Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon May 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Don't even start with Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'd say trade it in but you won't get shit for it. Just throw it in a river or something..

Also, just played the intro mission to Bulletstorm. I'm going to enjoy this game.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Applecore wrote:Don't even start with Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'd say trade it in but you won't get shit for it. Just throw it in a river or something..

Also, just played the intro mission to Bulletstorm. I'm going to enjoy this game.

It was one of them things, all that list (bar Tomb Raider and Hitman) cost me £2-3 so it's no big deal. I think the Aliens was £1.99 so I figured I'd give it a try, even if it is terrible.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Alot of people rave over Hitman Absolution. I am too simple minded to fully appreciate the game. I like running in with explosions and guns. Not standing in a cupboard waiting for some cretin to go for a slash then following him in and bumming him up the urinals.

Tomb Raider was a very good game. I can't say I enjoyed any as much as I have this one. Yep, wasn't all that enamoured by the one where you spent half of the game life locking Alfred or whatever his sodding name was in the fridge.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon May 12, 2014 1:05 pm

First act of Bulletstorm done. So far I really like this.
Absolutely batshit insane, fast paced, heavy gunning, violent/gory. Exactly what I was looking for.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Also, just another point about Duke Nukem Forever. I remember when I got it, I loaded it up with a mate round. He was so absolutely gobsmacked by how poor the graphics were on the twins' hair that he wrote the game off there and then. I'll admit the first 20 minutes or so look unfinished, graphics-wise, but damn. After a while I thought the graphics improved dramatically, or I just got used to it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Id play Duke Nukem at the right price. Not sure id be all that bothered about the graphics, I played the original. :lol:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon May 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Turbo wrote:Alot of people rave over Hitman Absolution. I am too simple minded to fully appreciate the game. I like running in with explosions and guns. Not standing in a cupboard waiting for some cretin to go for a slash then following him in and bumming him up the urinals.

Tomb Raider was a very good game. I can't say I enjoyed any as much as I have this one. Yep, wasn't all that enamoured by the one where you spent half of the game life locking Alfred or whatever his sodding name was in the fridge.

You're kidding right? Absolution is the series dumbed down! As a longtime fan of Hitman I actually quite enjoyed the game, though it was a bit too modern and easy for my liking at times. Getting a silent assassin for those stupid latex nuns in the advert was magical though, and bloody difficult. The challenge is still there in parts, so it's definitely worth a play.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Yeah you don't actually bum him up the urinals, you just stand in a cupboard wanking and licking your lips whilst he shakes dat booty.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Dead Space is the best modern series to come out apart from Dark Souls. Dead Space 3 was fucking dire though, screw EA for milking it.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon May 12, 2014 8:28 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Applecore wrote:Don't even start with Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'd say trade it in but you won't get shit for it. Just throw it in a river or something..

It was one of them things, all that list (bar Tomb Raider and Hitman) cost me £2-3 so it's no big deal. I think the Aliens was £1.99 so I figured I'd give it a try, even if it is terrible.

Play it on the hardest difficulty and its almost good. Almost. :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 14, 2014 3:18 am

Microsoft are giving away dark souls, super street fighter IV arcade edition and Charlie murder on 360 as Junes games with giold, and the first games offered free on Xbox one will be halo Spartan assault and Max curse of brotherhood, also in June. That's a win for people who have both consoles, like me. And I'll get my free games on PS4 :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 am

Warfighter glitched out on me in the first mission. There's a 489mb update it wants to download which may solve it, but on my shitty connection that'll take ages. Can't be fucked with that, it's going back to the store :lol:
Also played a tiny bit of Dishonored. Not enough to give me a feel of it, but the control system and general look of the game so far has got things off to a good start.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 am

Picked up Fifa 14 for Origin (On a CDkey website obviously. I ain't paying the fourty quid those fucks are asking for).

Didn't even realise it was available on PC.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed May 14, 2014 7:04 am

CrappyMike wrote:Microsoft are giving away dark souls, super street fighter IV arcade edition and Charlie murder on 360 as Junes games with giold, and the first games offered free on Xbox one will be halo Spartan assault and Max curse of brotherhood, also in June. That's a win for people who have both consoles, like me. And I'll get my free games on PS4 :lol:

Ffs. The only one of those I'm particularly interested in is SSFIVAE, but I already have that. It's also moot, as the definite Ultra edition is out in a couple of months anyway. I just want Games With Gold to give me something I actually want - is that so bad?

I knew I should have got a PS3. I need to find one of those early models that are still backwards compatible.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed May 14, 2014 7:08 am

If you do, I'll warn you with what happened to a mate. He bought one second hand and all was great for a few months, then it just died. They're really badly designed in that the fan just blows dust around the console, instead of blowing it out of the vents. So yeah, eventually it'll likely kill itself.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock