Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WorMzy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 am

I never trade in/sell any games. I have given a couple away though: Eledees and Red Steel, two bloody awful games that I haven't missed once since giving them to one of my ex-co-worker's kid.

I have bought one game more than once though: Legend of Dragoon. I've bought it twice now, just because it's my favourite game. I'd probably buy it again tomorrow if I found a copy, despite only having ~£80 to my name. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am

I hate you all - I started playing Oblivion again.

Now to get the mods that means guards don't automatically know you stole something in a city at the other side of the world!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:09 am

saw my mate play god of war 3 omfg, the epicness at the start is jawdropping, me wants a ps3 now

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm

mikeftw wrote:saw my mate play god of war 3 omfg, the epicness at the start is jawdropping, me wants a ps3 now

It does look it, doesn't it?? Man I wish I could play it. T_T

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

after finishing blue i have just bought fire red and in a month or so i can see myself getting a ds and soul silver and there was me thinking i was done with pokemon
By this axe I rule

DeadBanger
Definitely Not Nu

Postby DeadBanger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:25 am

I can't seem to get enough of Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC! I don't know what it is about killing hordes of zombies with 3 buddies!!

And the fact that you can play user created maps/campaigns keeps it going for me. I myself am having a go at making a map- takes ages tho. Trying to think outside the box and make it less predictable than your typical map format.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:50 am

gumpy87 wrote:after finishing blue i have just bought fire red and in a month or so i can see myself getting a ds and soul silver and there was me thinking i was done with pokemon

Do it, Heart Gold, and therefore Soul Silver are amazing. Totally worth it.

RichardC01
Definitely Not Nu

Postby RichardC01 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Mainly playing Blazblue at the moment. Such a good game. Although will start playing some more SF4 in anticipation of SSF4.
I'm also working my way through MGS4 as well, really enjoying it, I'm really tempted to download MGS from the Playstation store now, haven't played it for ages.
http://www.myspace.com/revokation - Death Metal from Leeds

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Looks like my annual Oblivion addiction has come, bad timing, I have so much work to do :ugh:
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

whiplash02
Leather Rebel

Postby whiplash02 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

RB2610 wrote:Looks like my annual Oblivion addiction has come, bad timing, I have so much work to do :ugh:

Quite a coincidence, everytime I have a shitload of work to do, I have a sudden urge to play all my old games again as well!

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 am

Spent last night playing a bit of Oblivion (Ghosts are a pain in the ass when your magic is shit and you only have a magic bow).

Then spent the last part of my night defending Darnassus from those ugly Horde bastards!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Been thoroughly enjoying my replay of SotC. I have come across some strange glitches, though. Like me and my horse have randomly melted through solid ground (twice!) and fallen to our deaths. :lol:

Another less funny one seems to only happen in battle where the screen suddenly goes white, but I can still view the map. :?

Anyways, I checked the progress of my Silent Hill 2 order and it's not even been dispatched yet... :x

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Fucking shit directions on Morrowind piss me off. I've got a map, can't you just point to where I need to go? Please? No? Ah fuck you then.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 pm

god damn it... i have a sudden urge to buy a DS. i can afford it too, but il struggle to afford anything else for the rest of the month :(
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 pm

isabiggles wrote:Fucking shit directions on Morrowind piss me off. I've got a map, can't you just point to where I need to go? Please? No? Ah fuck you then.

Did your copy not come with an actual, real life map? It's both really useful and nerdy merch.
also, I'm fairly sure there is a map screen in game...
How many maps do you need, is the question.