Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 20, 2014 3:40 pm

buying that and watch dogs on tuesday. might do the watch dogs midnight launch since i have the week off work.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue May 20, 2014 4:42 pm

I can see getting to level 100 on GTA is going to take me forever at this rate. I spent all day the last three days on it and I am at level 26.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 am

Picked up Wolfenstein today. Holy shit. This is awesome.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 21, 2014 11:26 am

Turbo wrote:I can see getting to level 100 on GTA is going to take me forever at this rate. I spent all day the last three days on it and I am at level 26.

I have, based off my level and play time, done approximately 10 levels per 24 hours of gameplay time. Just over 11 days play time I am at level 113 :lol:
Last edited by CrappyMike on Wed May 21, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm

New features in the Advanced version of FTL. So good.

I don't need to leave the house before BOA, right?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri May 23, 2014 11:50 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Turbo wrote:I can see getting to level 100 on GTA is going to take me forever at this rate. I spent all day the last three days on it and I am at level 26.

I have, based off my level and play time, done approximately 10 levels per 24 hours of gameplay time. Just over 11 days play time I am at level 113 :lol:

Must commend you on your chopper skills by the way. We nearly had that mission done but for the fact that us fags let you down by dying. Im not entirely sure how I died, I just did. Should definitely have a bash on that again at some point. :yes:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 am

Turbo wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:

Must commend you on your chopper skills by the way. We nearly had that mission done but for the fact that us fags let you down by dying. Im not entirely sure how I died, I just did. Should definitely have a bash on that again at some point. :yes:

Yeah that mission was pretty hard. Its meant for 8 players though so that's maybe why :lol: choppers are definitely my thing, planned not so much. You're always welcome to join us, we mostly do races but I definitely want to get that mission done

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Aye will do if I see you on. Races are fine with me. Think the base jumping is the thing I like the least. Not really into that, so I have chosen to just do some on my one to potentially get closer to that achievement for all activities completed in gta. Ill most likely never get it, but ill be close and close is all that matters.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat May 24, 2014 12:24 am

I don't mind it but it can be a bit boring. Its even worse with weapons on :lol:

Was getting money for wolfenstein for my birthday on Wednesday but decided to just go ahead and buy it today. Its very good. I expected a brainless shooter which I was OK with but I find myself using stealth as much as possible. The environments are excellently designed, the dual wielding is great when you get a group of enemies in a corridor, then it becomes a brainless shooter :lol: it seems most enemies can be stealth killed, which is good because some of them are bastards. Glad I bought it though, enjoying it a lot so far.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat May 24, 2014 6:21 am

TYPING OF THE DEAD IS CHEAP ON STEAM.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon May 26, 2014 7:34 pm

got my replacement PS4, realised i've lost all my saves. mainly pissed about wolfenstein and majorly assassins creed 4, because i was pretty far in that :x

so i bought myself south park the stick of truth. game have it at £22.99 :D it is excellent. also getting watch dogs tomorrow. plenty to keep me busy

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Last four achievements on Minecraft weren't quite as tedious as I had once imagined. Am really considering picking it up for the laptop because nobody apart from some git id rather have no further dealings with and a German speaking Polish guy that added me last week play it on 360.

Been talking with a mate about a potential Counterstrike and/or Age of Empires II night. Told him on the later that - and I am not sure if this is a AoEII HD only feature - but we can control the same team against some randoms rather than do the usual setting each other up as allies and either building two separate bases or one within another and having a joint army etc. I only play silly games like Sim City on the laptop so it will be a welcome change to the norm here.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 am

My gran is insane and gave me £100 for my birthday so gonna pick up a second Xbox one controller and possibly ryse as well, thoughi am on the fence about that one. Got a spare ps4 controller when I had to exchange my console on Monday so a second Xbox controller is needed.

I am glad I got watch dogs on the one, I do not like the driving much but the Xbox one controller is the best controller I have used for driving, it definitely helps matters.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 am

CrappyMike wrote:My gran is insane and gave me £100 for my birthday so gonna pick up a second Xbox one controller and possibly ryse as well, thoughi am on the fence about that one. Got a spare ps4 controller when I had to exchange my console on Monday so a second Xbox controller is needed.

I am glad I got watch dogs on the one, I do not like the driving much but the Xbox one controller is the best controller I have used for driving, it definitely helps matters.

That Xbone controller (and the fact that kinect is being got rid of) is the only reason I would consider that console, because I really dislike the dualshock thing. How is the PS4 controller?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 am

The ps4 controller is better than the ps3 one but not as good as the 360 or Xbox one controllers. It has a pointless light on the back which you can now dim, but its a massive drain on the battery. The Xbox one battery pack costs about £20 but it lasts ages. Its a built in battery on the ps4 controller as well so when it inevitably fails its not like on Xbox where you just buy another play and charge kit, you would need to play wired. And the wire you get with the console is probably about 30cm long so you'd need a new cable. Luckily the Xbox one play and charge kit comes with a 3m cable and they all work with each other.