Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Danroush wrote:Bisset: complete BS, after about 1hour of play you can easily unlock enough decent stuff to easily get by, then soon after a little better stuff later on, such as on COD 4 and MW2 there's the M4 carbine, easily one of the better weapons

True that, I did get a few levels up but I just couldn't enjoy it. I'll try again and see if I like it any better
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Dansiferum
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Dansiferum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Been constantly trying to get Realism Expert on Left 4 dead 2.... Finally did it earlier today.... It's a bloody bastard.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Wasn't Killer7 a rail-shooter? I never got it, mainly because of that.

killer 7 is kind of a rail shooter but it is defiantly one of the best games ever made, i recommend it wholeheartedly and repeatedly to anyone who hasnt played it
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmmmmm.
I'll pick it up if I ever see it going at a decent price anywhere.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:42 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Hmmmmm.
I'll pick it up if I ever see it going at a decent price anywhere.

is £5 on amazon for the ps2 version, the gamecube version has better controls and loading times but is more expensive
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I was thinking GC. Don't even know where my PS2 is tbh, which sucks because I was wanting to get MGS3 again.

HouShian
Consort of the Beast

Postby HouShian » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 pm

been playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 recently..... brilliant game... no matter what any one says!

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:I was thinking GC. Don't even know where my PS2 is tbh, which sucks because I was wanting to get MGS3 again.

then i wish you the best of luck finding it cheap but if you do it's well worth it, one of the best and most interesting games ever made
By this axe I rule

Fliff
Warrior of Metal

Postby Fliff » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Just picked up the new splinter cell, enjoying it so far. The first splinter cell i have played since the PS1.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:I was thinking GC. Don't even know where my PS2 is tbh, which sucks because I was wanting to get MGS3 again.

then i wish you the best of luck finding it cheap but if you do it's well worth it, one of the best and most interesting games ever made

Haha it's also one of the strangest games I have ever played, but it is awesome! :D

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:

Haha it's also one of the strangest games I have ever played, but it is awesome! :D

true, i never saw the plot twist at the end (or most of the last chapter) coming
By this axe I rule

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Bisset wrote:
Danroush wrote:Bisset: complete BS, after about 1hour of play you can easily unlock enough decent stuff to easily get by, then soon after a little better stuff later on, such as on COD 4 and MW2 there's the M4 carbine, easily one of the better weapons

True that, I did get a few levels up but I just couldn't enjoy it. I'll try again and see if I like it any better

My point was you aren't buggered for not starting from november,

BUT.
I personally MUCH prefer CoD 4 myself, the spawning is the best out of all of the last 3 CoD games on CoD 4, far better than MW2 which has utterly terrible spawning, which is worsened by drenching it in too many killstreak rewards. Also MW2 has crap maps in comparison, (so bad they even had to bring 2 maps from CoD 4 in!) and perks like commando which promotes and helps campers, which pisses me off

so yeah I don't like it, I was just opposing your false claim
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm

MGS3 was a bloody lovely experience, I have rarely felt as proud as when I shot The End during a cutscene type thing because I thought I could outsmart the game... Obviously they put it in purposely, but it made me so happy not having to fight him later, I hear he was insanely hard.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Got bored with WoW again, and a friend is attempting to get me in to Aion... anyone here had any experiences? The website looks like an interesting concept, but I'm not sure.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:47 pm

thehairyone wrote:Got bored with WoW again, and a friend is attempting to get me in to Aion... anyone here had any experiences? The website looks like an interesting concept, but I'm not sure.

Basically WoW with wings. I've not heard anything overly positive.