Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:So I bought Heavy Rain today. I hope you weren't lying to me thread, I expect this game to be pure GOLD. If it turns out to be The Sims 4 I won't be best pleased.

Also, someone put a little origami crane into the instruction manual which fell out when I opened the box. Made me smile.

Did you buy it 2nd hand? The crane comes with the game but unfolded, so it gives you something to do while the game installs. If only more game publishers thought of things like that.

Ah, that's pretty neat.

I've not decided if I like the game so far. For a lot of it (without giving away any spoilers) the 'choices' seem to be 'play well or bad things happen', which isn't really a choice tbh. And the on screen action prompts are really vague. Like, does a quater circle when sat in a car make him put on his seatbelt, get out of the car, or launch a hadouken through the windscreen? Often you just can't tell.

True, it's only really the last third of the game where choices really matter. Still, I fuckin' loved that game
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:So I bought Heavy Rain today. I hope you weren't lying to me thread, I expect this game to be pure GOLD. If it turns out to be The Sims 4 I won't be best pleased.

Also, someone put a little origami crane into the instruction manual which fell out when I opened the box. Made me smile.

Did you buy it 2nd hand? The crane comes with the game but unfolded, so it gives you something to do while the game installs. If only more game publishers thought of things like that.

if only there was a console that allowed you to play a game straight away. OH WAIT, THERE IS :D
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Wait, you need to install PS3 games?!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

It's something that everybody who had a PS3 (read: nobody) forgot to tell me, but apparantly so.

For MGS4 you need to install at the beginning of every chapter. Yeah :|

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:01 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

They didn't tell you, because they were looking for the elusive 4th customer.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 pm

nobody told you cause its a huge flaw in the ps3 that no other console has. also updates that take 10 seconds on 360 take ages as well :yes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 am

Finished Heavy Rain then.
As a game, mmmmmmmmmyeah, it's not really a game. If they greatly expanded on the super-sleuthing detective work it could have been a really good point and click adventure/puzzle type thing. But it's not and I'm not really sure what it is.

But overall I'm likely to play it again multiple times, so it can't be that bad.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am

Spent a fair chunk of the day playing Transformers war for Cybertron, its a good game but I think how much you will like it depends entirely on how much you like Transformers
By this axe I rule

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:20 am

With MGS4 you spend more time installing the game than you do playing it.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:47 am

i've created a monster in ufc undisputed 2010. he punches people and immediately there face is swollen and bleeding, he kicks people and they fall over straight away. he tackles people and the fights over cause they're instantly in a submission. he's the greatest. and the best thing is i made him for a laugh and called him Mohammed "The Beast" Washington and now nobody can beat me. im on a 20 something win streak, my record is 34-2-0-0. i've become a god

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

God Of War III is so far a fairly pleasant surprise. I say 'so far' because I thought I'd try the hardest difficulty and I suck. I'm nowhere :(

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Luke- wrote:With MGS4 you spend more time installing the game than you do playing it.

Spend more time installing AND watching cut scenes than playing it. Spent hours sitting through it, I think I was near the end...then the PS3 had the Red Screen and had to be replaced :( Lost all our Little Big Planet and MGS data :(

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Transformers WFC is a lot of fun online
By this axe I rule

MagaMaga
Warrior of Metal

Postby MagaMaga » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Massive fan of RTS games here, bought Starcraft 2 and its amazing!
havent played an RTS of recent that has made me not want to put it down, but this has me hooked.
Years of hollow lies, made Pagan hatred rise

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Bought a TNA wrestling game for £4. Two screens in and I already want my money back.