Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:53 pm

i0th wrote:Warlock would surely deserve a mainstage slot?

There's deserve and what fits for the festival. Angelwitch, Wolfsbane, Satan, Diamond Head, even Acid Reign are all very similar bands - pretty big in the day but not really a big enough name now to get a big slot on the main. It might be better for them to play the second stage, get an hour or more and probably pull a better crowd, rather than sticking them early on a bigger stage.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Please not DEP. couldn't stand anymore shite like that.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 pm

i0th wrote:Bloodstock tweeted earlier asking who was looking forward to seeing Chelsea Grin. No positive answers and one like. No doubt this will encourage them to book more similar garbage.

Probably from the same school of logic as 'well it's better to have some discussion than silence/nothing putting our name out there so lets put a deliberately divisive band on the bill'.

Skippy wrote:
i0th wrote:Warlock would surely deserve a mainstage slot?

There's deserve and what fits for the festival. Angelwitch, Wolfsbane, Satan, Diamond Head, even Acid Reign are all very similar bands - pretty big in the day but not really a big enough name now to get a big slot on the main. It might be better for them to play the second stage, get an hour or more and probably pull a better crowd, rather than sticking them early on a bigger stage.

I'd probably plump for a main stage slot, helps give some exposure and spreads the message that you're back and leaves people wanting more/promotes the upcoming tour (or in the case of some bands, keeps the set short enough that people don't realize you didn't have that many hits or are nowhere as good anymore).

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 pm

I'd love to see Warlock play on the Friday so Doro could join Amon Amarth for 'A Dream That Cannot Be'

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:I know Download are promoting it as their last UK show, but could BOA have actually gone for Dillinger Escape Plan as the final headliner?

They're splitting up? Fantastic news.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:05 am

i0th wrote:
Warlock wrote:Are Volbeat definately ruled out then? The longer we go on without the last headliner the more it makes me think it's someone from Download, this next announcement not being a headliner makes me suspect this even more.
I'd be very happy with Kreator as sub!

Volbeat aren't playing Download though?

I don't see why they're ruled out, no shows announced for that weekend and playing Wacken so they're in Europe at the time.

Sorry not very well worded but I meant the Volbeat question to be a seperate comment. I thought I heard they were supporting Avenged Sevenfold in america. If they aren't then they must be a possibilty, but it does beg the question why have they not announced them yet? They'd sell tickets, that leads me to think it's a download band, one of ffdp, Steel Panther or Airbourne, most probably the first. A side note but don't Volbeat seem like a tiny headliner for Wacken? Or are they just much bigger there?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:51 am

zombieman wrote:Warlock are back in business and have reformed for two summer festival dates with more European and American gigs promised.

The dates are to commemorate the thirtieth anniversary of Warlock's fourth and last album 'Triumph And Agony', which contains classic cuts 'All We Are', 'I Rule The Ruins', 'East Meets West', 'Fur Immer' and more.

As well as American musicians Tommy Bolan and Tommy Henriksen, who both made their Warlock debuts on 'Triumph And Agony', the album features Cozy Powell on some tracks.

Tommy Bolan commmented:

"I will be playing and tearin' it up with Doro and her band to celebrate the anniversary of 'Triumph And Agony'. We will be playing the entire album at the Sweden Rock Festival and Norway Rock Festival. More dates in Europe and USA are planned."

The two confirmed dates are:

6th Augusy: Sweden Rock
7th August: Norway Rock Live

A Bloodstock date, headlining the second stage would be awesome.

Would be happy with that!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:19 am

RobMoore1989 wrote:What happened to the countdown thread? Only just noticed it's gone as today was the first day I was getting excited for the upcoming gigs and festivals....

I didn't start one because some boring twunt was complaining that it was all pictures of transport without posting anything interesting himself....

As the demand is there, I'll start one then.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 am

The countdown thread is always a laugh and I like seeing the pics (am easily pleased)
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Luciam
Powermetal Child

Postby Luciam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 am

Warlock wrote:
i0th wrote:
Warlock wrote:Are Volbeat definately ruled out then? The longer we go on without the last headliner the more it makes me think it's someone from Download, this next announcement not being a headliner makes me suspect this even more.
I'd be very happy with Kreator as sub!

Volbeat aren't playing Download though?

I don't see why they're ruled out, no shows announced for that weekend and playing Wacken so they're in Europe at the time.

Sorry not very well worded but I meant the Volbeat question to be a seperate comment. I thought I heard they were supporting Avenged Sevenfold in america. If they aren't then they must be a possibilty, but it does beg the question why have they not announced them yet? They'd sell tickets, that leads me to think it's a download band, one of ffdp, Steel Panther or Airbourne, most probably the first. A side note but don't Volbeat seem like a tiny headliner for Wacken? Or are they just much bigger there?

Volbeat are huge on the continent, they've got a load of stadium dates for Aug/Sep with a couple sold out. Only the UK haven't jumped on them fully yet!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
RobMoore1989 wrote:What happened to the countdown thread? Only just noticed it's gone as today was the first day I was getting excited for the upcoming gigs and festivals....

I didn't start one because some boring twunt was complaining that it was all pictures of transport without posting anything interesting himself....

As the demand is there, I'll start one then.

Me :)

Although it was pretty dull and samey to be fair, and I don't see why I need to post anything "interesting" to validate the act of making a complaint.

Lunasee
Powermetal Child

Postby Lunasee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Looking at recent announcements in other fests I'd say Friday we're on for one of;

Epica
Death Angel
Kreator
Apocalyptica (20 years of Metallica by cello)
Trivium

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Lunasee wrote:Looking at recent announcements in other fests I'd say Friday we're on for one of;

Epica
Death Angel
Kreator
Trivium

Vicky has already ruled out Death Angel.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Lunasee wrote:Looking at recent announcements in other fests I'd say Friday we're on for one of;

Epica
Death Angel
Kreator
Trivium

Vicky has already ruled out Death Angel.

Epica and Kreator would make sense. Too soon for Trivium and from my and I feel pretty safe to say most people's opinions they went down like a Nick Griffin speech at a reggae concert.

they were one of the most underwhelming headliners and the attendance for their set seemed pretty sparse. I was there for about half the set so I may have missed a spectacular half-set (doubt it).

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:14 pm

I'd be reasonably happy with Warlock. Whilst I doubt many people of generations below me would know who they are I'm sure Doro herself is a reasonably big enough name to give them a mainstage slot. Back in the 80s Warlock threatened to become quite big in the UK but never quite made it.

I'll be quite disappointed if Kreator aren't announced on Friday but going on Tet's comments I'm fearing another load of old toss.