Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:46 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:You got that completely backwards. The PS3 has one exclusive worth getting (MGS4 and perhaps a second, from what I've heard; Little Big Planet), and that's going on nerd impulse to finish the series rather than it being an actually good game.

I mean what else is there? God Of War? Grand Turismo? Resistance? Even Heavy Rain, which was one of the big draws for me, is completely shite.

One mans mud etc... I found Heavy Rain to be brilliant, same for God of War. Halo on the other hand is shite, Gears of War isn't much better and although Fable 1 was good (but not Xbox exclusive), 2 and 3 have been bad, bad games.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:10 pm

To be fair I need to decide if I consider Heavy Rain to be a game or not before I can call it bad at being one. It's... interesting... for what it is.

herzeleid wrote:P.S. It's finally happening http://www.lazygamer.net/rumour-elder-s ... -incoming/

:D

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:22 pm

herzeleid wrote:P.S. It's finally happening http://www.lazygamer.net/rumour-elder-s ... -incoming/

That's just the first site I found on a google search, I found out myself through a different place, seems to be doing the rounds.

ye i read about Elder Scrolls V yesterday on ign, i thought they were working on the mmo version first, but apparently not.

also saw this about the PSphone seems interesting
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/22/ig ... fix-112210

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:You got that completely backwards. The PS3 has one exclusive worth getting (MGS4 and perhaps a second, from what I've heard; Little Big Planet), and that's going on nerd impulse to finish the series rather than it being an actually good game.

I mean what else is there? God Of War? Grand Turismo? Resistance? Even Heavy Rain, which was one of the big draws for me, is completely shite.

One mans mud etc... I found Heavy Rain to be brilliant, same for God of War. Halo on the other hand is shite, Gears of War isn't much better and although Fable 1 was good (but not Xbox exclusive), 2 and 3 have been bad, bad games.

i agree with most of what you said. as i have said before installing is a problem for me. its not necessary, the 360 doesnt make you do it, so why do PC and PS3 games still need to be installed? theres no logical reason and it just annoys me which is why i never buy any PS3 games and my PS3 is on a shelf beside my wii never being used. people used to talk about the much bigger hard drive in PS3's before the 360 got bigger ones, but it was never a valid point because you have to install games. it also seems to take a lot longer to update, to the point that when i do occasionally play mine i play offline. that applies to old games in particular.
so yes, it is a matter of personal taste and personally i see no logical reason as to why there are people who think the PS3 is a good console, because its not. and thats not opinion, thats fact ;)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

I have both a PS3 and XboX (although I've had the xbox for two days and no chance to play it lol). You can argue at what's better until the cows come home but as mentioned before It's down to personal opinion, yo?
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

I'll get a PS3 when I want a pretty blu ray player.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Bisset wrote:It's down to personal opinion, yo?

Yeah, but there is literally no fun in that.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:47 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:

i agree with most of what you said. as i have said before installing is a problem for me. its not necessary, the 360 doesnt make you do it, so why do PC and PS3 games still need to be installed? theres no logical reason

While I don't see how PS3 can justify installing things especially considering they use Blu Ray, so it's not like they're going to be low on space on the optical media.

However Installation is entirely necessary on PC as hardware on a particular system can vary so much that it has to be set up accordingly for the system in use, whereas other than hard disk space and occasional changes to the cpu size consoles are of a consistent specification.
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Bisset wrote:It's down to personal opinion, yo?

But.. opinions which differ from mine are wrong, and this must be stated as loudly and frequently as possible so that everyone knows the truth. :?
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm

how boring would the world be if every time someone disagreed with someone else they just thought to themselves "oh its just his opinion so i wont say anything".
the answer is very
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 pm

360's are shit because you can't kill someone with one. Get yourself an old PS3 and you'll be equipped with a deadly brick with blu ray capabilities. It's a perfect mix.

It's why the original Xbox took off, it was a deadly weapon where as the PS2 slim was incapable of doing any damage.

And as ED say people only become fanboys for one console because they can't afford to get the other as well :P.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Luke- wrote:360's are shit because you can't kill someone with one. Get yourself an old PS3 and you'll be equipped with a deadly brick with blu ray capabilities. It's a perfect mix.

It's why the original Xbox took off, it was a deadly weapon where as the PS2 slim was incapable of doing any damage.

And as ED say people only become fanboys for one console because they can't afford to get the other as well :P.

i have both a 360 and a PS3 ;)

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:31 pm

My first human siege has arrived. :D

I'd just finished laying all the traps and creating the prison too. I'm going to enjoy this. :lol:

Edit: Aw man, there's only nine of them. That's not as much fun as I'd hoped. :(

EDIT EDIT: Oh, there's a camel too.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Ooh ooh, there's 13 now. Either they're breeding while in transit or they're arriving in clusters. This could get interesting after all. :D
Last edited by WorMzy on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Adam Jenson

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Another awesome Steam sale is on!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Including Deus Ex: GOTY and Deus Ex: Invisible War for £1.49 each, or both for £2.99. :lol:

Buy 'em separately and save a penny. :P
~ Adam Jenson