Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby kanet666 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Jobdone wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:
Jobdone wrote:I wanted Wolfenstein, but I didn't 8.75 want it considering the other games I have on Steam.

On the point of wasting money, considering picking up a PS4. I really wanna play Bloodborne, and I'll need it for when Pro Evo comes out in September.

As long as you only want bloodborne and multi platform games, go for it. The exclusives are shocking.

Yeah I'm literally buying it for Bloodborne, a better Pro Evo, and a decent bluray player.

I was reading the other day that Bloodborne may be coming to PC. I have an Xbone so won't be getting a PS4 (Playstation's have god awful controllers) and I shall hope that it does indeed make the jump to a decent platform.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

Davros wrote:
Danroush wrote:
Davros wrote:Decided to hold for Saints Row 4. I found it for £12 on Amazon! As I say, I'm paying catch up.

Got it during the christmas/new year sale for £3.74 I believe :P

VizardAmata wrote:Was tempted by Wolfenstein, but just couldn't justify it when I have so many games to play.

Very much the same here, but I also can't run it on my current hardware anyway xD

Damn that's cheap! Is it for the physical copy? Also at the moment considering I'm so far behind as I've not gamed for the last few years I really don't see the point in buying something new as they're so expensive. In fact I'm quite surprised by how many patches and updates you get on console games. You never got that sort of thing I. The 16 6 bit era. However you didn't get games like GTA5 haha!

Nah just a copy on steam. But yeah I usually go for buying one or two steps down from what's just coming out and end up with some really brilliant games for very low price, along with any initial bugs usually having been sorted out.

Key downside of course is that in terms of multiplayer people have often moved on to the "next big thing" to play with their mates, which is exactly the reason COD still continues to sell well.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:28 pm

VizardAmata wrote:The Wii U is actually worth buying now, but I'm waiting for the Zelda Wii U game myself.

To be honest I'm mostly just impressed by the game pad. It's pretty well put together! I don't understand why they don't sell a load of their older games though. Diddy Kong Racing, the Pokémon Games, etc. I'm still convinced Nintendo don't actually understand humans or their desires :lol:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:43 pm

They are really weird about a lot of things.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:13 am

Bloodborne is viciously pushing my shit in.

It takes a while to get out of the Dark Souls mindset of "Hold up shield, gently walk forwards, block for ages to learn attack pattern" and instead that I have to keep dodging and hitting and countering.

I've died on the first area about 10 times and it's all been my fault and I love it.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Bloodborne is great, I wish I had more time for it.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Got Lego batman 3 in the ultimate game sale on Xbox one there, £14 for the game and a bunch of dlc down from £60

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Just over a month till Insomnia. Only time ill voluntarily go to Coventry.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:27 pm

It took me over 10 hours of farming and one super focused 15 minute attempt to beat a certain boss on Bloodborne yesterday, and today I've beaten 2 and explored 3 areas and beat a dungeon

Fuck I hate that boss.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:56 am

Started co-oping Saints Row 4. Been a bit of a glitchy experience so far. Its playable. Aside from that Far Cry Classic is a work in progress, if I can ever drag myself from building random shit on Minecraft.

World of Tanks compatibility between xbone and 360 sounds like great news. My Grille is ready.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:19 pm

FINALLY got my physical Kickstarter rewards from backing Planetary Annihilation.

I need to get back to playing that TBH...

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Preordered God of war 3 on ps4. Its the only one I haven't played and I loved the others so I thought it would be worth a play. Also, I need a game for my ps4 that I can't get for my Xbox one. Any game really. But not killzone shadow fall. Never that.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Really loving Saints Row 4 even though it's mental! Kind of annoyed that I'm yet to play a game that's exclusive to the PS4. It's funny to think that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are near enough ten year old consoles. If you go back a few generations. That's like expecting AAA games that were being released on the Playstation 1 to also be released on the Megadrive and Super NES.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:45 pm

I need Gat Outta Hell as soon as possible. I played all the dlc on SR4 which was varying degrees of insanity.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Just started Stick of Truth. In Butters kitchen, open a drawer, hand full of pubes. I am in tears. More silly games for me to play please.