Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Would still love Emperor to be announced but really don't think it will happen
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:34 pm

I don't know why people seem so interested in chart positions....For me Kreator can headline because they are good enough and are well respected across a typical Bloodstock crowd. Their last 2 albums are better than anyone else's last 2 albums across the whole spectrum of genres. So mastodon and bands like that might have had a higher chart position but how many of those that bought that album would be going along or even heard of Bloodstock.

Too many bands headline on the strength of what they did 20 years ago where as bands like Kreator and Amon Amarth deserve a shot on the strength of them consistently making good albums and still being at the top of their game.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Kreator are NOT big enough to headline in a year Amon Amarth also headline. It's as simple as that. I won't say that they won't be headlining, I'm just saying in advance, its a massive backwards step if they are.

Is the 3rd of March definitely an announcement? Hopefully it would be more than just the headliner but I doubt it.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:I'm definitely thinking co-headliners now.Kreator/Epica/Opeth (pick 2 from 3).

Kreator and Epica. Fuck Opeth.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:09 am

I get that we rarely get notice of announcements this far ahead if it wasn't someone big i.e. a headliner but is there anything else that says it will be a headliner? Could the sub-headliner with a few other bands which could include Kreator.

Apocalyptica also finish their tour on the 1st...

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:55 am

houston4044 wrote:I get that we rarely get notice of announcements this far ahead if it wasn't someone big i.e. a headliner but is there anything else that says it will be a headliner? Could the sub-headliner with a few other bands which could include Kreator.

Nothing that says its a headliner no, just lots of hopeful thinking!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:42 pm

cheesemason wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I get that we rarely get notice of announcements this far ahead if it wasn't someone big i.e. a headliner but is there anything else that says it will be a headliner? Could the sub-headliner with a few other bands which could include Kreator.

Nothing that says its a headliner no, just lots of hopeful thinking!

Indeed, Vicky could have been posting about her next lunch date.

In Rock Soc land Vicky pretty much ruled out Death Angel.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Lunasee
Powermetal Child

Postby Lunasee » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:46 pm

fluffkitten wrote:

Lady Gaga for Saturday headliner. :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/vickyhungerford/sta ... 4423415808

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe she's ordered the Nintendo Switch and is excited about it.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:05 am

fluffkitten wrote:

:x

Typical that I can't do any of their other dates either :(

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 am

Metal Church are playing London and Bristol in June, I would think it makes them more likely than for Bloodstock now :( Still, got a London ticket anyway :)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 pm

metalicbear wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
I'm not sure why, when you look at some of the bands that have headlined recently, people seem to think Kreator are too small. Using Manchester venues as a gauge, some of the recent headliners Bloodstock have had (e.g. 2011 onward) play venues the same size on their own headlining tours as Kreator are doing this month - W.A.S.P, Behemoth, Machine Head, Lamb of God, Down, Megadeth, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth.

If all those can headline, why can't Kreator?

Why include Behemoth? when they sub-headlined last time they played. WASP also headlined in a much smaller year. Why not include Within Temptation, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper? all recent headliners.

Kreator are playing 3 UK shows, with strong support from Sepultura, Soilwork and Aborted. Their newest album hit the UK chart at number 72.

On Mastodon's last UK tour, they played 8 shows in much bigger venues. Their last album hit number 10 in the UK chart.

Trivium's latest album tour, has been split in to 2 parts starting last year, they are playing 18 dates in total. Their newest album hit number 19 in the UK chart.

Amon Amarth are arguably a weak headliner, it's debateable as to whether they are big enough to headline, but even still, they played 5 UK shows last year as well as playing the main stage at Download. Their latest album hit number 30 in the UK chart.

Megadeth and Lamb of God played 4 shows in 2015 together; 2 of which were arena's. Their latest albums hit number 11 and number 7 in the UK chart.

Machine Head played 8 UK shows in purposefully smaller venues on their last UK tour, but they were still bigger than Kreator's venues. Their last album hit number 18 in the UK chart.

