Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Mafia 3 PC port is lackluster. Good thing the game is so good.

I've also been playing a ton more Darkest Dungeon, that game is excellent.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Making good use of my shiny computer that can run games on max graphics by playing Final Fantasy 9.

Haven't touched it in years, and barely played it when I was young, but it's fucking quality so far. Oddly attached to the characters already.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:46 pm

The final piece in the Turbostation build has been ordered. I can't wait to install the 1070 on my motherboard and see what proper gaming is all about.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:32 pm

I can't justify buying one at the moment, but the girlfriend has a 1070, she says it's great. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Its my first graphics card on my first PC build! Its been an ambitious build but that's not to say the next one will be. In fact I highly doubt it will be. This time I have built something that's more than enough. Next time I want it to be just about enough.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:55 am

Well next time you probably won't need to get everything, it's the graphics card that is replaced the most regularly. But tbh, with a 1070, you'll be fine for some time and you can always just go SLI 1070s if you need an upgrade. :lol:

Gonna be getting a 1070 myself when I upgrade, but I'm waiting for AMD to release the Zen CPU.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeah and buy the time I need to sli the 1070 will be cheap as chips.

In theory.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Totataly did not just pre-order Mass Effect: Andromeda. Not at all in the slightest.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Picked up Divinity Original Sin Enchanced Edition on sale for the PS4 - Ho momma that game is brutal.

That said while trying to teach my main character healing spells I somehow made him a complete grenadier. It's awesome.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:56 pm

Playing World of Warcraft for the first time ever yesterday. I don't hate it either. Looks like something I might actually buy. I am a bit annoyed about subscription though. Don't mind subscription when the game is free, but its not.

Aside from that, I am also playing Witcher 1 remastered. Obviously go onto 2 and 3 in due course, got them all for £18 a week or so ago. AND I derailed a TGV pulling into Newport Station at 180mph on train simulator so yeah, quite a busy little bastard.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:10 am

Legion is the most fun I've had in WoW for a long time, end game content is fairly huge as opposed to "Just do dungeons now scrub" - The order halls are quite cool although you being the champion of your order is diminished slighty by 50 other people with the same title.

That said as an Outlaw rogue the grappling hook is some of the most fun you can have. You're like batman.

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:47 am

I have killed my cat and ability to warp anywhere within the first 2 hours of game play but otherwise having a fun time.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am

The Last Guardian finally arrives! Who's getting it?

If you are, remind me to ask you in a month's time for your opinions.

I'm a Shadow of the Colossus fanboi and Ico is quite lovely. If the reviews are good after the honeymoon period, it may be thw game to make me buy a console for the first time since the PS2 was released.

Also, would anyone like a link to PS1 game Rollcage for PC? One of the dev team dug out half of the source code and updated the graphics, and implemented a fully working (mostly) online multiplayer, where there's a bunch of us who race every Saturday night. The old music isn't on there; that's changed, but that doesn't matter really, does it?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Rollcage?! I'm in!

Have you seen the spiritual successor GRIP?

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 am

Got about an hour into Final Fantasy XV last night. First Final Fantasy I've played since 12 and I'm enjoying it muchly! Looks like it has the potential to get mental!