Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Played evolve over the weekend since it was free on Xbox one, it is pretty good. We were playing private games for a while with 3 of us as hunters with an AI hunter and one as the monster, and it was a good laugh. We lost a player so went into matchmaking for the extraction campaign and picked up another player to help us take months AI monster, and we lost 4 out of 5 matches :lol: its now £17 but its only worth buying if you have a group, and I don't think I'll get 3 other people to buy it so I probably won't bother.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:35 pm

I've come to realize how big Metal Gear Solid V is! Played for about 25 hours and i'm only 6% through the game :o

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Sims 3 soap opera continues, the male sim now an OAP tried to give the next door neighbour one and subsequently she's moved in with a friend. Wife won't talk to him despite sharing the same house and bed. Adopted a child which is something the house didn't really need and is ill equipped for but now there are two constantly laughing small idiots knocking around. So there is now six of them people knocking around in a small sized detached. Trying to force the toddlers into working because there is this new extension I have in mind, which they won't benefit from. Looking to put a pin ball machine in there. Perhaps a bar.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Well, now I've completed DSII (still got the DLC to do though) my conclusion is that it is a bit easier, mainly because most enemies seem to be guys in armour, and as such are generally easier to predict. Still a cracking game though.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Got Destiny The Taken King for my birthday! I can't wait to have a go!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:20 pm

I was tempted to pick up Destiny again, do I need to buy all the DLC before buying the Taken King?
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 pm

You can get the legendary edition which is the game and all expansions for under £50. Or the taken king for £40... No brainer I'd say if you're going for it. Not sure on prices elsewhere but its £47.99 in sainsburys. But to actually answer your question I'm not entirely sure but I'd recommend playing the expansions as it follows on after house of wolves.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Bought Mad Max yesterday, while forgetting that Pro Evo was coming today. Also still got World of Warcraft on the go, and playing Heroes of the Storm with people who are bored with League.

Too many games. Life sure is tough

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Bisset wrote:I was tempted to pick up Destiny again, do I need to buy all the DLC before buying the Taken King?

My mate just reported that the patch for Destiny is something lul like 16GB. How fucking broken was it?? On a scale of 1 - AC Unity?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Nah it was fine bug wise, but the update is literally "Hey, here's the expansion" which is basically an entire extra game.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:13 am

Yeah the actual expansion when you buy it is like 10mb cause its all in the update, its just the easiest way to keep everything available for everyone whether they buy it or not.
Took 7 hours for the first team to beat the new raid, compared to six for the crotas end raid and a hell of a lot longer for the vault of glass. Warlocks got the most kills which is funny for me cause my main is a warlock and my brother is a titan, which got half the kills of the warlock. and he always goes on about "titan master race" :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:58 pm

I never even knew that Minecrafts tutorial level had been revamped so all the achievements I thought I would never get I have more or less got in 2-3 hours. Few that aren't as straight forward, like I would want to go into the End and kill the dragon with a posy of nutters armed with diamond swords and strength potions rather than do it alone. Biomes one seems to take the piss. I have forgotten which I have done and which I haven't so that will be a random unlock most likely.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Minecraft has a tutorial level? Is punching trees really that difficult?
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Its more to do with there appears to be a hell of a load more resources than normal. I started a survival map a few months ago and wherever I was digging there appeared to be very little of anything. Ill probably end up either knocking down or adding to what is already on this map. Again doing it via survival. This is one of those games for my PC, because I do feel there aren't that many people prepared to jump into the game and help on 360. I think I get it subsidised for xbone, and I have already bought it for PC.

Things like enchantment potions and that do require a tutorial but as far as making stuff, nah, its a simple game. Total time sink. Call it what you will.

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Damnit. Zangief confirmed for Street Fighter 5. That's another returning character slot taken that isn't Juri. Bastards.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"