Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

gumpy87 wrote:
Luke- wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Recently picked up FFX again. I'm currently working towards getting clear spheres so I can pimp my characters.

Damn my completist nature....

Pimping those bitches is all well and good until you come to needing those fucking Luck Spheres.

And I miss FFX since my brother stole and pawned off my PS2... I'd like to give the XII another go too, cause theres no way in can actually be as shitty as it was.

finding luck spheres and level 3 key spheres is the worst part of FFX and XII is as bad as you remember

Haha yeah, I've already been told about the Luck spheres but I don't really wanna think about it, haha. I just wanna get to the good part of making Penance my bitch. :D

FFXII isn't as bad as people make out.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 am

isabiggles wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
isabiggles wrote:I've got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 :(

I told my mum that my Xbox was broken and she asked what was wrong with it. I said it's got the red ring of death and she replied "oh yeah I had that last night".

Seriously awkward silence man..

Back to microsoft then for that

that's why i have a PS3 . i have bought all 3 of Sony's machines and not 1 problem, but so many people have had thr red ring of death that i know, I just find it remarkable , but that's what you get when you go for the cheaper option :P

I had a Playstation and Playstation 2. They were both awesome but I didn't like the direction that Sony started to take. PS2 had some incredibly fun games but I think they went overboard in trying to be super nextgen, incredible graphics etc. so I went for an Xbox 360 instead. I don't regret it at all to be honest. The games are great and it's easy to use. There are about eight other people in my year at school who play it as well. We had a pretty cool team deathmatch on XBL until I started red ringing :(

I don't play games very often tbh, i use mine as a Bluray player more than anything

Dansiferum
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Dansiferum » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 am

Got:

Left 4 Dead 2
Sacred 2
Rock Band
Borderlands
Batman
Brutal legend

Bought em/Given em over the last few weeks, too many on the go now.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I don't play games very often tbh, i use mine as a Bluray player more than anything

Seems an expensive blu-ray player nowadays then...you can pick up a Sony profile 2.0 blu-ray player for £80 nowadays...the one that won best player of the year awards in 2009.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Soze wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I don't play games very often tbh, i use mine as a Bluray player more than anything

Seems an expensive blu-ray player nowadays then...you can pick up a Sony profile 2.0 blu-ray player for £80 nowadays...the one that won best player of the year awards in 2009.

I have had my PS3 since release day :yes:

and it still gets some of the best scores in the player market

johnny_boy
Warrior of Metal

Postby johnny_boy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 pm

seeing as i have far to much time on hands these days ive just beat the hell out of FFIII, FFIV, and the new zelda on the ds.

currently waiting for dragon age origins to download as i refused to buy something before ive at least played a few hours of a games, but its taking for ever
is it worth the price to just buy it anyway or should i hold off until it comes down in price

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:49 pm

johnny_boy wrote:seeing as i have far to much time on hands these days ive just beat the hell out of FFIII, FFIV, and the new zelda on the ds.

currently waiting for dragon age origins to download as i refused to buy something before ive at least played a few hours of a games, but its taking for ever
is it worth the price to just buy it anyway or should i hold off until it comes down in price

I'd personally wait, why pay £40 for a game when you know it'll be a lot cheaper for the same game, with maybe extra content 6 months later :yes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
johnny_boy wrote:seeing as i have far to much time on hands these days ive just beat the hell out of FFIII, FFIV, and the new zelda on the ds.

I'd personally wait, why pay £40 for a game when you know it'll be a lot cheaper for the same game, with maybe extra content 6 months later :yes:

I`m the same...I did buckle and pay full price for Left4Dead 2 ( as Left4Dead was one of my favourite ever games ) but it had dropped by a tenner a few weeks later and I swore not to do it again!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I havn't paid more than £25 for a game in years

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm

If you want to play it now, buy it. Its not like the £15 difference if you wait a few months is a life-changing amount, especially if you want to give it a spin now.

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:

If you want to play it now, buy it. Its not like the £15 difference if you wait a few months is a life-changing amount, especially if you want to give it a spin now.

its about £30 on amazon which isnt to bad cos its got loads of gameplay, altho downloadable content seems expensive at d mo.
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:07 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Haha yeah, I've already been told about the Luck spheres but I don't really wanna think about it, haha. I just wanna get to the good part of making Penance my bitch. :D

FFXII isn't as bad as people make out.

Ahh grinding the Monster Arena for Spheres, good times. FFX is a great game after you get past all the guff like the plot, story, character history and just to the last save point inside Sin before the End Boss Yu Yevon. Blitzsball, monster hunting, beating the Dark summons, farming Dark Matters from Dark Yojimbo and Penance.

FFXII is all right but I felt out of love with it after hearing I couldn't get the ultimate weapon because I opened a few chest early in the game, Thanks EA. :rolleyes:

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 pm

I started re-playing Dead Space over the weekend. I forgot how terrifying that game is, it really is an accomplishment in terms of game sound design and atmosphere. I also recently played and finished Assassin's Creed II, which was definitely one of my favourite games of 2009.

Can't wait for Army of Two 40th Day this weekend!

johnny_boy
Warrior of Metal

Postby johnny_boy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 pm

markguy764 wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:

its about £30 on amazon which isnt to bad cos its got loads of gameplay, altho downloadable content seems expensive at d mo.

i managed to pick it up today for 20 after using a friends discount in hmv. and so far i think ive moved away from it in order to scavenge for pop tarts and cups of coffee

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am

onona wrote:I started re-playing Dead Space over the weekend. I forgot how terrifying that game is

Eh..? I found that game to be completely tame. Not a bad story though, the final twist took me a little by surprise.

FFVI:- Just released the hoard of espers and made a peace treaty with the empire.
Pokemon Blue:- Haven't played since I beat Brock.
HM: IoH:- Currently in Fall, year two. Me sprog should be popping out any day now.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson