`t live without a 360!

Or just get a decent PC ;)

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah, they say to send the harddrive in with the broken console but I said bollocks to that. Didn't seem to be any issue with it though, they fixed mine just the same.
Last edited by RedTeamWins on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Soze wrote:I`ve owned most consoles over the years and never had a problem with any of them ( touch wood! ). I`ve heard of people having faults with PS3`s as well to be honest, luck of the draw. Most of my favourite games ( Left4Dead 1 & 2, Halo and Gears of War ) are all Microsoft exclusives so I couldn`t live without a 360!

I got my PS3 when they were released over here came into money at the right time and its never faultered which ive been very fortunate with, and yeah you get a yellow light if the PS3 goes wrong lol, irritatingly i cant tell difference between the ypes of yellow nd green that the light goes :lol:
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:38 pm

I miss my gaming PC. It's still at home, but it's no use when I'm in Brighton and my Xbox has packed in :x

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm

markguy764 wrote:
Soze wrote:and yeah you get a yellow light if the PS3 goes wrong lol, irritatingly i cant tell difference between the ypes of yellow nd green that the light goes :lol:

I saw of flash of yellow when I turned mine off last night after a crash. Was a real 'Ohhh shiiitt' moment. Was nowt though :).
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Moonburp wrote:I miss my gaming PC. It's still at home, but it's no use when I'm in Brighton and my Xbox has packed in :x

PC spec Alex?

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

I had a Playstation and Playstation 2. They were both awesome but I didn't like the direction that Sony started to take. PS2 had some incredibly fun games but I think they went overboard in trying to be super nextgen, incredible graphics etc. so I went for an Xbox 360 instead. I don't regret it at all to be honest. The games are great and it's easy to use. There are about eight other people in my year at school who play it as well. We had a pretty cool team deathmatch on XBL until I started red ringing :(
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.