Down very rarely tour and it was hard to find any tour dates from them, the last tour I could find was 2008 and they did 8 shows in bigger venues than Kreator, their latest EP hit number 57 in the UK chart.

In short, Kreator aren't anywhere near big enough to headline BOA.

Nonsense. So the Rescue Rooms are bigger than Manchester Academy now?

Most of that is distorted facts to make out that Kreator is a small band when they aren't. A bit of student politics which is utterly meaningless. You should get a job with Labour. They're pretty good at distorting facts.

You keep saying so and so played bigger venues than Kreator. That's complete bollocks. How many of those bands have played to over a million people? Kreator have. I rest my case.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Luciam
Powermetal Child

Postby Luciam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
metalicbear wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
I'm not sure why, when you look at some of the bands that have headlined recently, people seem to think Kreator are too small. Using Manchester venues as a gauge, some of the recent headliners Bloodstock have had (e.g. 2011 onward) play venues the same size on their own headlining tours as Kreator are doing this month - W.A.S.P, Behemoth, Machine Head, Lamb of God, Down, Megadeth, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth.

If all those can headline, why can't Kreator?

Why include Behemoth? when they sub-headlined last time they played. WASP also headlined in a much smaller year. Why not include Within Temptation, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper? all recent headliners.

Kreator are playing 3 UK shows, with strong support from Sepultura, Soilwork and Aborted. Their newest album hit the UK chart at number 72.

On Mastodon's last UK tour, they played 8 shows in much bigger venues. Their last album hit number 10 in the UK chart.

Trivium's latest album tour, has been split in to 2 parts starting last year, they are playing 18 dates in total. Their newest album hit number 19 in the UK chart.

Amon Amarth are arguably a weak headliner, it's debateable as to whether they are big enough to headline, but even still, they played 5 UK shows last year as well as playing the main stage at Download. Their latest album hit number 30 in the UK chart.

Megadeth and Lamb of God played 4 shows in 2015 together; 2 of which were arena's. Their latest albums hit number 11 and number 7 in the UK chart.

Machine Head played 8 UK shows in purposefully smaller venues on their last UK tour, but they were still bigger than Kreator's venues. Their last album hit number 18 in the UK chart.

Down very rarely tour and it was hard to find any tour dates from them, the last tour I could find was 2008 and they did 8 shows in bigger venues than Kreator, their latest EP hit number 57 in the UK chart.

In short, Kreator aren't anywhere near big enough to headline BOA.

Nonsense. So the Rescue Rooms are bigger than Manchester Academy now?

Most of that is distorted facts to make out that Kreator is a small band when they aren't. A bit of student politics which is utterly meaningless. You should get a job with Labour. They're pretty good at distorting facts.

You keep saying so and so played bigger venues than Kreator. That's complete bollocks. How many of those bands have played to over a million people? Kreator have. I rest my case.

Which Machine Head tour are you talking about? http://blog.ticketmaster.co.uk/news/mac ... 016-19739/

Their last tour was all in academies with many sold out

The tour before that again was Academies http://www.kerrang.com/21495/machine-he ... line-tour/

Before that they did a proper intimate tour before the release of the album at which they sold out all dates in under 30 hours...

https://www.rocksins.com/2014/04/machin ... ows-20655/

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Whatever you think of their music (I like some of it) you'd have to be a mentalist to argue Kreator are anywhere near as big an a band like Machine head.

Joint headliner at a stretch for Kreator imo. SG or 3rd top are more likely though.

That is unless they are consciously downsizing. Who knows?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:10 am

I'd love to see Kreator headline, they'd be the best posibilty for me, Not sure they are big enough though, unless they are downsizing slightly. However they were above Arch Enemy on their previous tour, and seeing as AE are second down . . . Plus I think more people who go to Bloodstock regularly will be more into Kreator than the likes of the more mainstream stuff we get. They seem to be about quite alot at the moment though, so think that might bump them down to special guests. If they were a rarity like Emperor I think they could easily headline.

Really hoping they secure Metal Church, if not they are incompetent!