Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RB2610
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RB2610 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:48 pm

So sequels get shunned for continuing an existing storyline now? :|

Besides, multiplayer alone would be worth picking it up (maybe not at full price, but still worth getting)
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:52 pm

RB2610 wrote:So sequels get shunned for continuing an existing storyline now? :|

There's a point, does it go on about any more of that asperger industries or whatever it is? I really want to see where they're going with that, just don't want to play the same game again. Couldn't give a shit about Ezio though.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:57 pm

yeah it continues with the real story, or at least it has so far
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Fuck. Well I'll just watch a Let's Play of it in three months or so :/

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

or buy it in a few months or so? if you have xbox live or go online on your ps3 then it'll be well worth it once its went down in price. the online is better than just about everything else online :yes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:59 am

Just had some hilarious games on Brotherhood, taking turns to play games with my housemates, sharing the mic. Then this guy comes on who seems to be (possibly unintentionally) blasting static down his mic, as when you're playing the game you can only hear other players voices when you are close to them he spent the entire game giving away his position due to a roar of static whenever he came nearby.

Then as one of my housemates was playing a couple of us had the mic and decided to yell "Oi! You! Woman on the roof! Run!" just as he was about to kill her, the best thing was she actually bolted the second we said it. :lol:
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am

My girlfriend bought me AC:B for the PS3 yesterday, I rejoiced.

She also just decided to buy an Xbox 360 because she's always wanted one.

I have the best girlfriend ever
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 am

You bastard :(

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 pm

The shattering is happening in WoW tomorrow, I may just have to resubscribe before cataclysm xD
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Still playing the same fortress in DF. King's gonna have to die soon, he's 160 years old now. I'm not sure whether his eldest daughter will travel to my fortress to take over or not, I've never had succession happen before. Should be interesting finding out.

I've got an absolute fuckton of metal bars stockpiled now. I actually have more metal bars than stone, something which I don't think has ever happened in the history of DF.

Might need to make an "accident" happen to my count, who, so far, has had two dwarves executed for not fulfilling his bloody production mandates. I'm thinking about having him fall into a pit of magma.

I've paved four corridors with metal now; the main corridor is paved with gold, the corridor leading to the magma pits is paved with black bronze, the corridor around the magma pits is coated with adamantine, and the clothing industry corridor is paved with nickel silver. I've also rebuilt the stairwell down to the magma pits with kaolinite, it's red colour blends nicely with the purple black bronze and blue adamantine.

I'm getting pretty bored now though. The fortress is more-or-less self-sufficient. I can leave it to it's own devices most of the time, and it'll get on well enough. I've got plenty of food and booze stockpiled, and the irrigation system doesn't need maintaining any more. I've got 70 dwarves (mostly kitted out in steel and adamantine equipment) and ~90 War animals (including dogs, gorillas, elephants, jaguars, tigers, giant leopards, et al) in the army, and they dispatch any hostile creatures that try to lay siege to the fortress with the minimum of effort. I've already attracted the attention of the king, had him move to my fortress, and become the mountainhome. Truth be told, I miss goblin sieges. They were an exciting event which happened almost yearly. I guess I could piss of the Elves or the Humans until they declare war on me.. that could be fun..
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Yes the rumours are true, after a four year delay from it's initial release date Gran Turismo 5 will be available from midnight.

Now don't celebrate to quickly, because the 10gb (45 minute) install and following patches will eat up any room you had thought you had left on your old PS3's.

However once you actually get into the game proper, I must admit it is extremely good. Only played using controller & basic demo tracks etc as I didn't have any more time, but I must say I'm quite looking forward to trying it with full wheel & controls. We shall see in time if it lives up to its predecessors reputations.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 pm

That would be great news if anyone actually owned a PS3... :eyes: :P

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:56 pm

RB2610 wrote:That would be great news if anyone actually owned a PS3... :eyes: :P

What would be the point in that? Everyone knows that it has no games. 8)
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote: the 10gb (45 minute) install

why do people buy PS3's? it enrages me that people think its a good console despite shit like this

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Glad I didn't have to sit watching the fecking thing install, absolutely stupid. To top it all of we where told that there is already a 200mb patch to install before you can even try the game online.

People buy PS3's because their XBOX broke down to many times, then they realise that the playstation network is crap & then try the WII so they can just play games with 'the family'..................months later the WII has gathered so much dust they decide to trade it in against an XBOX & the whole circle starts again.

Meanwhile those with PC's sit laughing at them & wonder why they don't buy something good.