Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Bisset wrote:I'm thinking of jumping into Minecraft (coupled with Warcraft I'll never leave the house again).

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the survival mode etc with co-op, like if I had a group of friends who wanted to basically wanted to play in the same world as me? I'm not too sure without setting up a private server and even then I'm not sure

Pretty sure there'd have to be some sort of server thing going on, unless Minecraft has changed a lot since I last played.

On another topic, Steam has a little mini sale on, so I got Hell Yeah! and Sine Mora for about £5. Steam is going to bankrupt me one of these days, I can just see it happening now.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Bisset wrote:I'm actually slightly in love with Game Grumps - their Sonic 06 stuff is some of their best

This

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Bisset wrote:I'm thinking of jumping into Minecraft (coupled with Warcraft I'll never leave the house again).

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the survival mode etc with co-op, like if I had a group of friends who wanted to basically wanted to play in the same world as me? I'm not too sure without setting up a private server and even then I'm not sure

Possible on the xbox version. Not entirely sure what the limit of people is, so don't be disappointed if its 4. You can also split screen two player.

I finished Black Ops 2 on vet yesterday, what a truly sensational ending! SPOILER: Sure its tollerating Avenged Sevenfold, but when Mason looks at Reznov in the crowd then two seconds later Reznov has fucked off and Masons looking around for him. Made me laugh. :lol:

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Dark Souls II. Fuck yes.

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Currently playing Don't Starve. Dammed addictive, but I hate having to start over when I die.

Also, got added to the Linux Steam beta, so I'm on TF2 a lot too.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 pm

got sid meiers pirates on xbl, which is as fun as it always was, also bought beyond good and evil on xbla cause i hear good things about it all the time, not started it yet though

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Anyone play Guild Wars 2 in the end?

Thinking of getting it.

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 am

Planetside 2 is incredibly addictive, for the record. Been running with my merry band of retards doing stupid things and basically being a thorn in the side of everyone.

If you're ever on Woodman and you see a band of morons with the outfit tag "OGOD"? Run. It's safer that way.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Looks like Valve are actually going to do it: They've got their own "living room PC" in development. When it will actually come out, who knows!

Source: http://kotaku.com/5966860

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

thehairyone wrote:Looks like Valve are actually going to do it

You raised my hopes and dashed them cruelly. Bravo sir, bravo
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Beyond Good and Evil is a unstated Classic. It really was so unappreciated back when it was going ( game cube days). Such a joy to play. Also Guild ways 2 is amazing!

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Bisset wrote:
thehairyone wrote:Looks like Valve are actually going to do it

You raised my hopes and dashed them cruelly. Bravo sir, bravo

Yeah I was thinking Half Life 3
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

VizardAmata wrote:

Pretty sure there'd have to be some sort of server thing going on, unless Minecraft has changed a lot since I last played.

On another topic, Steam has a little mini sale on, so I got Hell Yeah! and Sine Mora for about £5. Steam is going to bankrupt me one of these days, I can just see it happening now.

Easy enough to set up really:

On PC you need to download the Server files from the website and create a world, then you need to faff around with some ram fix because the server files don't allocate enough ram to run the server properly. You'll need a netwowrking program such as Hamachi to connect to your friends, there are tutorials for both of these things on youtube. Maybe one of your mates could set the server up if you're confused. Also it requires a semi decent computer to run the world, networking and your own game all at once.

On xbox there is a 16 player limit I think.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

skull-wart wrote:You'll need a netwowrking program such as Hamachi to connect to your friends

Nah you don't. You just need to set up port forwarding if you're behind a router. These VPN applications just confuse matters.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Port forwarding confuses me Haha, I find it easier to use Hamachi as it just gives you all the information at hand. Just create a network, tell your friends it's name and the password, then use that ip address that it says on top :)
Plus I think that would be easier to explain to your friends etc.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing