Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:44 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PMRFkx07g&feature=player_embedded

I'll just leave this here. 8)

am i the only person not who doesnt care about Modern Warfare 2 (or cod 42 as i like to call it)
single player was boring and multiplayer wasnt any better than any other fps

Modern Warfare was OK but personally I found it the weakest of the COD series so far. It just didn't have the charm that the WWII based ones had. I'm definatly not psyched for MD2.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PMRFkx07g&feature=player_embedded

am i the only person not who doesnt care about Modern Warfare 2 (or cod 42 as i like to call it)

Modern Warfare was OK but personally I found it the weakest of the COD series so far. It just didn't have the charm that the WWII based ones had. I'm definatly not psyched for MD2.

Modern Warfare 2 has nothing on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YofVL4UyEM0&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua01m6Wfo60
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Hmmm, should I get Braid off Steam for £3.39?
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Fifa2010 Demo Out Now!
Championship Manager 2010 Offer to Pay anything you want for it expires tonight!
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Calibur wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Calibur wrote:
Why won't it let you upgrade? :?

The weekly maintanance was extended from 11:00Am to 5:30Pm, and then the webstites maintanance was extended to an undisclosed period of time. When it got to half six-ish I assumed they had all packed up and gone home and given up on making it work :x
Hopefully it'll work today.

Ah yeah, now I remember. Login servers crashed aswell which didn't make me a happy bunny. :|

Not only that, but apparantly I need to download the 3.2 patch again as I'm installing WotLK off of the DVD. Wouldn't mind except I was downloading from 12 untill 6 and I only got a third through it (I need better internets :( ).

RB2610 wrote: Hmmm, should I get Braid off Steam for £3.39?

Probably, I've heard nothing but good things about it :yes:

gumpy87 wrote:

[/quote]

I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't played COD4, I feel no need to either. I'm absoloutley sick to my stomach of console fps games.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't played COD4, I feel no need to either. I'm absoloutley sick to my stomach of console fps games.

FPS games are fucking awful on consoles thats why :lol: They should only be played on a PC.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't played COD4, I feel no need to either. I'm absoloutley sick to my stomach of console fps games.

FPS games are fucking awful on consoles thats why :lol: They should only be played on a PC.

I've never been bothered about format tbh. Yes it's easyer to get accuracy on a PC, but the fact you have an actual trigger on a console has allways been sorta satisfying. There are just so many fpses that the market is over-saturated atm.

Hellbr1ng3r
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Hellbr1ng3r » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Each to their own I guess. Some people prefer analogue sticks, some people prefer the mouse

They both have their ups and downs :)

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:

I've never been bothered about format tbh. Yes it's easyer to get accuracy on a PC, but the fact you have an actual trigger on a console has allways been sorta satisfying. There are just so many fpses that the market is over-saturated atm.

FPS games are just too fucking slow on consoles and its painful to actually get any kind of accuracy. The market does have a stupid amount of them, but thats the case with any genre really.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

No, ther can never, ever, be enough decent rpgs. There hasn't been a decent once since Oblivion imo. rts can do with a few more games as well, they're getting better all the time on console and I'm waiting on one that can finally beat Red Alert2 on pc.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:13 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:No, ther can never, ever, be enough decent rpgs. There hasn't been a decent once since Oblivion imo. rts can do with a few more games as well, they're getting better all the time on console and I'm waiting on one that can finally beat Red Alert2 on pc.

Yeah exactly, DECENT rpgs. There are feck loads of them around, just like any genre, but a lot of them are shit. Same as the FPS market.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:No, ther can never, ever, be enough decent rpgs. There hasn't been a decent once since Oblivion imo. rts can do with a few more games as well, they're getting better all the time on console and I'm waiting on one that can finally beat Red Alert2 on pc.

Yeah exactly, DECENT rpgs. There are feck loads of them around, just like any genre, but a lot of them are shit. Same as the FPS market.

So what can be deduced from this is that most games around today are shit :lol:

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon

Postby twilightoftheidols » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

cant beat rogue squadron!!
Insurgency - War Thrashing Chaos - Militant Death Cult MLP due September 2017 https://insurgencythrashuk.bandcamp.com

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 pm

twilightoftheidols wrote:cant beat rogue squadron!!

For N64? best game evar!
Loved the unecsesarily complicated password to unlock the naboo starfighter :lol:

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:

So what can be deduced from this is that most games around today are shit :lol:

Pretty much! :lol: I've been so disappointed with new games over the past year or two.