Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby mikeftw » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Planetside 2 is pretty dam epic and it's f2p

Also Hitman Absolution is awesome too, the contracts mode is brilliant

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I have no fucking idea what's going on in Planetside, it just throws you in and expects you to know everything. :lol: Concept seems alright though.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 am

The devil may cry demo has appeared on xbox live. The combat is fine, feels like any other dmc game. However, they've bastardised everything else. I was prepared for this alternate universe bullshit they pulled when people started whining, but they've ruined it completely. They'd have been better off just redesigning dante as his old self rather than come out with this shit.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 am

Picked up Black Ops II last night..
Campaign mode: Finished the first level, so far so alright. Few aggravating moments (Partner has the only gun between you two, "They've spotted us!" Enemy starts firing, partner just sits there absorbing bullets to the face instead of returning fire. Ok fine I'll just die and try again then. Even though they only spotted us because I was keeping up with you, and you stopped in front of one of them.)
Zombies: Again, alright. Didn't like the town map with cracks in the floor containing fire, as it meant I had to jump around like a twat all the time. Also the 2-hit downers the zombies do is annoying, but I suppose it makes it a challenge and shows you not to let them get too close. Stop knifing zombies, Craig.
Multiplayer: The most fun aspect so far, but also no more than just alright. Typical of any online game, it's been out less than 2 weeks and there's already people at level 50+ who have the maps memorised. More of an effort to put newbs in with newbs would've been appreciated, but there is a sort of "training mode" for that. Sneaky suspicion, though, that the games I played last night were inhabited by people with high level profiles trying to level up on their other ones. Or I'm just really, really shit.

In short, glad I didn't pay the full £49.99 price in store. Traded in Dark Souls for £15 and had a fiver on my GAME card, so £25 for a brand new game seems fair to me. At least I didn't have to pay extra to get online like I did with fucking Battlefield 3 :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I hate Battlefield 3. Everything about it.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Turbo wrote:Perhaps I just wanted to be dropped in the thick of it right in the first 5 minutes, but I was searching a neighbours shitty flat and couldn't find anything. Controls are a bit rubbish on the xbox, so id imagine this would be much better on PC.

Probably is a lot better on PC, since it's basically a third person point and click. It does have some very intense moments, but it's more about the characters, storyline and the decision making than anything.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Picked up Sonic Adventure on steam because it's one of the few sonic games I've never played.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Getting the Steam Sale Shakes. Bought 2 games and spent about 10 pounds..and now I'm trying very hard to resist buying more.

Good thing I did the smart thing by leaving my mouse in Dundalk so I can't spend all day playing games. :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Jobdone wrote:Picked up Sonic Adventure on steam because it's one of the few sonic games I've never played.

one of my favourites, + SA2 and the original games on the Dreamcast, all rather went to shit after those ... and SA2 wasn't great, SA was the last truely good one I think
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Picked up Bastion, Jedi Knight II Outcast and Thirty Flights of Loving. That's me done.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

x-tempus wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Picked up Sonic Adventure on steam because it's one of the few sonic games I've never played.

one of my favourites, + SA2 and the original games on the Dreamcast, all rather went to shit after those ... and SA2 wasn't great, SA was the last truely good one I think

I second this.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm

x-tempus wrote:

did mean to say, original games on the Megadrive + the two Dreamcast games, anything post that really should be wiped from existance.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:19 am

x-tempus wrote:
x-tempus wrote:

did mean to say, original games on the Megadrive + the two Dreamcast games, anything post that really should be wiped from existance.

Possibly relevant, possibly I just wanted to post Robotnic with a boner.

It's all good.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am

I never bothered with anything after SA2. Until Sonic Generations, anyway. For me, that had the fun simplicity of the original Sonic games, with the best features of the SA games.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 am

Picked up Arkham City GOTY Edition for £5. :D