Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:33 am

In terms of best games for last gen consoles a lot of what's already been said, but as much as I love gta v, I love gta 4 so much more (still not a patch on vice city though). Batman arkham asylum/city are also great games who managed to get the combat system right straight away.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:58 pm

I enjoyed both the Batman Arkham games too but got sooooooooo frustrated trying to complete the combat challenges that I threw them away never to be played again! :-D

I also forgot to mention Dragon Age Origins. Another RPG classic from that gen.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Batman games are great but I didn't bother with the collectable stuff. Generally I do, but sitting there with a youtube guide collecting 300 of the sodding things. No thanks.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Turbo wrote:Batman games are great but I didn't bother with the collectable stuff. Generally I do, but sitting there with a youtube guide collecting 300 of the sodding things. No thanks.

I think I did the Arkham Asylum ones, the ones in City and Origins I couldn't be arsed with. It says how tedious it is to do them when I've collected everything in Assassins Creed I, II, III and Black Flag. Although I'm still pissed off that I have 100% completion on Black Flag but the bastard achievement won't pop :x
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 pm

I think im more or less finished with AC3. Didn't like it. Not collecting anything. Tells me alot that I enjoyed the Liberation dlc over all of Connors storyline. Oh and charm school ended up in that dlc in one of the missions. Hate him.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:28 am

I'm on PS4 and Xbox One if you wanna add me

Xbox One - EdgeCrusher1586
PS4 - CyberwasteStefUK

Obviously i'm a fan of Fear Factory if you hadn't guessed

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:21 am

Telltale's Game of Thrones game - I just got one my characters brutally murdered.

I don't know why I'm even surprised...
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 am

Turbo wrote:I think Applecore is also ps. I do a bit of online gaming with mates and they're all xbox users so im not likely to be converted any time soon.

Indeed I am, though I never play online and rarely get new games. The most recent game I own at the moment is GTA5, and the last "new" game I bought was probably Wolfenstein (though that was traded in after I completed it).

Also I picked up another copy of Skyrim today, though as soon as I loaded it up I slowly realised that I left myself in (another) fucked situation last time and have now started up my third single-player campaign, and I don't know that I can be arsed to be honest, so that may actually go back in the next couple of days.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 pm

I plowed something like 200 hours in to my toon, had him kitted out in the full deadric armour, pimped to the max daedric bow and I was one shotting dragons out of the sky master difficulty.

It just got to the point where there was zero challenge and the only fun was discovering new locations and new dungeons. I'd completed every questline there was to do.

I'd stopped playing the game before the DLC was finally released for PS3 and by that point I'd moved on and was playing something else. Dark Souls probably.

I considered playing again from scratch but without the surprise element of stumbling in to the unexpected, I can't be bothered to invest that amount of time again.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:06 pm

I have a character I've done tonnes with but I've made him an utter bastard weasel. If it's not nailed down he'll take it. So to see other sides of things (I'm going to make him a vampire) I decided to load up my 'good' character.

Fuck me I have no idea what I was in the middle of doing but it's a clusterfuck of not knowing what to do now.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:32 pm

I've said it before, but there few things more confusing than loading up an old skyrim save.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Why is Final Fantasy XIV so fucking confusing? I literally haven't got the slightest clue where the conjurers guild is. And the map is ridiculously confusing so it is little help at all. I find myself going round and round in circles around Gridania.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Finally got the last paint colour I needed in GTA online, lime green which is unlocked through stunt jumps. I had been 1 away for a long while now.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I hate the stunt jumps. I actually did them all once for 100%ing GTA4. Never again. Oh and those fucking pigeons. I said id rocket launcher the last one when I found it. 2 YEARS WENT BUY/BY/GOODBYE and I stood true to my word. I actually needed a rocket launcher to get the little shit.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

Jobdone wrote:I've said it before, but there few things more confusing than loading up an old skyrim save.

I had to restart Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas when I finally stumbled back onto them. In fact, I just left it 3 months between games on New Vegas but fortunately I wasn't halfway through a mission like usual so I was able to just pick up where I left off relatively easy.
I did just wipe out the population of the NCR Correctional Facility and got a "Mission Failed" message, though. Fuck knows what that was :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock