Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jobdone » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:53 am

To drop in on the general discussion, the announcements on the weekend guaranteed my attendance. Got like 4 out of the 7 I want to see.

Hopefully this quality keeps up throughout the whole year.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Jobdone wrote:To drop in on the general discussion, the announcements on the weekend guaranteed my attendance. Got like 4 out of the 7 I want to see.

I thought that the last two years...if I was a betting man I'd say make the most of it up to February before it all goes downhill :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:19 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Jobdone wrote:To drop in on the general discussion, the announcements on the weekend guaranteed my attendance. Got like 4 out of the 7 I want to see.

I thought that the last two years...if I was a betting man I'd say make the most of it up to February before it all goes downhill :lol:

:lol: I'm expecting Opeth and 7 reformed nu metal bands any day now

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:As for My Dying Bride. Maybe some people just haven't got any taste as they played a blinder.

Whether that's true or not (IMHO not, but I appreciate others may see it differently), it's indisputable that they played to an empty hall:

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:28 pm

I've got one. But that one is sufficient to guarantee my attendance. Two of the others are in my "they're OK, but I wouldn't buy a ticket because of them" category.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Tet wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:As for My Dying Bride. Maybe some people just haven't got any taste as they played a blinder.

Whether that's true or not (IMHO not, but I appreciate others may see it differently), it's indisputable that they played to an empty hall:

I'm down the front somewhere there...

I absolutely love MBD, but for me that was the worst time I've seen them, they weren't bad, just nowhere near their normal standards; I'd seen them a few times recently before that and they were on fire, the Bloodstock performance in contrast was a let down. I guess they can hardly be blamed for not being at their best when they're supposed to be headlining and find themselves playing to a tiny crowd with people leaving constantly.

It was hardly surprising though, if someone decided to get Stratovarius to headline a funeral doom festival they'd get a similar response.

Now that the festival is much wider in it's appeal and the tastes of the attendees, they're well overdue another appearance.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:38 pm

so should we be expecting a return to the normal announcement every 2 weeks?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:39 pm

I hope so
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:48 am

I think we'll get one every two weeks up to the cut off point for early bird tickets. We probably won't get as many bands (I suspect we'll have a headliner and their respective special guest in each, plus maybe a lower band or two). Things will get going again in late January.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 pm

i0th wrote:Depends on how lazy they are, but look at Sabaton, grafted like hell, played every chance they could at the bottom of bills in small venues working their way up and now they sell out multiple UK show tours (not a token London date) in large venues & are a credible choice to headline Bloodstock. The opportunities are there if bands want to take them.

Absolutely, but I'm just pointing out that it may not be worth it in the eyes of a smaller band with a lower profile here to come all the way out here just for this festival, when they could stay within mainland Europe and probably get more value out of the money spent touring.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:21 pm

So, what do we think for the next announcement?

I'm going to predict the following:

I think it will take place next week and will announce the top 3 main stage bands for the Saturday, plus maybe one other act.

Guesses: Emperor, Opeth, Candlemass (top 3). Additional band: Power Quest.

For the final announcement before early bird tickets go off sale, I think we get the top 3 for the Sunday, plus a couple of other bands.

Guesses: Whitesnake (total guess - replace with some other 'classic artist' as appropriate), Arch Enemy, Saxon. Additional bands: Marduk, Rage.

Thoughts?

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Isn't Lords Of The Land a UK exclusive for Marduk? I can't remember what it said in the announcement tbh

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Marduk are a UK exclusive to Scotland so not gonna see that.

In seperate news, My Dying Bride have announced they are doing an old school set at Roadburn. If Bloodstock could get on that for headlining Sophie, that would be perfect!
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Guesses: Emperor, Opeth, Candlemass (top 3). Additional band: Power Quest.

For the final announcement before early bird tickets go off sale, I think we get the top 3 for the Sunday, plus a couple of other bands.

Guesses: Whitesnake (total guess - replace with some other 'classic artist' as appropriate), Arch Enemy, Saxon. Additional bands: Marduk, Rage.

Thoughts?

Emperor and Candlemass would be outstanding for me! Marduk would be great but they are indeed exclusive to Lords of the Land. Wouldn't say no to Arch Enemy either.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Emperor, Candlemass and Saxon would be great.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!