Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 am

Warlock wrote:In flames would sub or maybe 3rd I think.
I can see it being Sabaton, they are the most boring uninspired choice, (seeing as they play so often and it will have been only 2 years since last time) but also depenable and relevent, they always get a huge crowd and about the size to step up to headliner. I'm not sure though having Amon Amarth step up aswell will make them less likely, as they would be taking a risk on 2 new headliners, but this may not be a problem as Sabaton are so popular at Bloodstock. I think they'd be better off saving them for 2018, but can just see them being booked for this year, Bloodstock seem to love the obvious plain choices (Megadeth) without thinking to much outside the box, and I don't think the repeat time would be a problem for them. It would seem very vanilla and meh but probably go down well.
I'd much rather Disturbed, but they may be a bit left field for Bloodstock, would be a bit of an imaginative and new booking for them, but I guess so was Rob Zombie in 2015.

I love both Sabaton and Disturbed, so either would be a win for me. Personally, I think I'd prefer Disturbed this year (would be a 'new' headliner vs a band only 2 years removed) and save Sabaton for next year (where BOA can promote it as their first UK festival headlining slot).

I don't think Volbeat are entirely out of the question, though I think (assuming they are affordable) BOA would more likely go down the route of having them as a special guest (under Megadeth maybe?). Assuming they got a good crowd/reaction, they could step them up to headliner in a few years.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

i0th wrote:I think it was Volbeat they'd've been announced already, the Alter Bridge tour ended at the beginning of December, best to announde quickly after that to pick up sales from then surely? Could be al l sorts of reasons why they coudln't though.

Does Ritchie's Stone Free Festival show rule out Rainbow?

With the amount they've been charging (at least, on last year's tour) I can't see them being affordable, even as a headliner.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I reckon it's 3 Doors Down.

Derbyshire and Staffordshire would be under about 10 feet of plastic bottles if that happened

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm

phuqsticks wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I reckon it's 3 Doors Down.

Derbyshire and Staffordshire would be under about 10 feet of plastic bottles if that happened

I've no idea who they are.

I just saw a bit of footage of them playing the Donald Trump thing and though they were just as bad as some of the suggestions like Disturbed. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Why would Volbeat be special guests in a year we have Amon Amarth headlining, that makes no sense, Volbeat are a much bigger band.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Warlock wrote:In flames would sub or maybe 3rd I think.
Bloodstock seem to love the obvious plain choices (Megadeth)

I agree with the sentiment but how were they the obvious choice this year? :?

i0th wrote:I think it was Volbeat they'd've been announced already, the Alter Bridge tour ended at the beginning of December, best to announde quickly after that to pick up sales from then surely? Could be al l sorts of reasons why they coudln't though.

Does Ritchie's Stone Free Festival show rule out Rainbow?

Wouldn't it work the other way round? "hey, you know that band you've just had the chance to see/you've just seen? Now you get to see them again" would be more off putting surely.

I don't think Rainbow would be in contention with or without Stone Free, would be too expensive surely.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Oh yeah Volbeat in with a shot too, wouldn't Sabaton have announced by now if they have finished their tour?
I don't think Rainbow are the kind of band the organisers look to book anymore.
Megadeth are kind of obvious because they are like one of the standard reliable but unimaginative choice.

Alexmetalstock666
Lowly Peon

Postby Alexmetalstock666 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:43 pm

A few bands that seem to be touring, record releasing or just generally active lately who id like to see announced for his year:

Morbid Angel
Anaal Nathrakh
Life Of Agony
In Flames
Once Human
Suffocation
Crowbar
Sabaton (id be happy for them to headline sat!)
Cradle of Filth

All are likely possibilities at the moment id say!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Napalm Death have also announced a few UK dates with Iron Reagan and Brujeria, probably likely to see either of the former two!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Can see Napalm Death getting booked

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm

What about Scorpions for the last headliner?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:23 am

metaldinosaur wrote:What about Scorpions for the last headliner?

Way too expensive. They turned down headlining Download's second stage as it 'wasn't big enough'.

In other news, the Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and In Flames tour completed it's UK leg last night...

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 am

Thankfully Avenged sevenfold will never play bloodstock much like Korn and Bmth thank the metal gods.
Disturbed I can see playing possibly as Saturday headliners dunno how I feel about that but they were good at Hellfest so :). But Volbeat and Sabaton would be epic I'd prefer Sabaton myself l.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 am

So hoping for Battle Beast Stahlsarg Eastern Front toxic holocaust Skeltonwitch cryptopsy vital remains Gotsu totsu kotsu Sabaton sabeindas Atomwinter. Amberian dawn Xandria Steelwing Enforcer white wizzard Cauldron Volture . Evile Bonded by blood Gama Bomb Warbringer.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 am

Vicky does want Manowar to play,arnt they on a fairwell tour??? So maybe the last chance to get them but I would be worried about the rumours surrounding manowar and their demands well playing festivals.
Magic circle. Line up control seperate ticket prices.