Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Final fantasy 10 remaster, was my favourite game as a teen.

I forgot how time consuming trying to get your stats up to the point where you can beat the hardest superbosses is. About 65 hours in and still grinding away at that.

I've done thirty seasons in football manager 2019 in two different playthroughs already. It seems much easier than the last few I've played, though I've yet to try it with a non-prem team.

I got to chapter five on RDR2 and stopped playing. Since my last seizure it really does my head in after about 20 minutes and I have to stop. The above two are pretty slow games where nothing moves very quickly, and where no intense concentration is needed so have been getting away with them fine.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:18 pm

By hardest bosses, do you mean the Dark Aeons and the beast tamer guy at the Calm Lands, or do you mean Penance?

If you didn't know about Penance, oh boy you are in for a treat. :P
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 pm

I've done dark valefor, shiva, ifrit and ixion, so got the rest to go.

As a kid I just did those then basically tried to do Zanmato on the rest inc. penance. I wanna do it legit this time, but getting luck and fortune spheres is so time consuming.

I also missed tidus' crest/sigil thing after the yunalesca fight, so need to beat dark bahamut to get it, and can't stand blitzball anymore (liked it as a kid) so using rikku, auron and yuna, and don't even have attack reels/slice and dice/blitz ace in my arsenal. I got the ultimate weapons and 255 strength, defence, magic defence, agility, accuracy and evasion for each. Luck about 60 each so far.
Auron - autohaste, auto phoenix, auto-protect, ribbon
rikku - Break HP limit, auto haste, auto protect, stoneproof
yuna - auto haste, auto protect, auto phoenix, stoneproof.

Monster hunting is a slog, so not got ten of everyone yet, but do want to see what nemesis is like to face, so once penance is out of the way I guess i'll do that.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:39 pm

I loved FF10 as a kid as well and obviously farmed sphere levels a lot more then because this time I spent about 3 days trying to beat Mountain-Zombie-GoFuckYourself-Seymour because I didn't have any of the zombie resist gear from the dude half way up the mountain.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 am

I wasted several hundreds of hours on that game. Speedruns are really interesting to watch too if you have half a day.

Currently playing the shit out of Osu Mania. Might see if I can get Etterna working too.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 am

Bought a switch. Dear God Breath of the Wild is beautiful...and unforgiving.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am

Noodle wrote:I wasted several hundreds of hours on that game. Speedruns are really interesting to watch too if you have half a day.

Currently playing the shit out of Osu Mania. Might see if I can get Etterna working too.

Back in the day as a kid I didn't know lots of the tricks to get sphere levels quickly, or much of the bribe system so think I spent 180 hours in one playthrough, and even then I didn't beat most of the dark aeons or penance legitimately, I just spent 10s of millions for Yojimbo to use zanmato.

Took me 82 hours this time around to beat all the dark aeons, penance, all the monster arena creations and nemesis (no zanmato). Even with nearly everything maxed Nemesis was insane, killed me 5 times. Finished the main story this morning. Love it. Can't be bothered to do some of the other sidequests though: chocobo racer, lightning dodge (my tv cuts in and out intermittently if these weren't hard enough), unlocking all the blitzball stuff etc. Will give the sequel a bit of a go after work. Liked it as a kid as when you get past the ridiculousness of it all there's a lot of fun to be had there.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Oh god, fuck the lightning dodge challenge. :<

FFX-2 is alright. It's not as bad as people made it out to be when it first came out. It is ridiculously fan-servicey, and a lot of the dialog is cringeworthy, but it had an interesting story if you were bothered enough to dig up all the side quests, and the dress-sphere combat system was pretty interesting.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:20 pm

I tried to 100% it and yeah, the sidequests are what made it interesting, and remember the combat being good too. Only ever played it the once like a decade a go so will be good to play again anyway.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:02 pm

I actually quite enjoyed Lightning Dodge...

FF 10-2 is alright if you completely ignore the story. The combat system is the bright rose growing from a pot of manure, vomit and mucous that is the fan service and horrid mini-games.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Like I say was just a kid when I played it first time, who knows if I'll like it now. I loved blitzball back then, and couldn't stand it now, so not holding out a lot of hope.

Anyway, on football manager '19 I started a game with Slough. Thought it might be a different prospect to managing a prem team where you actually have a budget. Signed two players on a free my scouts recommended and have won 11/13 games - way too easy compared to past games.