Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Saints Row IV has been pretty fun so far, although I'm not entirely sure what the point of including cars in that game was. They are useless as soon as you get your first powers.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Style, mostly.

Sure, running around playing a better Crackdown than Crackdown is one thing, but being able to nonsensically use a car slower than you on foot to mow people down is its own reward.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:04 pm

WoRLoKKeD wrote:Damnit. Zangief confirmed for Street Fighter 5. That's another returning character slot taken that isn't Juri. Bastards.

Holy crap, it's you! Hello you.

Got a PS4 the other day. Pretty much lol-ing that you need a £40/year PS+ account to even use the fucking webbrowser. What a crock of shit. :lol:

I've been playing GTA V, since it's taking forever to come to Linux. Might pick up South Park too, if it's not stupidly censored.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

WoRLoKKeD
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby WoRLoKKeD » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:45 am

Yep! I have returned!

And I was toying with the idea of getting a PS4 for a while, but seeing as the only things I'm looking forward to are Killer Instinct and SFV, and both are coming to PC next march, I don't know if I can be bothered.
Kaahl wrote:Metal Hammer is actually Finnish for "Metal, My Arse!"

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:24 am

Not really started anything new for a good few months. Might change that today if I can shake this wicked hangover. If I can't I guess it will be screwing with people using aircraft on GTA5

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Mirrors Edge completed. Fun game, shit ending, and got a bit staggered by the random awkward forced combat sections. Really does feel like the tech demo for Dying Light.

However that ticks another game off my steam list that I've completed. 15 down, 492 to go.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Mate Jon just got an xbone. I now think I am the last person left out of all the fellows I regularly party with without next gen. Hopefully get a decent deal in November. :(

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 am

AC Brotherhood at the moment and before that it was Far Cry 3.

I don't even like paying over the odds for new release games so I'm loathe to pay Sony £40 a year to play online. There should be a reduced rate for occasional online gamers. The only games I ever enjoyed playing online were Red Dead and Dark Souls, everything else I do is single player anyway.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I think you will enjoy GTA online. Lost a few weeks on that I imagine as I did going around shooting poseys south of the border on red dead.

Also brotherhood. Love AC. CANT WAIT to play Assassins Creed Launch Day Patch French and British editions on xbone.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Yes, it's very good. I played AC II about 3 or 4 years ago and I've only just got around to playing it's sequel. I've also got Revelations to play next or may opt for Borderlands 2 if I fancy something different. Decisions, decisions!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 pm

I really enjoyed revelations because Ezio is a total badass. I would miss ac3 and its dlc and play Black Flag and Rogue. Unity I am getting straight away when I go next gen with Minecraft and GTA5.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 pm

I've been in the Xbox preview program since early on, before BC was announced and all that, and everything always worked fine. Until the new dashboard. Worked for one night and now I cannot connect to Xbox live. The problem is not my internet or Xbox live (every other device including 360 is fine) so I'll need to factory reset my console to get rid of the fucking thing. Think this will be the end of my time in the preview program to be honest.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Did a factory reset and I still have the new dash but its actually working. Win/win really because the new dash is pretty cool. Reportedly 50% faster than ps4 UI.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 pm

I am actually broke from trolling people on GTA. I had half a million and was saving up for that sexy as fuck Zentorno (with green naturally) and blew it all on fucking with peoples online experience. Money well spent.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am

Always a good idea until you look at your money :lol: