Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Completed Sleeping Dogs (open world GTA style game set in Hong Kong, you play an undercover cop infiltrating a Triad but it's a bit more complicated than that) over two days. Another highly enjoyable game: open world undercover cop g set in Hong Kong. The combat was a little easy but the story, graphics, and especially the voice acting were all great. Took me around 16 hours to "complete" the game, but there's still tons of extra things to do. It's £5 on Steam at the moment, well worth the money.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Jobdone wrote:Oh god.

Just lost another hour and 49 turns to Civ 5.

I do not have the willpower for this game.

One time I started playing CiV IV during the day and the next time I looked out the window the sun was rising again. But I always chose the super, super long games starting as barbarians.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Ill be glad to see the back of Mob of the Dead. What a fucking pain in the arse. I have battled crippling lag, zombies dying for no reason and then respawning near a mate that was checking how to do the achievements on his laptop meaning he had to rebuy his perks and everything. Level 26 is our best on that one, got the biggy achievement (75G) and a total of 125G earned today just through Mob.

Oh we also got one of these badboys: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Spork
Last edited by Turbo on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I think I might have gone slightly overboard... :eyes:
Hotline Miami
Bioshock Infinite (WW)
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout Collection
To The Moon Game and Soundtrack Bundle
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Star Wars: KOTOR
Final Fantasy VII
McPixel
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed
Towns
Super Meat Boy
FTL: Faster Than Light + Soundtrack
Awesomenauts
Fable III
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
Deadlight Game + Soundtrack Bundle
Prototype 2
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
The Binding Of Isaac Soundtrack
The Binding Of Isaac
XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
RAGE
Bastion + Soundtrack DLC
FEZ
Ace of Spades Game and St. Valentines Day Massacre Pack Bundle
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack - 2 Pack
Sleeping Dogs
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
Galactic Civilizations II
Dishonored (ROW)
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Mirror's Edge
Max Payne Complete Pack
Nethergate: Resurrection
Tomb Raider Collection
The Witcher 2
The Final Hours of Portal 2
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Universe Sandbox
Portal 2
Garry's Mod

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Well, you'll be busy for a few months then!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Anyone have a spare Chivalry or Dead Island sale trading card they're willing to trade?

I've got two spare Bioshock Infinites, two spare Football Managers, one spare Prison Architect, one spare Reus, one spare Tomb Raider, and one spare Torchlight if you need them.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 pm

It's really really easy to sell your spares and then buy the ones you need. Just click sell, set the price for market average and you'll get the money in your wallet from someone buying it almost instantly.

On a sidenote, I've been a right bastard and bought two sets of foil cards. In 22 hours there's going to be no way to get them any more and their price is already rising. In a couple of months they'll be worth far more than they are now to collectors wanting to get that rare Foil badge.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 am

Ah, I didn't know you could buy and sell these things. That's made it a lot easier to get the blasted badge. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 am

Cowbacca wrote:Completed Sleeping Dogs (open world GTA style game set in Hong Kong, you play an undercover cop infiltrating a Triad but it's a bit more complicated than that) over two days. Another highly enjoyable game: open world undercover cop g set in Hong Kong. The combat was a little easy but the story, graphics, and especially the voice acting were all great. Took me around 16 hours to "complete" the game, but there's still tons of extra things to do. It's £5 on Steam at the moment, well worth the money.

I loved sleeping dogs, can't praise it enough :yes: the story was nothing new, the gameplay was standard open world stuff, but for some reason the game was phenomenal. Definitely a bargain at £5 if anyone's thinking about getting it :yes:

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 pm

So, on Friday night, I went and downloaded the demo of UnEpic. It took me five hours to complete the (very awesome) demo.

I took a look on the intermewebs to find how much the full game cost, and somewhere along the lines (my memory seems to be fuzzy on the details) I purchased Civ 5 and the new X-Com on the Steam sale.

I didn't want to do anything for the next year, right?

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
Cowbacca wrote:Completed Sleeping Dogs (open world GTA style game set in Hong Kong, you play an undercover cop infiltrating a Triad but it's a bit more complicated than that) over two days. Another highly enjoyable game: open world undercover cop g set in Hong Kong. The combat was a little easy but the story, graphics, and especially the voice acting were all great. Took me around 16 hours to "complete" the game, but there's still tons of extra things to do. It's £5 on Steam at the moment, well worth the money.

I loved sleeping dogs, can't praise it enough :yes: the story was nothing new, the gameplay was standard open world stuff, but for some reason the game was phenomenal. Definitely a bargain at £5 if anyone's thinking about getting it :yes:

Once my funds balance out and I've finished the games I'm playing, I'll be re-buying Sleeping Dogs. Sold it because I was low on £££ and hadn't played it in a while.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Great stuck on a part of Assassins Creed 2 where I can't go and get medicine and am being mobbed by 10 people with long lances. Fuck off. Not sure the game saved when I rage quit, can't be bothered. Thing that killed me more was jumping off the wall of Rome, not the cunts on it.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Jobdone wrote:Oh god.

Just lost another hour and 49 turns to Civ 5.

I do not have the willpower for this game.

Oh man, that game is such a time sink. I had to have a moment of self-realisation to stop playing it.

Anyway. Was really liking Uncharted until those weird mutant things showed up. Then I just stopped taking the whole thing seriously.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Finished Mass Effect 3, superb trilogy. Now going on to try and complete every race on Forza 3 (which is going to take years) and then I'll get the DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution because I no longer have all the achievements and seeing it as incomplete when it was is driving me up the wall.

Also have Assassins Creed II, Fable III, Forza 4, Forza Horizon, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and the Skyrim expansions to plough through.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Forza horizon knocked burnout paradise off the spot of best racing game ever made IMO. Those games will take you a good while to get through and are mostly enjoyable :yes: fable 3 was a couple of hours of bitter disappointment as a fan of the first one, and haven't played hitman, the rest are excellent.