Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby jackcake » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 am

I can't believe I forgot: Happy Wintereenmas!
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:17 am

Oh no, someone here actually likes Dim Fuckley :P

WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:27 am

herzeleid wrote:Oh no, someone here actually likes Dim Fuckley :P

MISCARRIAGEMISCARRIAGEMISCARRIAGE

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:52 am

:lol:

Happy Winter-een-mas. Any excuse to play video games is all right by to me.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:24 am

corrupt_toolbox wrote:

ANDIT'SFUNNYISN'TITIT'SFUNNYBECAUSEISAYSOIFYOUCRITICIZEMEIWILLDESTROYYOU!

That did not work well. Yhatzee does it so much better, in a video supposedly about webcomics, but simply just taking one giant dig.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Webcomics

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:27 am

corrupt_toolbox wrote:

Oh How I lolled at the above comment.

The thing you have to remember about Final Fantasy Games is that the final boss is usually pretty easy so that everyone can see the ending. Now the additional bosses like Emerald and Ruby weapon in FF7, Omega Weapon in FF8 and the Dark Aeons in X? They were the cunts that required you need EVERYTHING

I seem to remember Emerald Weapon needing hit by Knights of the Round 16 times - the only way to kill him was to have a mime materia on everyone, W Summon linked to KotR and Phoenix linked to Final Attack.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 pm

thehairyone wrote:
corrupt_toolbox wrote:

ANDIT'SFUNNYISN'TITIT'SFUNNYBECAUSEISAYSOIFYOUCRITICIZEMEIWILLDESTROYYOU!

That did not work well. Yhatzee does it so much better, in a video supposedly about webcomics, but simply just taking one giant dig.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Webcomics

LOLGONNASHOWMYDICKTOAFOURTEENYEAROLDANDTHENBANANYONEWHOBRINGSITUPEVENTHOUGHIHAVENEVERDENIEDIT
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I implore everyone to get Crysis 2. The demo is fucking amazing. Having so much fun :D

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Will it run on PCs built before 2040, or do I need to nick the Doctor's TARDIS? Again.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm

The only thing about CAD is the fact its creator tried to bone a 14 year old girl by showing a picture of his dick. Then he raged when everyone on his forum found out.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Bought the Sonic collection and Final Fantasy 12 the other day. I already hate the camera and the battle system in FFXII. I'll give it some time to get used to it though
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Noodle wrote:Bought the Sonic collection and Final Fantasy 12 the other day. I already hate the camera and the battle system in FFXII. I'll give it some time to get used to it though

Don't think of it as a Final Fantasy game.

I'm not sure if this will help your issues with it, but surely that makes it better by default? ;)

Honestly, I liked it mostly because of the battle system and camera. However, precisely because he isn't an angsty, androgynous teenager who nobody gives a flying fuck about, Square were afraid to make Balthier the main character. Instead, they pulled some chronically inept little blond shit out of their collective arseholes to fill this gap.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Noodle wrote:Bought the Sonic collection and Final Fantasy 12 the other day. I already hate the camera and the battle system in FFXII. I'll give it some time to get used to it though

Final Fantasy XII is the only (main) Final Fantasy game I haven't finished, it was just bad. Sonic Mega Collection is fantastic though even if it took a long time to adjust to it being faster
By this axe I rule

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am

gumpy87 wrote:

Final Fantasy XII is the only (main) Final Fantasy game I haven't finished, it was just bad. Sonic Mega Collection is fantastic though even if it took a long time to adjust to it being faster

The story so far is indeed quite... well, I can't feel anything for it. It's a bit naff. I'm slowly getting used to the camera and I'm still not sure about the battle system. You can't just simply run away from battles like you can in, say, Kingdom Hearts (I've already got myself buggered a couple of times trying to run away from those bounty hunters and trying to escape the ship because enemies catch up to you or enemies in front get you just as you're passing. I'll soldier on though
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 am

Noodle wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:

The story so far is indeed quite... well, I can't feel anything for it. It's a bit naff. I'm slowly getting used to the camera and I'm still not sure about the battle system. You can't just simply run away from battles like you can in, say, Kingdom Hearts (I've already got myself buggered a couple of times trying to run away from those bounty hunters and trying to escape the ship because enemies catch up to you or enemies in front get you just as you're passing. I'll soldier on though

It wasn't just the story, the characters were just as uninteresting and the battle system was horrible and the act that you had to unlock the ability to use weapons and armour with the License Board really annoyed me
By this axe I rule