Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WorMzy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:56 am

Good news!

You can already preload it on steam, and you'll be able to play it from 11pm tonight. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:01 am

I'll be in bed by then :(

Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 am

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

I've been needing a new signature since I came back.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:28 pm

CrappyMike wrote:The division is looking good. I have only played maybe an hour of the beta at most but enjoyed it. I've also been playing rainbow six siege, which is fun but much better with at least 1 person you know. I have way too many games to play right now and not enough time to play them :lol: :(

I wasn't able to get into the beta myself, but from what I saw on Youtube it looks kinda disappointing. Not much special about it apart from the Dark Zone and the pretty graphics.

Rumour has it there's an open beta soon, hopefully that's true so I can check it out for myself.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Release day

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Ayep.
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Everyone has someone called envy in their friends list. My one is a dickhead. Warmongering dickhead on Ark to be exact. Soon to be wiped out war mongering dickhead.

Anyway, update is: Tribe leader gave me my personal argentavis, he's called Osiris (I have been raiding wikipedia for cool names and yeah), and I have tamed our one remaining full timer an Argentavis of his own which is called Erebus. Currently watching our female steg get tamed. Also tamed a female turtle for eggs/kibble. I think we have about 30 dinos now. Getting ourself on the trade routes, coming together nicely. As for our boys as I mentioned earlier, no sign of them today. I know they were getting attackiated yesterday but who knows, prob picked up sticks and left the server. Good riddance. Peace might be coming you know and as soon as it is we're making a Colosseum for us all to complete and make bets and so on.

Anyone want to sell some polymer I am your man.

Edit: These idiots are off server. The one guy deleted me, so my curiosity led me to see if they're at base. No one at home. An entire fucking side of their base missing. Ill just wait until the plant xs die from zero compost and I am going in seeing what's really going on.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 am

Bought Just Cause 3 the other day and it's terrible in mostly every way! Haven't played the previous 2 so not sure if they're similar in gameplay but the driving is awful as well as not being able to aim properly whilst shooting. Graphics are terrible and it's been repetitive with the same style missions all the way through. Yeah glad i picked this up for £20 and not £40.

Gonna start finishing some more games as they're piling up and got some big releases within the next few months so need to get on it! Currently got Rainbow Six: Siege, Rise Of The Tomb Raider, Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 to complete

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Dammit I want to play XCOM. But no new games until March. I have too many already.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:09 am

VizardAmata wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:The division is looking good. I have only played maybe an hour of the beta at most but enjoyed it. I've also been playing rainbow six siege, which is fun but much better with at least 1 person you know. I have way too many games to play right now and not enough time to play them :lol: :(

I wasn't able to get into the beta myself, but from what I saw on Youtube it looks kinda disappointing. Not much special about it apart from the Dark Zone and the pretty graphics.

Rumour has it there's an open beta soon, hopefully that's true so I can check it out for myself.

The thing is while I enjoyed it, I'm not sure it will dethrone destiny as the game I will always go back to. I guess I'll need to wait and see when the full game releases.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Finally got round to getting the Uncharted collection yesterday. Fakking hell, why did I bother with Xbrick last gen. :love:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 pm

Got pretty matey with the top dogs on the server and I think that's whats kept us alive for so long, One of our clan (a mates work colleague) wants to invade them, single handedly which tbh, pull a map out of TheIsland and in the north east there is a small island. These boys and girl own that, and all of it is a base. He wont make the shores but still he keeps going on. He's been making a raft today and if it even heads in an easterly direction when he's offline he will be shipped to the south on it with me and my bird, then I will destroy the boat and load the resources onto his body and pull him into the water and fly back. Be a nasty surprise when you come online and find you are sinking in the sea and you can do nothing about it. Teams that don't play games without friends in other tribes end up like our neighbours. Dead, no dinosaurs, no base and looted. Not even a primitive hatchet to chop wood with.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Preparing for Dark Souls 3 by doing runs of the first two. Did the no bonfire run for DSII but I think no death may be beyond my current capabilities. I don't really die to the bosses but I keep doing dumb stuff by walking off of ledges, or I get invaded by someone looking for PVP. As someone who doesn't really enjoy PVP, and therefore doesn't set up for it, I tend to lose those invasions.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:09 pm

So XCOM2 is enjoyably difficult. I'm still not a massive fan of the timer missions, but they do make you think on your feet. I've only played for 12 hours so far, but already lost about eight soldiers due to them either being KIA or captured. That's a big step up from the first XCOM, where I probably lost about six total, and most of those were toward the end of the game. The only negative is that the base building aspect is even more nerfed in this sequel.

I've also got OpenXcom on my phone to play on the bus, just had my first terror mission with cyberdisks and psionic sectoids. Lost 7/10 soldiers in that mission. :(
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 am

Final Fantasy 12 talk: FINALLY KILLED YIAZMAT!

After watching AGDQ this year, I've been considering attempting a speedrun. Chose Spyro The Dragon... There's a trick called the charge jump, which allows you to jump higher and fly further and is the basis of the entire route. Tap charge then immediately jump. A day or two of attempting just that trick and I've decided speedrunning is not fun and not for me.

Lastly, is someone able to explain in layman's language to me the basic mechanics of pokemon? I mean, Google brings up millions of results, but they invariably assume you have a grasp of algebra and I lose patience.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.