Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
gumpy87
Denim Demon
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Merthyr tydfil south wales

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Smindas wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:
Smindas wrote:Started playing Megaman X1 for the first time in like a decade. I think I might try and play through the whole series. It's going to be glorious.

I prefer the X series to the Megaman series, they are slightly more forgiving

X6 wasn't forgiving. X6 was evil. But yes, generally I agree with you. Plus, the X series is just more fun - faster, more energetic and it has Zero.

I haven't played X6 but X3 was the closest thing to an easy Megaman game and Megaman 1 was an evil game everything after that didn't seem so bad
By this axe I rule

HouShian
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby HouShian » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:25 pm

isabiggles wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:dont have it but i can borrow it for the week if you need someone to free roam with


I know Moonburp has it but I think he's still at Wacken. We should really try getting a posse together.


If i wasnt getting food and shit ready forwork tonight i'd join ya on a free roam
Image

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:35 pm

RB2610 wrote:OMFG, I forgot about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI

I allways thought it was pretty dubious that 10 8-10 feet tall, heavily armoured uber soldiers could ever fit in one of them, especially if they're devastators and all lugging lascannons around. Then I remember it's a game and I should stfu.

User avatar
RB2610
Denim Demon
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: London

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RB2610 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Haha, tbf I did watch it thinking "could a Space Marine reaaally fit in that, let alone a squad of them?"
Image
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

User avatar
Smindas
Denim Demon
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Smindas » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:I prefer the X series to the Megaman series, they are slightly more forgiving

X6 wasn't forgiving. X6 was evil. But yes, generally I agree with you. Plus, the X series is just more fun - faster, more energetic and it has Zero.

I haven't played X6 but X3 was the closest thing to an easy Megaman game and Megaman 1 was an evil game everything after that didn't seem so bad

Nah, X5 is easier than X3. At least X3 had a few difficult moments, X5's a breeze. But yeah, I agree the first original Megaman games were vicious. As is Megaman 9. I can't hope to beat those.

I did however just play through X1, now to start on X2. God I love these games :D

User avatar
Bisset
Denim Demon
Posts: 4322
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 pm

The Strider battle in Half Life 2 ep2 is making me want to imbed my face in a wall over and over again
"Keep the hunters off freeman"

Squad dies within 2 seconds meaning I have to take out 3 hunters and a cunting strider. Repeadedly
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:43 pm

CrapyMike wrote:dont have it but i can borrow it for the week if you need someone to free roam with

turms out i cant boorow it after all, someone else beat me to it :ugh:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:03 pm

I'll get xbl. One day.

/manly tear.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:09 pm

you have an internet connection, why dont you already have xbl?
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Money money money mooooooney. MON-EY! /as sung to the tune of that song.

I've actually got it, but I can't play games on it.

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:56 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Money money money mooooooney. MON-EY! /as sung to the tune of that song.

I read that as how it's sung in Kill on Command by Vio-Lence :lol:

User avatar
gumpy87
Denim Demon
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Merthyr tydfil south wales

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Smindas wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:
Smindas wrote:X6 wasn't forgiving. X6 was evil. But yes, generally I agree with you. Plus, the X series is just more fun - faster, more energetic and it has Zero.

I haven't played X6 but X3 was the closest thing to an easy Megaman game and Megaman 1 was an evil game everything after that didn't seem so bad

Nah, X5 is easier than X3. At least X3 had a few difficult moments, X5's a breeze. But yeah, I agree the first original Megaman games were vicious. As is Megaman 9. I can't hope to beat those.

I did however just play through X1, now to start on X2. God I love these games :D

I still haven't got Megaman 9 and 10's out in the not too distant future, I now have a strong urge to play the Megaman X games, im going to have to borrow Megaman X collection off my friend
By this axe I rule

User avatar
Bisset
Denim Demon
Posts: 4322
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 am

gumpy87 wrote:I still haven't got Megaman 9 and 10's out in the not too distant future, I now have a strong urge to play the Megaman X games, im going to have to borrow Megaman X collection off my friend


http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/2/24/
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

User avatar
Smindas
Denim Demon
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Smindas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Bisset wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:I still haven't got Megaman 9 and 10's out in the not too distant future, I now have a strong urge to play the Megaman X games, im going to have to borrow Megaman X collection off my friend


http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/2/24/

Ah, Penny Arcade. You're so wrong and unfunny. Megaman X was never meant to be 10, it was just meant to be a whole new character - otherwise, sequelling Megaman X with Megaman X2 would make no sense. It would have to be Megaman XI. The fact that Capcom are just now about to release Megaman 10 further corroborates that fact. Also, why would Megaman 10 have come out before even Megaman 8? I never understood that argument.

Megaman 9 was a bitch, I barely got anywhere on it. The same will probably happen with 10. X2 is also unforgiving as sin, there's no way I'm going to be able to get all of Zero's parts and what not. Fuck being a completionist.

User avatar
Bisset
Denim Demon
Posts: 4322
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Smindas wrote:Ah, Penny Arcade. You're so wrong and unfunny.


I stopped reading after this sentence
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.