Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

Good and bad news really. We've recruited three guys from a different clan we've known for ages. They're alright lads and they're currently making lots of guns. Just a bit jubious when I remember tribe of Wolf were fucked over when two of their randomers turned all plant xs/turrets off and demolished a wall and disowned all of their dinos. For now we virtually have around the clock base control.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 pm

I can't decide whether I am sick of Ark or just sick of my clan. Either way, I am thinking of packing it in on xbox and waiting until PC is up and play it on there.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 am

Apparently Rocket League is coming to xbox, so I recommend that. Fun as fuck.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:31 pm

We already have it. I have it under my steam account so I wont be bothering. I read an article that xbox one players will be able to play pc gamers on it come spring. That will be nice.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:55 pm

The Division is spooky as shit when the fog descends. Just needs a silent hill mod

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... A7CDD9FF2/

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Thought I'd have a go at PvPing Dark Souls II. I'm pretty good at PvE (if I do say so myself) but apart from the odd close one, the PvP is broken as all hell in that game. Who decided Soul Memory was a good idea?
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Not having a lot of luck on the Division. I get to a point and I get d/c. Fuck you ubisoft, I love AC so bad then you fuck me with that and hey you want to play the Division a bit of our boy Tom Clancy? Yeah? No Fuck me again.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:00 am

Minus the occasional DC, I've been impressed with Ubisoft so far with the Division.

Everyones face has rendered and I haven't fallen through the floor once.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Those were the things I was looking forward to. :lol:

Upon installation I was greeted by one of my least favourite things in the world and I am not talking about carrots. Uplay. There it was just sitting there. Please notice me. Please. NO FUCK RIGHT OFF NO I DONT WANT TO BUY ALTAÏRS COSTUME OR PAY TO PLAY A TEDIOUS MULTIPLAYER I WILL SCALP YOU STARTING FROM THE ARSE.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:15 pm

To invite people I have to fucking import them from Steam so I can add them to Uplay so I can use their shit tier invitation system. Least it's not got on my tits about anything else yet, but I imaigne it will soon.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Ok, I dunno at what stage the game is completed but I think I can say a few things about The Division. A few people going around saying its mint and that you should totally buy it. Don't listen to these people. Its actually boiled down a really tedious game, with a few nice little touches (for example, when you shoot the side of a car window the glass can fall out in lumps rather than just break, shoe prints in snow etc). Bullet sponges are all the same, no variation. The missions are invariably the same with no variation. I haven't played any other Tom Clancy game, and this title does not inspire me to buy any more. Its half entertaining in co-op and I think this is the only way you should play it. If you wish to play solo, avoid this title. Absolutely hideously hard to play if your partner is a few levels higher than you as the enemies are boosted to be a challenge for them, but you will get BADLY fucked. I am waiting for another chap who has just bought the game to get to level 13 so we can continue it, which I can only imagine we will piss...even on hard difficulty.

In short, disappointing. I don't need to talk about the glitches and bugs, they're there. Its ubisoft. It won't disappoint there.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 pm

I've come to the realisation that for single player/story mode fans like myself, PS4/XB1 games aren't going to offer me very much.

Even most of the later PS3 games seem more interested in providing multiplayer thrills than delivering an exciting, complex and LONG single player experience.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Dark Souls III next week, really annoyed that streamers etc have had it for nearly a month already, dodging spoilers has been a nightmare. Excited though.

In the meantime it's Rocket League for me. At the moment I seem to either be put in a team which is way too good, or in a team with two retards who need me to do everything for them in order just to attempt to draw a game. Still fun if frustrating.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Playing Borderlands 1 as a threesome. Seems a laugh and a tonne better than what we were playing before hand - the Division.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Oddly enough I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2. Bought a B1 and B2 double pack a few months ago for £5. They're lots of fun.

Just bought the Ultimate Stealth Triple pack for £15 containing Deus Ex, Hitman Absolution and Thief. I've played none of these yet so it seemed too good a bargain to turn down. :yes: