Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby kanet666 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:39 am

Aye, first thing I did whn checking my recording last night was cringe horribly, and then my girlfriend came through (she'd been in the game), heard her voice and did the same :lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Might do a world of tanks stream. Then you can all see how magic I am with the VK. 36.01. Soon as I have enough xp to upgrade it, fucking Tiger m8. No messin.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:02 pm

So Fallout 4 has been out for what, 10 days, and already the settlements people are making are getting pretty elaborate.

Watch the video with sound, it's really the icing on the cake :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSw6iDSujg
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:26 pm

That is amazing. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Been playing The Walking Dead game. Its not that bad. Bit easy but its entertained me for a while. Turns out I have the complete season. I thought I only had the first two episodes. Not a priority but I might get season 2 for the right price.

Starting Black Flag next I think...I know I have already completed it but not on next gen. :D I also just bought Goat Simulator because...well...not sure.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Girlfriend bought Xbone. Now to teach her how to actually play games :D

Also gonna buy Halo Master Chief Collection tonight. Hundreds of hours of online play and thousands of gamerscore coming my way :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 am

Turbo wrote:Been playing The Walking Dead game. Its not that bad. Bit easy but its entertained me for a while. Turns out I have the complete season. I thought I only had the first two episodes. Not a priority but I might get season 2 for the right price.

Starting Black Flag next I think...I know I have already completed it but not on next gen. :D I also just bought Goat Simulator because...well...not sure.

The Walking Dead games are brilliant! Probably my fav Telltale game. The story is very well done and season 2 gets even better.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:49 am

Played around 20 hours of Fallout 4 but still not that impressed with it! The storyline is pretty good but the companion system is terrible and have zero intention of doing any building of settlements because it's a really terrible idea for a post apocalyptic game. Walking around the map is also really boring and the graphics are just terrible! Feels like i'm playing a PS2 game :lol: Given up with it now and gonna sell it to my mate for £30.

Picked up Tomb Raider last week but haven't really started it yet but the graphics are amazing and there's supposed to actually be a mix of puzzles as well as action this time! Unlike the last Tomb Raider which was just action the whole way through like the Uncharted series which is just boring.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Mates popping around to 'show his new car off.' What he doesn't realise is when he gives me that copy of AC Unity to borrow ill be closing the door in his face and allowing the killing to begin.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 pm

kanet666 wrote:Aye, first thing I did whn checking my recording last night was cringe horribly, and then my girlfriend came through (she'd been in the game), heard her voice and did the same :lol:

Four years into doing Youtube stuff... still hate the sound of my own voice on a recording. :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:12 am

Razer Blackwidow Chroma for a shade over a tonne and no special deals on other PC components.

Done. :yes:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:15 am

Noice. What kinda components you picking up?

On that note, Amazon just gave me 15 quid back cos I picked up a Razer Naga like 10 minutes before it went on black friday sale. I love Amazon.

And all my computer parts are coming tomorrow. Only thing that remains from the old build will be harddrive and graphics card. You'll be missed little buddy, but your shit tier CPU are throttling me to fuck. i7 here we goooooooo

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:14 am

I was looking at the Asus motherboard ram and i7 bundle but really wanted it a bit cheaper. Need to buy a power supply but a mate threw a spanner in the works with the one from Corsair so I need to relook.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:15 am

I've never had much luck with Razer mice -- the wheel either stops scrolling properly, or one of the buttons stops working, usually just after the warranty runs out.

I've had a Roccat Kone XTD for almost a year now, to go with my Ryos MK Glow keyboard. Very happy with it, particularly since Roccat provide a configuration tool for Linux. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:23 am

Turbo wrote:I was looking at the Asus motherboard ram and i7 bundle but really wanted it a bit cheaper. Need to buy a power supply but a mate threw a spanner in the works with the one from Corsair so I need to relook.

That's fair. Tbh, dipping down to i5 will still sort you for a good few games for a while, I'm just going to i7 to avoid having to upgrade for a bit. And occulus rift.

On the mouse thing, Razers been alright for me. It's been knocked around a bunch over the past 2 and a half years and I'm only replacing it now cos the scroll wheel stops clicking in every now and then and it's a mild annoyance.