Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Its wireless for my xbox but I have a lead linking it to a USB port on my laptop. Wanted to play Rocket League but id be more comfortable on a controller rather than keyboard and mouse.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 am

Sounds like a pain to setup that way, yeah. :/
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 am

Turbo wrote:Its wireless for my xbox but I have a lead linking it to a USB port on my laptop. Wanted to play Rocket League but id be more comfortable on a controller rather than keyboard and mouse.

It's a bit of a bitch to do with anything Windows 8 or later. I'd just get a wired controller and save the hassle. They're not particularly expensive nowadays!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:15 am

Or get an Xbone. The controllers just plug in via a normal micro USB to USB lead that you get with most phones nowadays. Much easier. I gave my girlfriend the 360 one because it was much more hassle. I found it easy enough to troubleshoot online when I had those issues though, plenty of help around.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Black Friday for xbone dude.

Im probably going to get my controller first though. Lime green because everything should be lime green. CustomcontrollersUK will hook me up with that.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:
Turbo wrote:Its wireless for my xbox but I have a lead linking it to a USB port on my laptop. Wanted to play Rocket League but id be more comfortable on a controller rather than keyboard and mouse.

It's a bit of a bitch to do with anything Windows 8 or later. I'd just get a wired controller and save the hassle. They're not particularly expensive nowadays!

My wireless one with gamepad receiver was fine with Windows 8.1, haven't tried it with 10 yet. Also Andy was talking about issues with older OSs, not new ones :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 pm

I got Metal Gear Solid 5 with the hardback guide for me birthday! I can't wait to get into it. I'm looking forward to seeing how Keifer Sutherland is in it.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 pm

It's amazing how easy it is to recognize voice actors.

Just got to the second map on Mordor. Met the sickly queen person. Instant "I know that voice" moment. Checked up on it, and yep, it's Claudia Black, otherwise known as Aeryn Sun from Farscape. :o
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Got Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for my birthday so I've got the bug again. Done 5 or 6 bosses so far and every single one has been complete pish when compared to the first 5 or 6 of the first game. Can't tell if it's because they are easy or if I've just become quite good at it.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:46 am

Throw a new player of similar gaming skill to you at it and see what happens :P

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 am

Yeah knowing how those games work is a huge part of the difficulty gone. I remember how I walked into the first one like it was an other hack and slash and spent a good long while getting my anus demolished.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 am

I think my male Sim is firing blanks because my female Sim is not expecting. Just add it to the turbulent time I have had in this game. People stealing my bath, the earthquake that destroyed the replacement shower cubical, countless fires, the house party that really sucked, seriously you'll pull a muscle if you dance like that in real life. Age rating on the game is only a 12 so I can't even send my characters into a world of crime. I can only get all the old Sims in the town to hate me by calling their presumed dead parents names.

Well anyway back to the baby Sim. I sort of hope she isn't expecting because I have nowhere to put the baby. Could put them in the fridge or on the front lawn or something. Its not the biggest house and I don't have the cash to furnish the spare room. Just forked out on a new hifi.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 am

Danroush wrote:Throw a new player of similar gaming skill to you at it and see what happens :P

As a new player, I can testify that I went the wrong way and spent the next hour or so getting absolutely destroyed. The level of destruction went down a little after that, but was still matched by my level of incompetence.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:08 pm

My female sim is pregnant as as you'd expect she's just reached into the drinks cabinet for a cheeky cocktail. Only three days gone, already waddling around like a fucking fat knobber. That's because of all the pizza you eat you dickhead.

I don't really like this game any more.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:36 pm

I think I've been having fun with Armello recently. It's a bit confusing, but I won a few times and earned the scorn of my girlfriend by playing traps on her every game. :D
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson