Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:37 am

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
WoRLoKKeD wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Any quake fans??

http://www.quakelive.com/

its free as well ;)

Neur0T0xin here. :D Gotta love Quake! Best multiplayer FPS of all time. Arguments against are null and void.

:eyes:

Unreal Tournament...

*cough*

:lol:

Pfft! Quake has always surpassed Unreal, imo. Not saying that UT isn't one hell of a lot of fun, though. Betrayal in UT3 is the tits.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:25 pm

gumpy87 wrote: its finaly got to me and now im going to have to play through kingdom heart 1 and 2 again i hope your happy :lol:

:lol: Don't worry, the same thing has happened to me after watching some BBS gameplay videos and seeing how awesome it looks.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 am

VizardAmata wrote:
gumpy87 wrote: its finaly got to me and now im going to have to play through kingdom heart 1 and 2 again i hope your happy :lol:

:lol: Don't worry, the same thing has happened to me after watching some BBS gameplay videos and seeing how awesome it looks.

but i have a growing pile of games that i still havnt finished and instead im playing through kingdom hearts again, well i will be after a bit more geomatry wars 2
By this axe I rule

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 am

I've never entertained the idea of playing Kingdom Hearts. My dad owns the first two, and I could easily borrow them, but.. my mind vehemently rejects the idea of Goofy and Sephiroth being in the same game.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

heavymetalfan
Consort of the Beast

Postby heavymetalfan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:01 am

RedTeamWins wrote:Fair enough if it's going for the whole 'interactive-action-movie' thing, but even Transformers 2 has more plot than MW2.

Woah Woah Woah Woah

Lets not say things we regret here. TF2 was an atrocity
http://www.myspace.com/adversarybm - My band, Black Metal

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:26 pm

heavymetalfan wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Fair enough if it's going for the whole 'interactive-action-movie' thing, but even Transformers 2 has more plot than MW2.

Woah Woah Woah Woah

Lets not say things we regret here. TF2 was an atrocity

For a moment I thought you were talking about Team Fortress 2. Luckily, I realized what you meant and put the pitchfork down.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:30 pm

WoRLoKKeD wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:
WoRLoKKeD wrote:
Neur0T0xin here. :D Gotta love Quake! Best multiplayer FPS of all time. Arguments against are null and void.

:eyes:

Unreal Tournament...

*cough*

:lol:

Pfft! Quake has always surpassed Unreal, imo. Not saying that UT isn't one hell of a lot of fun, though. Betrayal in UT3 is the tits.

Quake was a massive amount of fun and I have many fond memories of playing LAN co-op with my best friend growing up, but I have to be honest, I've always preferred Quake II, at least in terms of single player. Quake had a fantastically dark storyline and setting, massively gothic which hasn't really been equalled since...but there was just something about Quake II that really appealed to me. I really think it's one of the most underrated games out there.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 pm

WorMzy wrote:I've never entertained the idea of playing Kingdom Hearts. My dad owns the first two, and I could easily borrow them, but.. my mind vehemently rejects the idea of Goofy and Sephiroth being in the same game.

if you look past the inherent wrongness of the game concept they are very good games
By this axe I rule

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 pm

I still haven't finished Condemned either Gumpy, so... ;)

WorMzy wrote:I've never entertained the idea of playing Kingdom Hearts. My dad owns the first two, and I could easily borrow them, but.. my mind vehemently rejects the idea of Goofy and Sephiroth being in the same game.

Haha, I know it seems odd, but the games are brilliant. KH2 is 1000x better than the first one in terms of gameplay though...

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Assassin's Creed 2 kicks serious amounts of tits, just saying.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Assassin's Creed 2 kicks serious amounts of tits, just saying.

Never played the first one, went to look at buying AC2 and was disappointed to find that the PC version doesn't come out until next February :( So I bought the first one instead, guess I may as well give that one a play before the 2nd one.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:Assassin's Creed 2 kicks serious amounts of tits, just saying.

Never played the first one, went to look at buying AC2 and was disappointed to find that the PC version doesn't come out until next February :( So I bought the first one instead, guess I may as well give that one a play before the 2nd one.

Well don't let your opinion of AC1 cloud your judgement of what you think AC2 will be like, they are seriously two different games.
AC2 wipes the floor with AC1.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:

Well don't let your opinion of AC1 cloud your judgement of what you think AC2 will be like, they are seriously two different games.
AC2 wipes the floor with AC1.

I'll let you know how I get along with AC1 :) How is AC2 different?

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:How is AC2 different?

I wouldn't mind knowing either. Almost bought it, but thought I had enough on my plate (and too little in my bank) with MW2 and Left 4 Dead 2.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:41 pm

I didn't like Assassin's Creed.so not going to bother with this one tbh

Chronicles Of Riddick is immense though on PS3