Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I completed the DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the hardest difficulty without using any praxis kits, weapons or explosives but didn't get the achievement for it :(. I think it could be because an enemy managed to throw a grenade at himself, either way it's lame though.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 am

kanet666 wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Gonna start too human on co-op soon, started it before but got stuck.

making some progress in gears of war on insane, into act 3 now. Managed the locust attack at the end of act 2 without dying somehow, fuck knows how when i cant get past the lambent wretches in act 3 :lol:

That reminds me. My old xbox died before I finished Insane difficulty. Must try again at some point. I was up to the part in Act 4 where you have to bust out of Marcus' dad's house (I think it was his house, it's ages since I've played it).

i know the bit you mean. the whole thing is pissing me off. i keep getting killed by wretches cause they come out of nowhere :x i have 2 and 3 to go after it as well, aiming to get them done in time to trade them in for darksiders 2.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
kanet666 wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Gonna start too human on co-op soon, started it before but got stuck.

making some progress in gears of war on insane, into act 3 now. Managed the locust attack at the end of act 2 without dying somehow, fuck knows how when i cant get past the lambent wretches in act 3 :lol:

That reminds me. My old xbox died before I finished Insane difficulty. Must try again at some point. I was up to the part in Act 4 where you have to bust out of Marcus' dad's house (I think it was his house, it's ages since I've played it).

i know the bit you mean. the whole thing is pissing me off. i keep getting killed by wretches cause they come out of nowhere :x i have 2 and 3 to go after it as well, aiming to get them done in time to trade them in for darksiders 2.

I finished 2, I've yet to even see gameplay from 3, let alone get it, any good?

Also, Razer have released 10 commandments of gaming:

:lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Its the same basic gameplay, but a bit more refined. More cut scenes, but quite a good campaign. Multiplayer is as crap as ever

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 am

minecraft is too addictive. i decided my house was too big to be one room, so i added more walls to make it into 4 sections, with a walled in ladder to take me to the roof, because its now got a second floor. the ladder is there also because i'll need access to the roof to make the third floor, when i can be bothered. i built it in an awkward place, there are high cliffs on two sides, so i spent a good bit of my evening making space on those 2 sides. i want to clear the cliffs anyway so i can see my house from far away, sinnce i have a habit of mining for hours and coming straight up to get out, then taking ages to find my house.

Idols
Warrior of Metal

Postby Idols » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:58 am

Playing Prototype 2 at the moment. Worth a rent or a £10-15 buy, it's holding my interest which is rare these days. Missions are short and sweet, even if they are slightly repetitive.

Can't wait to get my teeth into Dawn of War 2 when my PC is fixed this week.

MotherLicker
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby MotherLicker » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 am

Playing Call of Duty 2 on veteran difficulty. Man it's hard. I have done the first mission and half way through the second, but I keep dying :x :x :x I'm never going to finish it.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live - SnakeBiteKiss
My Last FM

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:56 am

MotherLicker wrote:Playing Call of Duty 2 on veteran difficulty. Man it's hard. I have done the first mission and half way through the second, but I keep dying :x :x :x I'm never going to finish it.

The earlier Call of Duty's are much more difficult than the later ones. It just takes a bit of patience and perseverance, there are much harder games on the market :)
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:39 pm

downloaded the trail version of the bellator game on XBLA. its pretty good, very different from the UFC games. i got knocked out with a brutal belly to belly suplex that landed me right on the top of my head :lol:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Been playing Bastion a lot lately since it came with the Humble Bundle. Really loving it so far. Think I'm pretty close to end game though. :(

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 am

I've been doing nothing but hammer Fallout New Vegas recently.

On my 3rd playthrough where I'm playing melee only. It's pretty fun, though it's getting harder to actually get close to the people and hack them up. Having to be a bit sly about it.

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 am

Recently playing Terraria, despite having bought it ages ago. It's really addictive. Often compared to Minecraft, I find myself playing it more since there's a bit more direction: you always have a clear goal in mind to advance. In Minecraft it's fairly easy to get the best gear, then there's just too many possibilities it can be hard to decide on one of them. I've been playing Terraria over 30 hours and I'm still not close to having the best items in the game, plus three more bosses to defeat.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Terraria is easily better than Minecraft... haven't played it ages though!

PoonLagoonGuy23
Consort of the Beast

Postby PoonLagoonGuy23 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 pm

kanet666 wrote:
MotherLicker wrote:Playing Call of Duty 2 on veteran difficulty. Man it's hard. I have done the first mission and half way through the second, but I keep dying :x :x :x I'm never going to finish it.

The earlier Call of Duty's are much more difficult than the later ones. It just takes a bit of patience and perseverance, there are much harder games on the market :)

Oh man I remember the D-Day mission on that game took me soooooooooooo long to do! The controller was thrown across the room many times... So much relief and a huge sense of achievement upon completion though so definitely stick it out! :yes:

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Cowbacca wrote:Recently playing Terraria, despite having bought it ages ago. It's really addictive. Often compared to Minecraft, I find myself playing it more since there's a bit more direction: you always have a clear goal in mind to advance. In Minecraft it's fairly easy to get the best gear, then there's just too many possibilities it can be hard to decide on one of them. I've been playing Terraria over 30 hours and I'm still not close to having the best items in the game, plus three more bosses to defeat.

I got Terraria in the Steam sale and it's rather good. Definitely better than Minecraft, although I get bored of Minecraft easily.

Been playing Torchlight recently though. I'm hooked! That and I finished the original Half-Life for the gazillionth time :D
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London