Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby aaron_stacey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

it is an expensive console lol
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah but I could try and justify it as a bluray player as well. Not that I'm that bothered about Bluray, but still.
I still need to get another xbox first though. I'm nicking my brothers untill my birthday comes round and I can get an Elite.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Bisset wrote:
Luke- wrote:I play Cod for the story...

Fuck multiplayer, its fun for 20 minutes, then its 'Oh, I've killed you before' or 'Oh, you've killed me again'. The only game thats good online is Fifa, and thats only really cause I'm good at it :P.

I play CoD for the story as well. I didn't start playing mutiplayer as soon as it came out so now I'm fucked anyway

I'm not going to use the word for it, but that's pretty badly based assumptions there

to Luke: people play multiplayer:
to be social with mates
to be competitive againt real people
to compete and better themself at the game, inrease K/D win/loss, accuracy etc (K/D etc applies to against others too)
for the gametypes
the more you play the more you unlock, on COD anyway
to reach high ranks and enjoy them

Bisset: complete BS, after about 1hour of play you can easily unlock enough decent stuff to easily get by, then soon after a little better stuff later on, such as on COD 4 and MW2 there's the M4 carbine, easily one of the better weapons
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm

But it's still CoD, and so all that is irrelevant when you realise you could be playing something else.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

I'll give you that playing CoD with mates is fun. But most the people I know have an Xbox so I can only play with people from forums, and they take it waaaaay to seriously.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Luke- wrote:I'll give you that playing CoD with mates is fun. But most the people I know have an Xbox so I can only play with people from forums, and they take it waaaaay to seriously.

you play, you get better, then you chill more because it becomes easier as you start to beat people
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:48 pm

I just got Uncharted 2 for £16 in game , it was half price because it had no box, and I had £5 on my card , bargain, so I am hoping I can find Heavy Rain in a similar condition, i will not pay more than £25 for any game any more

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:01 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I just got Uncharted 2 for £16 in game , it was half price because it had no box, and I had £5 on my card , bargain, so I am hoping I can find Heavy Rain in a similar condition, i will not pay more than £25 for any game any more

Thats a pretty sweet bargain.
Shame Uncharted/2 is shit :P.

I signed up to lovefilm so I can rent games long enough to complete them, 4 a month for a tenner, ain't bad :).

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 am

Luke- wrote:
Thats a pretty sweet bargain.
Shame Uncharted/2 is shit :P.

Seriously ?

becuase the first game was fantastic :?

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 am

All I know is that it got a shed load of awards, but never played it myself. Can't be all that bad.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 am

The first was terrible. The second was a lot better but still generic and overrated to fuck.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 am

Luke- wrote:The first was terrible. The second was a lot better but still generic and overrated to fuck.

Hell i was addicted to the first one , couldn't put it down :lol:

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Ah, a great way of making money on EVE. Be a bastard, Get a massive bounty put on you then get a corpmate to kill you and split it. :D

It's like insurance fraud, but even funnier, as you know the reason people put the bounty on you in the first place was because you pissed them off.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

WoRLoKKeD wrote:Ah, a great way of making money on EVE. Be a bastard, Get a massive bounty put on you then get a corpmate to kill you and split it. :D

It's like insurance fraud, but even funnier, as you know the reason people put the bounty on you in the first place was because you pissed them off.

Speaking of EVE, I'm not sure if I've posted this before or not but has anyone heard much more about DUST 514? For those who don't know, it's an FPS/MMO based in the same universe, with EVE players calling the shots out to people on the ground playing DUST 514 acting as mercs. Apparently it's going to influence both games, but having not played EVE I don't know how it'll work.

http://www.dust514.org/

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 pm

^Read a feature on it in EDGE a few months back. I'm not sure how it will work either, but there's supposed to be big interaction between the two games.