Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Danroush
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm

gavdann wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Bioshock "remaster"... lol. But hey, it's Bioshock again!

Also been playing the open beta of Paladins. It's basically Overwatch, but with some MOBA-ish vibes with items and upgrades. It also works a bit differently where any team can push the payload, there doesn't seem to be set offense and defense teams.

Bioshock 1 & 2 were sooooooooo good. I've still yet to play Infinite though.

I've been playing nothing but Dark Souls again for about the past 4 weeks. I'm so dull but I can't help myself. I must have completed around 20 play throughs now. I think I'll attempt a SL1 play through next.

Eventually I'll buy a PS4 so that I can play the new one and Bloodborne.

Play Bioschock Infinite, it's much better than 2, and roughly as good as the first Bioshock. You can't stack up on health kits or save at will like in the first, but it works really well in terms of immersion, and the story is great too. Also the skyhooks/rails are great fun
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 am

So, I got an xbox noscope for xmas.

A) Do the controllers really not have pressure sensitive pads? Adjusting to Forza Motorsport 2's controls is a bit of a shock being used to Gran Turismo on PS2...
B) I probably ought to populate my games collection. Same applies to this than my post above. Any ideas?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am

Final Fantasy XV is a bit alright then. I can see why people have been griping about it (A lot of the side quests are simple go there, kill that/find that) and travel can be a bit of a pain. But so far it's beautiful world, combat is fun and fluid although I have found myself shouting "Stop dying Prompto!" a lot. Ignis isn't much better, the steak baking fuck that he is.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Bisset wrote:Final Fantasy XV is a bit alright then. I can see why people have been griping about it (A lot of the side quests are simple go there, kill that/find that) and travel can be a bit of a pain. But so far it's beautiful world, combat is fun and fluid although I have found myself shouting "Stop dying Prompto!" a lot. Ignis isn't much better, the steak baking fuck that he is.

FFXV is on my to play list but before that I'm going to play Dark Souls 3.

Completed my crushing play through of Uncharted 4 at the weekend, polished off the multi player trophies and popped the platinum last night. Happy days.

Installed and started playing Arkham Knight. First impression... more of the same stealthy, beat 'em up goodness. Very happy that Scarecrow is a central figure in the story line (at least he is so far).

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:08 am

Ranked as the 38th best druid on my realm. Best geared in guild, and top healer out of 5 on the team. It feels nice to be good at something.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:18 am

In terms of FFXV I expect it to be years by the time I get around to it, just play fifa and gears of war online so I can listen to music most of the time. Playing the latest tomb raider on and off and love that. Still got COD:IW that came with the Xbox, and 3 assassin creeds, a batman, forza and halo game I've acquired.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:12 pm

FFXV was really good up until around chapter 10 or 11 and then it kinda stopped being an RPG and became much more linear! Was far too easy though and that's probably my biggest gripe.

Anyway just picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn :) At first i didn't like the look of it but the more i saw the better it looked so pre-ordered it, Will start it later :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 am

I've finally legitimately ragequit a game.

I've only ever played one game where I've said "I never, under any circumstances, want to play that ever again" - Play It! Chess Challenger on PS2, but that's because it's just a chess game on a PS2, which criminally underused the power of the console and it was awful to play.

Zone of the Enders 2 HD on xbox 360 has joined this exclusive club. I found the controls for both ZOE games extremely difficult to work with, but the train mission in 2 is pretty much impossible and I can't find a way to use the controls in a way that makes it manageable. After a good day or so of repeated attempts as well as looking up youtube and faq guides, with my hands starting to ache, I gave up and hold absolutely no desire to go back and spend any more time trying to smash a brick wall with a teaspoon. Completely unrewarding experience. I know many people love the series and the game and I've tried my hardest since it's a Kojima series, but the first one's story left my cold, and the sequel was only doing a little better. The actual gameplay could have been so much better too.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Anyone picked up anything good in the Steam sales?

I've not been buying much, since I have no time to play these days, and my backlog is already stupidly long. I did get an interesting game where you play as a blind person -- Dark Passenger. There are no graphics, and you have to navigate by sound alone. It's an interesting idea, and it was only £0.39. I got pretty far before getting stuck in some underground cavern where I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.

Other than that, I got Ballistic Overkill and Rise to Ruins. The former is a pretty standard TF2-style FPS, and I've not played the latter yet.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 am

Tempted by Domina (basically Spartacus, the game), but I have way too much to play as it is so I haven't really been tempted by much.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:55 am

Anyone played any good video games recently?

It's been mainly Red Dead 2 for me recently (story mode) but I completed a grounded play-through of The Last of Us a few weeks ago in preparation for Part 2. It reminded me again just how much I love playing Naughty Dog games. I know the XBox versus PS debate is boring as fuck but I'm so glad we get to play Naughty Dog games. :luv:

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Loving RDR2 at the moment, taking a lot longer to get through it than most people i know as im trying to do EVERYTHING in one playthrough. The online aspect seems very poor at the moment, but ive not explored it too much tbf.

Other than that, a lot of time on Gran Turismo Sport, and building houses on Sims 4.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Urinal2001 wrote:taking a lot longer to get through it than most people i know as im trying to do EVERYTHING in one playthrough.

Yeah same. I'm a bit of completist when it comes to games. I've already spent HOURS hunting for perfect skins. :lol:

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm

I actually invested in a ps4 a couple of days ago! The bundle came with Red Dead 2 and I also picked up GTA 5. I'm playing through GTA story mode at the moment, and playing online sometimes too with a free 14 day trial. I'm already amazed with how much better the graphics are compared to the PS3 and the gameplay is so much smoother. Looking forward to starting Red Dead at some point!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Just got Civ VI Gold Edition in the steam sale for £30 (instead of £110).

Other than that, I've been playing Two Point Hospital, Surviving Mars, Oxygen Not Included, and Graveyard Keeper natively on Linux, and I've been replaying Fallout: New Vegas through Steamplay/Proton.

Also playing Fallout 4 on PS4.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson